• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I think 99% of the time it's something that someone participating in the thread should have known and so the Mod is just not going to waste their time reiterating it for the nth time.

Moding takes time and they should have to waste more of it on the people trying to see how far they can push limits of Mods patience.

Very much this.

There are like seven rules for getting along in this community of shooters, and the admins/mods are quite lenient as concerns them. Running afoul of them is something you essentially have to try to do, but yet people do so...repeatedly.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I think 99% of the time it's something that someone participating in the thread should have known and so the Mod is just not going to waste their time reiterating it for the nth time.

Moding takes time and they should'nt have to waste more of it on the people trying to see how far they can push limits of Mods patience.

Very much this.

There are like seven rules for getting along in this community of shooters, and the admins/mods are quite lenient as concerns them. Running afoul of them is something you essentially have to try to do, but yet people do so...repeatedly.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
    Agreed, and for that other 1% an explanation would be nice. Obviously we have folks who have learned the hard way about posting certain types of photos, racist content, and insults of fellow members. When a thread that is mostly a series of text links to articles is locked while disputes are at a minimum an explanation would be nice.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Every once in a while there are cases, after posting on the internet, I'd like to be forgotten. :innocent0
    So sometimes I think we're happy the mods deleted an entire thread.

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There may be reasons that the Mods would rather not divulge. When I ran the M1/M14 forum, we had some of the most vile and disgusting posts left by newbies and veterans. You would be surprised how capable people can have humongous brain farts.

I know curiosity gets the better of us some times. But I've found that these mods will give an explanation when THEY feel it is warranted.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Every once in a while there are cases, after posting on the internet, I'd like to be forgotten. :innocent0
    So sometimes I think we're happy the mods deleted an entire thread.

Once or twice or 50 times I've posted something and then a little later thought you know, someone could take that in a way that is completely different from how I intended. I wish you could delete a post in a locked thread.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county

Moding takes time and they should'nt have to waste more of it on the people trying to see how far they can push limits of Mods patience.

It's the other 3% that are the problem.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Norton posted a good explanation in a closed thread the other day (Muslim chaplain thread?)...when there is too much of "you" this and "you" that, it's time to shut it down (I paraphrase since I can't even remember which thread it was.)

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just wanted to give an open thanks to the Mod Squad for keeping this place relatively free of issues, and keeping tabs on things that could get out of hand, and become unfortunate incidents.

No need for details... just thanks.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The only threads I've seen deleted are the highly inflammatory/taint hairs in a knot/grab your pitchforks/a call to arms cuzz we ain'ta takin' this shitnomo threads.

Just my overly opinionated opinion, but I think the Mods are simply trying to tamp down an uprising.

Could be wrong of course.

PS: Not directed at you personally, Bound.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Yeah well we just put a President in office largely over the issue of illegals harming American citizens. I would think that we could have a thread on this topic without it being deleted. Apparently not. To the best of my recollection there were just news articles and responses to news articles in the thread. As of last night there was no arguing or controversy in the thread that I observed.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Now threads about illegals harming citizens are being deleted???

I have not noticed. There seems to be many posts pertaining to that in the Rockville Rape thread.

Did note some posts elsewhere deleted which absolutely agree was prudent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom