• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Put in an order for some 5.56 ammo @.23 per round about 2 1/2 weeks ago with Freedom Munitions. After calling to check on the order yet again they stated they under counted ammo and even though the website said it was in stock they supposedly don't have it.

Went to their website and saw the exact same ammo I ordered (same description and everything) and now it is .5 cents more per round.

I think I got duked by them. Not sure I want to order from them again.

Anyone else have this type of issue with Freedom Munitions?

Dave

Jan 25, 2017
    Put in an order for some 5.56 ammo @.23 per round about 2 1/2 weeks ago with Freedom Munitions. After calling to check on the order yet again they stated they under counted ammo and even though the website said it was in stock they supposedly don't have it.

Went to their website and saw the exact same ammo I ordered (same description and everything) and now it is .5 cents more per round.

I think I got duked by them. Not sure I want to order from them again.

Anyone else have this type of issue with Freedom Munitions?

Dave

Was your order cancelled, or still pending? If it's still pending, they should honor the price. If they cancelled, and the website shows that the same exact ammunition you purchased is in stock, then it's a possibility that they cancelled the order for profit.

By chance, were you ordering new or remanufactured?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ***** I've ordered from them a LOT over the years and know after Sandy Hook they ran out of ALL ammo for some time. They were good about holding prices low on in stock stuff (at least for me..) but had to raise their prices quite dramatically due to increases in their costs for casings, bullets, etc.. One of my range friends who buys ammo for his club (it's a big club, and they buy ammo by the pallet..) said that other companies in the business of ammo sales bought an ass ton of ammo from them (Freedom) and re-sold it at a major markup, which I guess is their right, but it didn't make Freedom Munitions too happy. I guess the purpose of raising prices is so that only those folks who really want it or need it buy it, and so they can turn more of a profit - if you can get it cheaper, get it. If something bad happens like a Sandy Hook or other event that causes people to buy out all of the ammo, I don't blame Freedom and other companies raising prices as they know their costs will go up, probably dramatically, the next go around when they make more ammo...assuming they can get raw materials to make more ammo.

Hopefully prices come back down again. I've had other vendors straight up tell me they couldn't honor a price on items I was waiting for, as their costs went up. They didn't take my money, it was just an order I placed. Yes, it kinda sucked but I can see it from the business perspective as opposed to just mine.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    Ordered from them many times without any complaints. Maybe they will honor the sale when they get restocked. It happens.

730waters

Apr 20, 2013
    Rising Sun, Md
    Palmetto State Ammunition did the same thing to me on 6 boxes of 7x57, I ordered it online. I received an email 2 hours later telling me that it was out of stock and the next morning they had the same ammo for $6 more a box and had 50 boxes in stock. I asked them to honor the price that I ordered for online and they flat out refused, stating that they would loose money on the sale.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    is there a scare now?

Not that I know of. I simply meant the last time there was an ammo rush they did something similar at CTD.

Nothing to be scared of right now.... except maybe North Korea. And killer clowns if that sort of thing bothers you.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I've had other vendors straight up tell me they couldn't honor a price on items I was waiting for, as their costs went up. They didn't take my money, it was just an order I placed. Yes, it kinda sucked but I can see it from the business perspective as opposed to just mine.

you placed an order at their advertised price and they didn't fill the order? tough crap on the place of the vendor. that's their fault if they sold you something they didn't have in stock or on order and had to pay more than they expected. that wouldn't sit well with me.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Not that I know of. I simply meant the last time there was an ammo rush they did something similar at CTD.

Nothing to be scared of right now.... except maybe North Korea. And killer clowns if that sort of thing bothers you.

whew, i'm enjoying lower prices and hope they go lower or at least not higher.

and yeah all clowns bother me...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    They can be very slow to ship their orders. As long as you have a receipt for that ammo at the price you paid, they will honor that price. I've ordered thousands of rounds from them and other than slow to ship, they have been stellar.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Was your order cancelled, or still pending? If it's still pending, they should honor the price. If they cancelled, and the website shows that the same exact ammunition you purchased is in stock, then it's a possibility that they cancelled the order for profit.

By chance, were you ordering new or remanufactured?

The order was pending. Kept getting the usual Freedom Munitions "it should ship anytime now" speech from the ladies on the phone. My 9mm shipped but not the 5.56. When I called she said they miscounted ammo and cancelled my order and gave me a 7% discount on my next order. Problem was they were out of stock on all 5.56 except what I had originally ordered. And now it is marked up so much that even with my 7% discount I am still paying more than before and I don't think I get free shipping on it now.

Did not expect this kind of crap from FM. Oh well, someone else can have my money.

Dave

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    From years of reading here, it seems FM has always been hit or miss. One reason I refuse to order from them. I'd rather pay a little more for reliability.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Ordered from them many times without any complaints. Maybe they will honor the sale when they get restocked. It happens.

This. They run out of ammo frequently and sometimes take 1-2 weeks to deliver if they're busy. Longest I've waited is about a month. Hopefully they will honor the sale price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    The order was pending. Kept getting the usual Freedom Munitions "it should ship anytime now" speech from the ladies on the phone. My 9mm shipped but not the 5.56. When I called she said they miscounted ammo and cancelled my order and gave me a 7% discount on my next order. Problem was they were out of stock on all 5.56 except what I had originally ordered. And now it is marked up so much that even with my 7% discount I am still paying more than before and I don't think I get free shipping on it now.

Did not expect this kind of crap from FM. Oh well, someone else can have my money.

Dave

I haven't done a LOT of price comparison of online ammo but what little I've done, outdoorlimited.com seemed to be a competitive vendor. I've bought ammo from them on a few occasions and they've been great. I believe they're based out of High Point, NC so shipping has been pretty quick an inexpensive.
    Good luck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom