Want to join AAGC. What do I have to do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Anybody a member there? I am in need of a sponsor. I am not new to shooting sports, just new to Maryland. Anyways, planning on attending the vintage rifle match this weekend...

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Are you talking about the Anne Arundel Fish and Game organization (AAFG)? They hold vintage rifle matches on the second Saturday of the month? Not familiar with AAGC.

Q

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    I looked at both the AGC and AAFG web site and the match is on the AAFG web site.

You need a AAFG sponsor to become a member, and since you don't have one but plan to shoot in that match thats the best way to forge a relationship with one. Non members can shoot in many matches including the one you want to shoot.

Here more membership requirement info for AAFG.

http://www.aafg.org/membership.html

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Doh. Yeah, that'd be Anne Arundel Fish and Game. I made checks out to IWGC for so long that I automatically put GC at the end.

I showed up at one of the bullseye matches. They were like "who are you, and why are you here". They seemed confused by the whole thing. I mentioned that the website said to come to this match specifically. They were like "oh yeah, the website. We have one of those?"

check out
    www.arlingtonrpc.org
    We have open membership with no sponsors
    Where is that? The website doesn't seem to ever say. I live in Cape St. Claire, so the AAFG is right down the road from me (<10 min away).

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    AAFG been around since 1935. They do run a very tight ship, no doubt about it.
    You do need a Sponsor to join their club, and you must shoot with the sponsor for a bit.
    The Vintage Rifle Match is usually crowded, with 10 to 15 (or more) shooters, and they run a number of "relays" so everybody can shoot. The match runs from 10:00 to 12:00. You should get there early(9-9:30) and on arrival at the High Power range, sign in and look for Mr. Palk. He is the CRO and runs the Range/Vintage match. Good Luck.
    There are some very, very good shooters there.
    R

P.S. There are a number of members who live in "The Cape"

Last edited:

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Doh. Yeah, that'd be Anne Arundel Fish and Game. I made checks out to IWGC for so long that I automatically put GC at the end.

I showed up at one of the bullseye matches. They were like "who are you, and why are you here". They seemed confused by the whole thing. I mentioned that the website said to come to this match specifically. They were like "oh yeah, the website. We have one of those?"

Where is that? The website doesn't seem to ever say. I live in Cape St. Claire, so the AAFG is right down the road from me (<10 min away).

Yeah, the bullseye regulars there are very layed back, but all are super guys that will bend over backwards to help you, at least that has been my experience. They are not big on the website thing like the IPDA guys are. They prefer e-mail to keep everyone up to date, and distribute match score data and match schedule updates which I also prefer. Paul Striffler does a superb job acknowledging everyone who assist in the program and shooting accomplishments of everyone that shoots the leagues. I often show up to the line and he hands me a certificate for something I did. I just read their April newsletter and in there you can really get a idea of how well Paul recognizes peoples efforts. Now that the warm weather is here again, I need to get back over there and shoot a few matches. I hope your overall experience was pleasant.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    If you mean the AGC (Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. www.associatedgunclubs.org) in Marriottsville, you need to join one of the thirty or so clubs that meet there. Once you join a club, you need to pay the range badge fee of $150.00.

I am the secretary for Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club (www.monumental.org). You are welcome to come to our next metting on Sat. 04/16/2011 at 2:00PM. We meet at Memorial Hall (at the end of AGC Lane off 11518 Marriottsville Road where the Trap Range is). No pressure to join right away. Just come on out, meet the members and see what the range offers. You can pick up information about other clubs as well. I encourage folks to find a club that suits the shooting they want to do. In that way, they get the most out the the club and range membership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom