• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I was considering the Knight Hawkeye HK94 pistol over the past year. I think Knight only made about 4 of these pistols. Same hammer action as the old Wolverine rifles (no thanks - pain to clean) @$349.00

I considered the Traditions Vortek pistol, but, I've been through a few Traditions pistols and I don't care for the quality. I can see that the Vortek is a pot-metal cast just like the junk BuckHunter Pro was (garbage).

I had a BuckHunter Pro with the 14" barrel, what a POS. The manufacturing was crap, you could see the mold lines in the metal, the trigger spring broke 3 times, impossible to break down to clean with that punch through breech bolt, I can go on and on. @$349.00

So now I'm leaning to the CVA Optima pistol. Breech break and 1/4 turn breech plug, done. At least you can get parts for this one still. @$299.00

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    There is also the TC Encore 209x50 pistol that can be found from time to time. Mine shoots great with 100 gr Pyro pellets and the Hornady 250 gr XTP and a hammer on deer. Mounted a Burris 2-7 on it and with a steady rest can shoot 2" @ 100 yds. Easy to clean plus the bonus of being able to switch to one of many available centerfire pistol barrels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom