RED FLAG Demo @ HOGAN's House! This Sat. 2pm!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here is the little bit of march video I got yesterday. I was honestly expecting more people for the rally and really wanted to claim my dirt for the speeches. Hindshight is always 50/50 and I could have stayed down at the dock a bit longer. Sorry... So enjoy what little is here...

Mark

Hopefully P5 doesnt see this. With my sexy legs and biceps bigger than a mannequin he might be jealous :lol2:

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    "If you have nothing nice to say."

Just because you CAN lay a turd in others punchbowls, doesn't mean you HAVE to.

I'm going to say one thing and one thing only about schipperke:

Yesterday, he showed up in person at a pro 2A event, which is more than what a lot of folks did for the cause.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Yesterday, he showed up in person at a pro 2A event, which is more than what a lot of folks did for the cause.

And yet some people are giving him crap for his opinion, which they don't agree with, kind of like the progressives on the other side that don't like what we say, so they try to shut us up.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Time to do your follow up by wallowing with the pigs in the comments sections.

Remember, if you aren't in there swinging, you are basically ceding that aspect of the fight:

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/annapolis/bs-md-gun-rights-rally-20180414-story.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-gun-rights-rally-20180414-story.html

I tried reading through the stupid in those comments..Had to give up 10 comments in, my brain was starting to hurt.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    And it helps when you have every person possible pulling an oar.

Anne Arundel County Sheriff Bateman spoke and was prominently mentioned in the Baltimore Sun article, for good measure.

That’s Sheriff Bateman, left, with Gary Sigler, right, leader of My Brother’s Threepers—the group that secured the rally permit and worked like hell on short notice to make it happen.

Boy time sure has changed, he used to say only military and police should have guns and that he would confiscate. I believe he was one of only a few sheriffs to testify in favor sb281?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Point taken. Thanks for bringing it up.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I tried reading through the stupid in those comments..Had to give up 10 comments in, my brain was starting to hurt.

Not to be vain, I think that post you reply to was directed at me. Ironically, it shows the press control the narrative and comments validate these type of rallies don't change public opinion and may actually sway some away from a 2A rights side because of optics as others in threads yet to be persecuted have also speculated. Glad I didn't suggest reading those comments, could of been Quisling'd. I was eating at Mission when a March went by. I'll reserve the reactions I noted.

If I can attend a 2A rally that doesn't happen to be an exclusive PP production, I'll go. I'm just not in to being choreographed what to do, say, what to hold, get in this shot, out of that one etc. This is not a slight on any PP member that enjoys that. I also do not (shocker) feel welcome anyway which is not an exclusive condition I'm finding. I researched this rally and found it wasn't a PP production, so if I came and left wouldn't be persecuted by only a couple dozen attendees. I stayed for all the speakers and enjoyed it. To me, it's an opportunity to hang with like minded on firearm rights. I spoke with a few, that don't demand being in lockstep on 100% of their ideas and vice versa, and all is good. I did speak to some lamenting the Gov didn't care, and to pretend that is some untouchable secret is comical. I had a good talk with someone I've seen testify very well. When we concluded, I point to a large group on some steps getting a photo op. The group was all in BDU's etc. I mentioned appearances like that do not change minds. Not sure if he agreed, but I don't believe he took it as a surrender monkey comment, just an opinion. If people believe that kind of dress enhances changing gun shy people, then I'm definitely from another planet. It may fire up the those already sold, but changes minds?

My opinion (if allowed?) the Gov could give two sh*ts if guys tacticooled up are yelling about the Constitution, and I'm gonna bet he loses no sleep over the Baltimore Sun, where I can't even find a question. What never comes up are the two cases where these types of laws were upheld. Where is that "discussion", and what were the merits they failed on. If Hogan Vetoes or signs, he's already made that decision, by polling. Those Republicans that changed their votes are duplicitous politicians for the most part. "Sorry Larry, my constituents were really hounding me, but ya we're fine if you sign it". Some other mantra as if any discourse between 2A opinions emboldens the lurking antis or is demoralizing, I'm mean the tin foil keeps getting added layer by layer. Gun rights in our state require court rooms and am excited of the new carry suit. I wasn't an optimist on DC, but see no reason lightning can't strike again. If Hogan lets Red Flag law through, I'm sure there's a group that will file and get a stay, if their plate isn't full.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Not to be vain, I think that post you reply to was directed at me. Ironically, it shows the press control the narrative and comments validate these type of rallies don't change public opinion and may actually sway some away from a 2A rights side because of optics as others in threads yet to be persecuted have also speculated. Glad I didn't suggest reading those comments, could of been Quisling'd. I was eating at Mission when a March went by. I'll reserve the reactions I noted.

If I can attend a 2A rally that doesn't happen to be an exclusive PP production, I'll go. I'm just not in to being choreographed what to do, say, what to hold, get in this shot, out of that one etc. This is not a slight on any PP member that enjoys that. I also do not (shocker) feel welcome anyway which is not an exclusive condition I'm finding. I researched this rally and found it wasn't a PP production, so if I came and left wouldn't be persecuted by only a couple dozen attendees. I stayed for all the speakers and enjoyed it. To me, it's an opportunity to hang with like minded on firearm rights. I spoke with a few, that don't demand being in lockstep on 100% of their ideas and vice versa, and all is good. I did speak to some lamenting the Gov didn't care, and to pretend that is some untouchable secret is comical. I had a good talk with someone I've seen testify very well. When we concluded, I point to a large group on some steps getting a photo op. The group was all in BDU's etc. I mentioned appearances like that do not change minds. Not sure if he agreed, but I don't believe he took it as a surrender monkey comment, just an opinion. If people believe that kind of dress enhances changing gun shy people, then I'm definitely from another planet. It may fire up the those already sold, but changes minds?

My opinion (if allowed?) the Gov could give two sh*ts if guys tacticooled up are yelling about the Constitution, and I'm gonna bet he loses no sleep over the Baltimore Sun, where I can't even find a question. What never comes up are the two cases where these types of laws were upheld. Where is that "discussion", and what were the merits they failed on. If Hogan Vetoes or signs, he's already made that decision, by polling. Those Republicans that changed their votes are duplicitous politicians for the most part. "Sorry Larry, my constituents were really hounding me, but ya we're fine if you sign it". Some other mantra as if any discourse between 2A opinions emboldens the lurking antis or is demoralizing, I'm mean the tin foil keeps getting added layer by layer. Gun rights in our state require court rooms and am excited of the new carry suit. I wasn't an optimist on DC, but see no reason lightning can't strike again. If Hogan lets Red Flag law through, I'm sure there's a group that will file and get a stay, if their plate isn't full.

I like the rational and fact based comments that you are making , you can state it and write it far better then I .
    I also envy your composure while being attacked . Good on you .

I am also grateful for the members that have stood up for this man for having a different way to look at things . :thumbsup:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Interesting that threads and posts about and related to rallies are heavily criticized by some but threads and pleadings to call and email the critters and to go and testify are left unscathed. Those who voiced a differing opinion on a thread about roasting swine were practically tarred and feathered and two of the organizers got a case of the BH and temporarily bailed. Nobody who organized or participated in this rally is going to threaten to leave MDS over the criticism, just noting that we do have our "sacred cows" so to speak....

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Boy time sure has changed, he used to say only military and police should have guns and that he would confiscate. I believe he was one of only a few sheriffs to testify in favor sb281?

From February, 2013:
    I had a semi-private (others were present) conversation with Anne Arundel County Sheriff Bateman a couple days ago. He volunteered that he supports the 2nd Amendment but that he also supports an assault weapons ban. He said, "I don't think people should be allowed to run around with AK-47s."

After I confronted him on his political double-speak, he ended the conversation with, "We will just have to agree to disagree."

I apologize for not knowing the backstory on Sheriff Bateman. In 2013, I signed onto MDS as a member less than 30 days before this post about him (above) went up, and I don't remember seeing it.

Yesterday, he asked, and was given, a minute on the microphone before the full rally and gave an unqualified and full-throated declaration of support for 2A. Does anyone have recent knowledge that he has changed his mind about "AK-47s", and that yesterdays comment came from a changed man?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Schipperke: Try going on the "Prolly NSFW Funny Pictures" thread and posting "research facts" about comedy. or links to "scholarly analysis" about comedy. Would you be surprised to find out you would be told by many people there to take it somewhere else? The thread was started to share FUNNY PICTURES and is long-running success.

Go on an AGC thread that a member started to issue invitations about an upcoming competition, and try posting "facts" from a news article where some neighbor is suing AGC over noise. Would you be surprised to find out you would be told to take it somewhere else?

Do you see where I am going with this?

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD

When I show up for man up Mondays, I am usually wearing a tie as do several others. We're not a camo battle fatigues group.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Question to those who think that wearing a suit and tie to these events would be more appropriate, what did you wear yesterday? And if you didn't wear a suit and tie are you going to at the next one?

Not busting anyone's balls, just curious.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Question to those who think that wearing a suit and tie to these events would be more appropriate, what did you wear yesterday? And if you didn't wear a suit and tie
    are you going to at the next one?

Not busting anyone's balls, just curious.

I couldn't go:sad20:...you got me there. :o. But I absolutely would have suited up.

My outside wedding set a record at 104 degrees...and I was sick:puke:, but managed to stay tuxed up.

Sweat happens :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom