• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greetings all,

I've decided the time has come for me to get out of collecting and move on to new things. I haven't been to the range in quite a while and I don't miss it much. I will be listing my C&R firearms in the classified section as time permits. I have enjoyed collecting and shooting these pieces of history but it's time to move on. I just wanted to give you a heads up. Please do not contact me asking what I have. I have nothing that would make a museum curator drool but nothing is bargain basement. Keep an eye on the classified ads.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Greetings all,

I've decided the time has come for me to get out of collecting and move on to new things. I haven't been to the range in quite a while and I don't miss it much. I will be listing my C&R firearms in the classified section as time permits. I have enjoyed collecting and shooting these pieces of history but it's time to move on. I just wanted to give you a heads up. Please do not contact me asking what I have. I have nothing that would make a museum curator drool but nothing is bargain basement. Keep an eye on the classified ads.

Snap out of it man.
    :lol:

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Thought about it also . But when I hold one just can’t let em go. They are not in the way, not stressing for money but they are mine . Re think it . JMO. How’s the song go don’t know what got till it’s gone.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I wish I could collect more. And then my wife found out how many I have and my collection needs to be reduced :-(

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Greetings all,

Uh...

“Damn It Man...... I Need Another Milsurp!”

Time for that to go.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Like Combloc I too see the tipping point on the horizon. A few years ago for the first time I sold more than I acquired. You get to the point where you think "I took me 35 years to get to here, how long will it take to let it all go? Do I have enough years left ahead of me to get it done without putting a burden on family when I'm gone?".
    falconguy, good luck on the next phase of your life!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Like Combloc I too see the tipping point on the horizon. A few years ago for the first time I sold more than I acquired. You get to the point where you think "I took me 35 years to get to here, how long will it take to let it all go? Do I have enough years left ahead of me to get it done without putting a burden on family when I'm gone?".
    falconguy, good luck on the next phase of your life!

Yeah, I get that. On the other hand in my case, I am only 35...so...:D

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Yeah, I get that. On the other hand in my case, I am only 35...so...:D

Perfect! Now I know who to contact when it's time to let goodies from my collection go! I get worried when I'm at gun club meetings, shows or auctions and I look around to see everyone about is old like me. We need young blood in the hobby!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Perfect! Now I know who to contact when it's time to let goodies from my collection go! I get worried when I'm at gun club meetings, shows or auctions and I look around to see everyone about is old like me. We need young blood in the hobby!

If you can wait a couple of years. Took my wife shooting for the first time last week. Finally. Pulled a revolver (Colt OP) out of my range bag to show her how to shoot it and she freaked out.

She knew I’d bought a handgun before. She had thought I’d only bought one. And I had just shown her how to shoot the other one.

She is scared of guns (former die hard liberal anti-gunner).

Precipitated a massive fight. She only knew of 3 of the guns I had bought over the last year (I had bought 11...and told her subsequently of 6). As I told her, I was mostly leaving her alone about stuff she was spending money on and figured she was doing the same.

Anyway, I need to down size by a few guns and keep some of the other handguns I collected on the down low. Also show less interest in guns for awhile. Let her cool down and get a bit more comfortable with things. Only been owning and collecting about 3 1/2 years now.

Not sure if things will change. As she said, once the kids are grown up and out of the house, so long as I don’t bankrupt us, she probably will stay out of it and I can do whatever I want and she probably doesn’t want to know.

Until then, I had better tell her (her words) about any damned gun or gun thing I buy.

I may never be able to grow out of my 25 gun safe...time will tell (VERY unlikely before the kids move out. Only chance of that is maybe if some relative leaves a bunch of guns to me).

I sold a P64 last week afterwards. Looking to part with a Winchester 370 youth 20ga, sporterized Gewher 1898 and possibly a JC Higgins .410 pump. If I have to I may have to part with the other P64 and maybe my M57.

She hates my AR-15, but she isn’t insisting I sell it. She is also willing to let me pickup the Savage Rascal I ordered last week for the kids. Been teaching them to shoot on my scoped 10/22 and a neighbor’s borrowed old youth 22. The borrowed one just got returned. She gets that different guns have different uses.

She still can’t wrap her head around what all the different uses can be. Plus collecting.

Anyway, all that aside, she really enjoyed shooting the 10/22 (handguns were WAY too loud. At least till she gets used to shooting. She wanted me to bring something that she’d like, something she could use if SHTF and something to scare her. I should NOT have listened to her).

Threw a bunch of clays out on the 50yd berm and she busted them up. She wants me to take her again in a couple of months.

I don’t get it. It is what it is though. Most of my major bucket list items I already have, but still a small number I really want (1903 or preferably 03A3, 1911, a 1903 pocket hanmerless, K98, a bolt gun in .223, Vz58, Vz61 (semi auto version...I wish I could own the full auto one, or the SBR version)).

I mean, my wants stretch to about 40 or 50 guns I don’t own. But those are the bucket list ones I don’t have. I can probably get most of all of those in the fullness of time.

But I probably won’t be able to get more than maybe 1 gun every year or two till my kids are of it the house (12 years till my youngest is moved out). And probably at least a couple of those acquisitions will need or should be ones that are parts or “parts” sitting in my safe (a couple were stripped down before she inspected my safe, a couple were taken apart in put in ammo boxes temporarily). A few more are bare receivers I would like to build eventually (like I have basically all of an AR308 that I’d like to assemble eventually and a couple of other AR-15s with completed uppers, but the lowers are bare).

A bit of that I can likely offset by getting rid of a gun or two. Like I’ve got two SKS. A complete one and a barreled receiver I just got like 3 weeks ago I am 90% assembled. I can probably live with getting rid of the one that is 90% once I’ve finished it and shot it a bit in a couple of years. Especially if it means swapping it out for a gun on my bucket list, like a 1903A3.

Sorry for the ridiculously long post. Been weighing on me the last week and a half.

airbornetrooper

Nov 9, 2017
    VA

... raises hand ... Only 30 myself, so feel free to contact me as well haha :)

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Looking to part with a Winchester 370 youth 20ga, sporterized Gewher 1898 and possibly a JC Higgins .410 pump. If I have to I may have to part with the other P64 and maybe my M57.

Keep me in mind, if you should have to part with the P64. Showed it to my dad (huge Bond fan) and he said it looked like a Walther PPK. I'd buy it off of you, just so my dad could shoot something that looked like a PPK.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Keep me in mind, if you should have to part with the P64. Showed it to my dad (huge Bond fan) and he said it looked like a Walther PPK. I'd buy it off of you, just so my dad could shoot something that looked like a PPK.

Yeah, that’s my struggles. It’s kind of fun to shoot and looks so much like a PPK. I really don’t want to part with the other one...but if I’ve gotta part with another handgun, that’ll probably be the one as I like my Cz50 just a tiny bit more.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    If you can wait a couple of years. Took my wife shooting for the first time last week. Finally. Pulled a revolver (Colt OP) out of my range bag to show her how to shoot it and she freaked out.

She knew I’d bought a handgun before. She had thought I’d only bought one. And I had just shown her how to shoot the other one.

She is scared of guns (former die hard liberal anti-gunner).

Precipitated a massive fight. She only knew of 3 of the guns I had bought over the last year (I had bought 11...and told her subsequently of 6). As I told her, I was mostly leaving her alone about stuff she was spending money on and figured she was doing the same.

Anyway, I need to down size by a few guns and keep some of the other handguns I collected on the down low. Also show less interest in guns for awhile. Let her cool down and get a bit more comfortable with things. Only been owning and collecting about 3 1/2 years now.

Not sure if things will change. As she said, once the kids are grown up and out of the house, so long as I don’t bankrupt us, she probably will stay out of it and I can do whatever I want and she probably doesn’t want to know.

Until then, I had better tell her (her words) about any damned gun or gun thing I buy.

I may never be able to grow out of my 25 gun safe...time will tell (VERY unlikely before the kids move out. Only chance of that is maybe if some relative leaves a bunch of guns to me).

I sold a P64 last week afterwards. Looking to part with a Winchester 370 youth 20ga, sporterized Gewher 1898 and possibly a JC Higgins .410 pump. If I have to I may have to part with the other P64 and maybe my M57.

She hates my AR-15, but she isn’t insisting I sell it. She is also willing to let me pickup the Savage Rascal I ordered last week for the kids. Been teaching them to shoot on my scoped 10/22 and a neighbor’s borrowed old youth 22. The borrowed one just got returned. She gets that different guns have different uses.

She still can’t wrap her head around what all the different uses can be. Plus collecting.

Anyway, all that aside, she really enjoyed shooting the 10/22 (handguns were WAY too loud. At least till she gets used to shooting. She wanted me to bring something that she’d like, something she could use if SHTF and something to scare her. I should NOT have listened to her).

Threw a bunch of clays out on the 50yd berm and she busted them up. She wants me to take her again in a couple of months.

I don’t get it. It is what it is though. Most of my major bucket list items I already have, but still a small number I really want (1903 or preferably 03A3, 1911, a 1903 pocket hanmerless, K98, a bolt gun in .223, Vz58, Vz61 (semi auto version...I wish I could own the full auto one, or the SBR version)).

I mean, my wants stretch to about 40 or 50 guns I don’t own. But those are the bucket list ones I don’t have. I can probably get most of all of those in the fullness of time.

But I probably won’t be able to get more than maybe 1 gun every year or two till my kids are of it the house (12 years till my youngest is moved out). And probably at least a couple of those acquisitions will need or should be ones that are parts or “parts” sitting in my safe (a couple were stripped down before she inspected my safe, a couple were taken apart in put in ammo boxes temporarily). A few more are bare receivers I would like to build eventually (like I have basically all of an AR308 that I’d like to assemble eventually and a couple of other AR-15s with completed uppers, but the lowers are bare).

A bit of that I can likely offset by getting rid of a gun or two. Like I’ve got two SKS. A complete one and a barreled receiver I just got like 3 weeks ago I am 90% assembled. I can probably live with getting rid of the one that is 90% once I’ve finished it and shot it a bit in a couple of years. Especially if it means swapping it out for a gun on my bucket list, like a 1903A3.

Sorry for the ridiculously long post. Been weighing on me the last week and a half.

One dynamic I've yet to face is a significant other as I've never married. The last GF took a look at my collection and mumbled something about hating hording. Couldn't get rid of her fast enough in the end. And she was pretty conservative with no 2A issues but had a thing about collecting in general. That's a part of my hard wiring, if it wasn't firearms it would be something else I enjoyed. Just who I am.
    In the end it wasn't the main issue that ended the relationship, got a good glimpse at her nasty temper and wanted none of it. I'm too old a bunny to take crap from someone who doesn't have her act together. But I'm sure had things been different the collection would have come front and center sooner or later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom