• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Just pick any 125 load data and work up. Lilgun, H110 for fast loads, 4227 or 1680 will be slower. It's a handgun bullet, but will still work.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hornady manual gives load data by bullet weight, not by individual bullets.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Most 125gr loads I see are for the Nosler boat tail, flat base tends to be a bit more forgiving and lower pressure than BTs, so probably OK to work up with that data. If you use a chrono you can use published vs measured velocities as an indicator of pressure for a given load. Depending on your powder of choice 300BO loads tend to be WAY below saami pressure max, so it's relatively safe to substitute the published bullet probided similar structure(not an all-copper HP with fmj data)

Most 125gr loads I see are for the Nosler boat tail, flat base tends to be a bit more forgiving and lower pressure than BTs, so probably OK to work up with that data. If you use a chrono you can use published vs measured velocities as an indicator of pressure for a given load. Depending on your powder of choice 300BO loads tend to be WAY below saami pressure max, so it's relatively safe to substitute the published bullet probided similar structure(not an all-copper HP with fmj data)
    Seems a little iffy to me but to hell with it. Any load you would suggest to start with? The only reloading manual I have that includes 300blk is the Hornady.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Seems a little iffy to me but to hell with it. Any load you would suggest to start with? The only reloading manual I have that includes 300blk is the Hornady.

I really like CFE black, good for supers and subs, really low pressures, even when compressed accurate and forgiving, but moderate velocities. calls for 19gr starting to -20gr-c max. In lil'gun 17.8gr-21gr-c, H110/296 is 15.7gr - 18.5gr -c, but max load is near it's 55k max saami pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom