• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Some details:

Meet up at 8am ish at the Green Valley Supermarket shopping center on Rt 1 and Montgomery Road in Elkridge.

We will meet up with Raineman & CC crew at the Park & Ride on Rt 97 at Old Liberty Rd at approx 8:45 - 9am.

Taking 26 to Libertytown and then 77 to Thurmont and over the mountain to Smithsburg, getting on 70 around Hagerstown and then to Cumberland.

We will break for a lunch of hateful chicken and waffle fries of intolerance in Cumberland at the CFA 221 Williams Street. Dave MP and hopefully the Hooligans will meet us there and proceed through the countryside up to the Flight 93 Memorial.

See bolded text above - this is where I'll meet up with y'all as well. It's almost a straight shot north from my house to this location. Gulag Maps says it's 47-54 mins, depending on which route I take to get there, less than 30 miles. I will check with my coworker the next time I see him and give him the meetup spots, see which one he wants to use. I believe he lives in Westminster.

-John

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    See bolded text above - this is where I'll meet up with y'all as well. It's almost a straight shot north from my house to this location. Gulag Maps says it's 47-54 mins, depending on which route I take to get there, less than 30 miles. I will check with my coworker the next time I see him and give him the meetup spots, see which one he wants to use. I believe he lives in Westminster.

-John

That works.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Some details:

Meet up at 8am ish at the Green Valley Supermarket shopping center on Rt 1 and Montgomery Road in Elkridge.

We will meet up with Raineman & CC crew at the Park & Ride on Rt 97 at Old Liberty Rd at approx 8:45 - 9am.

Taking 26 to Libertytown and then 77 to Thurmont and over the mountain to Smithsburg, getting on 70 around Hagerstown and then to Cumberland.

We will break for a lunch of hateful chicken and waffle fries of intolerance in Cumberland at the CFA 221 Williams Street. Dave MP and hopefully the Hooligans will meet us there and proceed through the countryside up to the Flight 93 Memorial.

I'm hopeful that I can meet up there, I'm still trying to get work to cooperate with the ride. I'm sure 4570inMd is still in as his schedule is much more flexible than mine at this time in my existence.:D

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm hopeful that I can meet up there, I'm still trying to get work to cooperate with the ride. I'm sure 4570inMd is still in as his schedule is much more flexible than mine at this time in my existence.:D

Hopefully you both can make it, looking forward to meeting you guys.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    attachment.php

From last year, now with 50K+ and more dirt, bumps and bruises.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Is there a room available? If not... I'm still in for the day trip...

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Last one is yours, post #27 updated.

This is going to a great ride.

I certainly hope so! I did a 190 mile ride today with my wife and another couple we know ... mostly curvy roads through northern VA, something about shenandoah mountains and gaps and 'burgs... not that I understood, I just followed :D

I too can't wait to meet some of you that I've been posting with for the last several years! I just hope the weather cooperates with us.

-John

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I certainly hope so! I did a 190 mile ride today with my wife and another couple we know ... mostly curvy roads through northern VA, something about shenandoah mountains and gaps and 'burgs... not that I understood, I just followed :D

I too can't wait to meet some of you that I've been posting with for the last several years! I just hope the weather cooperates with us.

-John

All good motorcycle trips are Semper Gumby, Always Flexible. Irma is looking like more of a non factor, but if we get normal rain fall we will adjust, adapt and overcome.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    All good motorcycle trips are Semper Gumby, Always Flexible. Irma is looking like more of a non factor, but if we get normal rain fall we will adjust, adapt and overcome.

Works for me. I don't think I've ever ridden in rain that would put my stogie out, so it could be a new challenge.

-John

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    You'll be up in my part time neck of the woods. I'll be a 7 Springs all weekend and am trying to decide weather or not to take the bike up for this.

Places in around Somerset,

Summit Diner :thumbsup: as already mentioned,

Tailgators is a newer place, sports themed and not bad food. It's on N. Central in front of the Tractor Supply shopping center.

Oakhurst Tea Room is on 31 outside of Somerset. It's under new management and they just remolded everything. It's an all you can eat buffet.

Further down 31 is Laurel Mountain Inn. First time we went there we thought that they were doing a lot of carry out business since everyone coming out had a Styrofoam box. Turns out the servings are so big you need a box for the leftovers.

Even further down 31 in Donegal is Brady's. I've not been there yet but understand it's good food.

Or 7 Springs has a large selection of places to eat. The Grille is on top of the mountain at the sporting clays course is one I like.

Stoveman, I'll PM you my cell # if you'll give me a call when you get to Somerset and figure out what your going to do.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Don't know how much Interstate riding everyone likes to do but old Rt.40 from Hancock to Cumberland is a great ride. A quick look at a map and Mt. Savage Rd. to 36, 47 and 219 looks like it will get you to Somerset although I've never been that way. Again old Rt. 40 to 219 in Grantsville might be easier. Instead of 219 all the way to Somerset you can turn onto 653 in Garrett, go through town and take Shortcut Road to Somerset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom