• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    I guess I should have seen this coming

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opi...drzusWIUzytYa5VQgLEmPqL7rTj3HtdxDjcYR4e7F3fzw

The National Rifle Association has let go of its most famous spokesperson, Dana Loesch, and ceased production of NRATV.

“As many of you may know, we have been evaluating if our investment in NRATV is generating the benefits needed.

“This consideration included the return on investment and the cost and the direction of the content.

“Many members expressed concern about the messaging on NRATV becoming too far removed from our core mission: defending the Second Amendment,” NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre said in a statement.

“So, after careful consideration, I am announcing that starting today, we are undergoing a significant change in our communications strategy.

“We are no longer airing ‘live TV’ programming,” he said. “Whether and when we return to “live” programming is a subject of ongoing analysis.

“The NRA will continue and improve our service on social media channels and our flagship website, www.nra.org – your trusted resource of information.

Advertisement - story continues below

“Our many web sites will continue to showcase new and archived videos, as we reorganize much of this information in a way that better serves our key audiences.

“What necessitated the change now is our conclusion that our longtime advertising firm and website vendor failed to deliver upon many contractual obligations it made to our Association.

Are you a Dana Loesch fan?
    Yes No
    Enter your email

Completing this poll entitles you to our news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
    “The NRA will always hold our vendors to high standards and ask that they maximize their value to the Association. No exceptions.

“Looking ahead, you can expect great things from your NRA. We will energize our messaging strategy, become more cost efficient, and promote the NRA’s singular focus like never before.

“Simply put, our messaging strategy will advance the NRA’s core mission: to serve our members and fight for our Second Amendment.

Advertisement - story continues below

Ackerman McQueen, which operates NRATV, was angry at the move but said in a statement that it was not surprised.

The company’s CEO Revan McQueen, sent Tuesday night, the N.R.A. said it “regrets that a longstanding, formerly productive relationship comes to an end in this fashion.”

It said it was “not surprised that the N.R.A. is unwilling to honor its agreement to end our contract and our long-standing relationship in an orderly and amicable manner.”

“When given the opportunity to do the right thing, the N.R.A. once again has taken action that we believe is intended to harm our company even at the expense of the N.R.A. itself,” It said.

Ackerman said it “will continue to fight against the N.R.A.’s repeated violations of its agreement with our company with every legal remedy available to us.”

Dana Loesch, the BlazeTV Host, NRA spokeswoman and Fox News contributor, works for Ackerman and was let go by the NRA.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    How about - Among other effects of the multiplayer thermonuclear meltdown including NRA and Ackerman McQueen , NRATV ( or at least any new programming ) is ceasing . Everyone involved in any capacity is let go , because their positions no longer exist . Including Dana L .

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I like Dana, however her videos were toxic.
    THANK YOU. NRATV was a dumpster fire that just stroked the egos of a certain segment of the membership. It did not represent us well, excepting maybe dudes like Colion.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Progressives are all over the place gloating on how "they" brought down the NRA.

I remind them (and all of us) that the NRA would be fine now had HRC won the election in 2016...

Somehow WLP wouldn’t have been embezzling money from the NRA? Because I am pretty sure that’s been happening for years.

I do think NRATV was a waste of money. It wasn’t really focused on what the core mission of NRA used to be and should be. Want to produce that stuff? Okay, fund it some other way through some other platform.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Good decision. She always came off as angry and kept connecting 2A to religion and social issues: things that divide people. That is a losing strategy long-term. 2A is a civil right and groups like the NRA serve their membership best by speaking about it in those terms rather than connecting it to other things.

It'd be great if the NRA had a channel to actually talk about firearms safety, shooting sports, technique, self-defense, firearms history and technology, etc., in addition to 2A.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Good decision. She always came off as angry and kept connecting 2A to religion and social issues: things that divide people. That is a losing strategy long-term. 2A is a civil right and groups like the NRA serve their membership best by speaking about it in those terms rather than connecting it to other things.

Yes.

Too many folks in our camp make the unforced error of driving people away from a moment's rational thought about or interest in the 2A by simply being unable to stop themselves from using the same conversation or venue to get red in the face about marriage or immigration etc. We don't win allies on the 2A when in the same virtual breath we tell people that they're wrong about who should be allowed to visit who in the hospital after a car accident. It really doesn't help when you hear, "Really, you should come to the range and see how good and safe gun owners are, and maybe while you're visiting I can convince you that because you're a Buddhist, you're going to burn in hell for all time."

Yes, we're in a culture war (liberty-minded individualists vs. collectivist tyranny/nanny-state types), but if we want to bring more people into the constitutionalist fold and get them to see reality about violence, guns, and all of the stuff we understand - we need to make sure we keep that conversation ABOUT that, rather than making every place we use to talk about it (in a public-facing way) a platform for other kinds of tribalism.

I'll never forget trying to recruit two good friends into being members of an Ike chapter so they could get in some range time closer to their homes. The person running the new members meeting decided to wrap up by inviting someone to preach, which turned into him speaking in tongues and chanting. The conclusion? "Hey, thanks for the invite, but you gun people are crazy." We need to broaden the appeal of gun ownership, not convince people that it's inexorably tied to some narrow and (to many people) strange and alarming subculture or another.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Noir is mostly boring and his vids are long for my taste. His videos do get a lot of views, and he has had some good content advocating some actual rational arguments. Unfortunately what makes his vids rational also make them boring. He will likely reappear in a different format.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Noir is mostly boring and his vids are long for my taste. His videos do get a lot of views, and he has had some good content advocating some actual rational arguments. Unfortunately what makes his vids rational also make them boring. He will likely reappear in a different format.

I tried of Noir's stuff pretty quickly, but also agree that it was generally rational and well presented. It's the attorney in him, I suppose.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Hopefully Noir is gone too. I find it funny how people attack Dana, yet breeze over Noirs B.S.

I've only ever watched a few excerpts of a couple of his things ... what makes them BS-y? Is it ideological? Technical? I haven't seen enough to form an opinion one way or the other, other than to know that the fact of his existence annoys many liberals.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I've only ever watched a few excerpts of a couple of his things ... what makes them BS-y? Is it ideological? Technical? I haven't seen enough to form an opinion one way or the other, other than to know that the fact of his existence annoys many liberals.

The Castile Shooting. He went BLM about it.

To be fair, there are nutters of all skin complexions who share the same opinion. Some are associated with local Gun Rights Groups too.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish

I do enjoy the fact that Noir is out there and making waves for liberals. However the one thing that I don't like about his stuff is he tends come across a little high and mighty and entitled. But that may just be the usual childhood brainwashing. And if you can get past that then......there may be something positive.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The Castile Shooting. He went BLM about it.

To be fair, there are nutters of all skin conplexions who share the same opinion. Some are associated with local Gun Rights Groups too.

I do enjoy the fact that Noir is out there and making waves for liberals. However the one thing that I don't like about his stuff is he tends come across a little high and mighty and entitled. But that may just be the usual childhood brainwashing. And if you can get past that then......there may be something positive.
    The NRA needs more dudes like him, not less. If the organization gave a shit about minorities carrying and living through the experience, maybe they'd actually support it instead of looking at it as part of the system discriminating against them. Yes, this is going to sometimes mean criticizing the actions of cops who shoot black men who have carry licenses. Sorry, but that's the price to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom