What ranges would you recommend in the Baltimore area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yungskeeme

Feb 6, 2019
    I’ve usually been going to Maryland Small Arms since my in laws go with me. They live about 15 mins from it. Trying to find something closer for when they can’t go with me. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I second the Machine Gun Nest.
    Nice place.
    Call to see when they are not busy if you are traveling from Balto.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Maybe not so convenient, but for others, Bel Air Gun Range is not bad.

My only real complaint is, they are quick to sweep the brass forward of the line. And I WANT my brass. :D

Yungskeeme

Feb 6, 2019
    Think I may try Freestate out. Good thing I checked out there site and saw that you can’t shoot steel cases ammo there. Guess I’ll have to grab some brass.

MackM

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2018
    If you take Free State's holster-draw class (completely worthless for instruction but required if you want to draw on their range), be sure to BRING your little laminated card on the yellow lanyard. I forgot mine and they wouldn't look it up on the computer and temporarily let me draw on the range that day. I live an hour's drive from there. Pissed me off so much - - - I had been looking at a new Walther 9mm as my Father's Day gift to me, that I walked out and told them to keep the Walther - - - I'd shop elsewhere.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    If you take Free State's holster-draw class (completely worthless for instruction but required if you want to draw on their range), be sure to BRING your little laminated card on the yellow lanyard. I forgot mine and they wouldn't look it up on the computer and temporarily let me draw on the range that day. I live an hour's drive from there. Pissed me off so much - - - I had been looking at a new Walther 9mm as my Father's Day gift to me, that I walked out and told them to keep the Walther - - - I'd shop elsewhere.

Comtinental in timonium did not charge for the holster qual. Must be a member. Can also enter with a loaded concealed gun with md ccw permit. Can’t do that at freestate.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Think I may try Freestate out. Good thing I checked out there site and saw that you can’t shoot steel cases ammo there. Guess I’ll have to grab some brass.

Yeah and what's funny, is that ammo like "Tulammo" is only steel cased. But Freestate Badger don't care....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom