• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What's up with the Timothy Leary blue acid trip lightshow and reverb in that hall?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    President is really wandering everywhere but firearms.

Ok, he's getting on it now..

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Not impressed with Trumps' NRA speech. Heard a couple of statements that made me think; what isn't he saying. He didn't address "take the guns first," and I thought I heard "common sense laws." He reminded me of Hogan. I'll have to read the text when it's released. Fred55

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Not that I heard. Perhaps I'm expecting too much from politicians? Spent more time on accomplishments than the 2A, and it's real meaning. I expected more from him at a NRA convention. Doesn't bode well IMHO. It was disappointing, at least to me, I watched it on FOX News. Fred55

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Not that I heard. Perhaps I'm expecting too much from politicians? Spent more time on accomplishments than the 2A, and it's real meaning. I expected more from him at a NRA convention. Doesn't bode well IMHO. It was disappointing, at least to me, I watched it on FOX News. Fred55

National Reciprocity was a Trump campaign promise.

One would think the topic may have been broached with a bunch of gun loving folk.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Nothing about crates and crates of cosmoline and dust bunny covered C&R rifles and pistols being imported into the US again.

I'll take the Republican Trifecta Machine barely cares about the Second Amendment for a thousand, Alex.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I watched President Trump at White House YouTube channel. Honestly nothing much about firearms remarkable. Pence spoke more about firearms and 2nd Amendment.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The cameras spinning around to show a joyous Pence and Cruz, along with much cheering from the crowd, was an interesting moment.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    National Reciprocity was a Trump campaign promise.

And it goes without saying he'd sign it in a second if the legislature can get it done. This is entirely in their lap, not his. And he mentioned multiple times how important it is to shore up the Republican presence in both houses so they aren't always on the hairy edge when it comes to issues important to conservatives generally, and the 2A people specifically.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Nothing about crates and crates of cosmoline and dust bunny covered C&R rifles and pistols being imported into the US again.

I'll take the Republican Trifecta Machine barely cares about the Second Amendment for a thousand, Alex.

If he'd wasted a breath on citing C&R issues in the interests of propelling the national discourse in a more useful direction, or in hopes of getting non-liberal voters to get off their lazy butts and push back against the Hoggs of the world, it would have been wasted breath indeed. That would have been like using some of the rally/speech time to talk about the pros and cons of adapting a .45 suppressor to 9mm. Speeches from him, and from other people trying to stay in office need to be the OPPOSITE of seeming to fetishize specific features of gun ownership or collecting. It has to be about broader principles. When we talk about whether or not illegal aliens should or shouldn't have drivers licenses, it's not helpful to dwell publicly on Ford vs Chevy, or whether we should be able to more easily import Yugo parts.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If he'd wasted a breath on citing C&R issues in the interests of propelling the national discourse in a more useful direction, or in hopes of getting non-liberal voters to get off their lazy butts and push back against the Hoggs of the world, it would have been wasted breath indeed. That would have been like using some of the rally/speech time to talk about the pros and cons of adapting a .45 suppressor to 9mm. Speeches from him, and from other people trying to stay in office need to be the OPPOSITE of seeming to fetishize specific features of gun ownership or collecting. It has to be about broader principles. When we talk about whether or not illegal aliens should or shouldn't have drivers licenses, it's not helpful to dwell publicly on Ford vs Chevy, or whether we should be able to more easily import Yugo parts.

I was half joking. Dust bunnies an all.

But the RTM could very easily, working behind closed doors and away from firearm sensitive Democrat ears, change the import laws to allow more C&R into the country. Last time I looked, no one shot up a school with a 49 inch long, five shot fixed magazine, bolt action rifle. Only the hardcore Leftist Nutters would have a hard time with importing history.

Point being, the RTM isn't advancing the 2A in the slightest.

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead

I think the Republicans in Congress view gun owners as guaranteed republican voters. So whether Congress does anything for us or not, they know the vast majority of us will still vote for them. So they have no incentive to do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom