Virginia Election Nov 5: Are the Republicans even trying?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The problem always starts with the gop has independent thinkers, and don’t keep a blind oath to party over beliefs.

Democrats on the other hand are absolute at sticking together and not bucking the party.

That’s how they beat us time and time again, divide and conquer. The gop needs to learn from the democrats. The only way to beat them, is to be just like them in how they beat us. Otherwise, divide and conquer will slowly continue to eat the gop alive.

Close...the real issue is people who still believe the myth that you should chose the candidate over the party...A good idea in theory but the reality is that no matter how centrist a democRAT claims to be, once in office they will fall in line with the party agenda or receive no funding for re-election. While I am sure it might happen once and while on the right, In most cases Republicans are allowed to speak freely and vote on the issues as they see fit...There are no centrist democRATS....they don't exist any more...

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    A[Maryland]Farmer;5695268 said:
    Virginia is lost. The writing has been on the walls.

Yep, at least I have 13 months of freedom. . .now we just need to see how hard we are going to take it.

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    I feel bad for the people who moved from MD to VA to get away from this craziness. I have a feeling that VA 2A will be worse than MD when they start trying to pass laws in the next legislative session.

What will those people do know??? Move again

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Yeah the lack of uncontested seats definitely hurt the GOP in the House races. They just didn't have enough good candidates and resources to run across the state. The VA GOP is in such a pathetic shape in the past few years. These idiots have had multiple elections to get their party straightened out, and election after election they have failed.

Ed Gillespie was their last best candidate in 2014, and the GOP national didn't do much to support him, and the VA GOP could have done a lot more. He lost to Mark Warner-D by 20k votes.

For the next 2 years, the only hope the VA GOP has if 2 VA Democrat State Senators get caught in a serious scandal and have to resign.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Unfortunately I warned folks while working at MSI booths at gun shows that you better watch out because VA wasn't to far from turning. I got a lot of "yea, I know what your saying". Shocker, my prediction came true. Fact of life, as long as the government is one of the main employers in this region it's a lost cause. Don't give up hope though, thru the court system we can bring sanity back to this area.
    We might not be the majority but that doesn't mean that we can't be a formidable force in the Washington DC area.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    I feel bad for the people who moved from MD to VA to get away from this craziness. I have a feeling that VA 2A will be worse than MD when they start trying to pass laws in the next legislative session.

What will those people do know??? Move again

The upside for them is the VA state courts are far more conservative than Maryland state courts. So it's possible some of those anti-2A laws will be struck down.

Virginia has gone all blue now and they will suffer.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Is there a final count yet on the lesguslature make up? I bet old northrum is just licking his chops at the chance to claim moral high ground by signing Virginia’s second amendment away.

The panic buying Maryland experienced increased 2013, is going to replay all over again in 2020 in Virginia.

To all those that left Maryland for greener pastures in the last 5 years, welcome back to Maryland...

AACO_Salami

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 12, 2019
    Unfortunately I warned folks while working at MSI booths at gun shows that you better watch out because VA wasn't to far from turning. I got a lot of "yea, I know what your saying". Shocker, my prediction came true. Fact of life, as long as the government is one of the main employers in this region it's a lost cause. Don't give up hope though, thru the court system we can bring sanity back to this area.
    We might not be the majority but that doesn't mean that we can't be a formidable force in the Washington DC area.

I think it will be the massive increase in taxes and regulations that will push folks out of Virginia before the gun laws do.

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    To all those that left Maryland for greener pastures in the last 5 years, welcome back to Maryland...

That really hurt ... :sad20:

I've gone through one round of panic buying at MD. Don't really have the stomach (read: wallet) for another one at VA. Well, maybe pick up a few more standard-capacity magazines before the sky falls.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    NC is next. If you can see the land rush going on today, it won't be too many more years before NC goes the way of VA

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    NC is next. If you can see the land rush going on today, it won't be too many more years before NC goes the way of VA

I think one of the fundamental differences between NC and VA, is that NC does not have a major liberal urban city that its nearby such as DC which is massively populous and Democratic.

Not to mention NC is mostly surrounded by deep south states and many conservative southerners from Georgia, Florida, SC, and Virginia move to NC. Most NC cities are much smaller than cities in the northeast. Most recent trends I've read the state has been slightly getting more conservative.

To put it simply, Virginia's misfortune is largely tied to its proximity to DC and the Fed growth since 2001.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I think one of the fundamental differences between NC and VA, is that NC does not have a major liberal urban city that its nearby such as DC which is massively populous and Democratic.

Not to mention NC is mostly surrounded by deep south states and many conservative southerners from Georgia, Florida, SC, and Virginia move to NC. Most NC cities are much smaller than cities in the northeast. Most recent trends I've read the state has been slightly getting more conservative.

To put it simply, Virginia's misfortune is largely tied to its proximity to DC and the Fed growth since 2001.

I wouldn’t be so confident in that my friend. Are you familiar with how many liberal shitbags are fleeing the shitholes they’ve created and moving south to the Carolinas, Florida and Georgia ? I’ve seen first hand the massive influx of rich liberals, you know the ones that claim they understand poor folks.

Look at the last Georgia governors race as a sign. The folks fleeing their own creations won’t be having an epiphany overnight and become conservatives. They’ll continue to try for utopia and fail. Each time at their new states expense.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    I wouldn’t be so confident in that my friend. Are you familiar with how many liberal shitbags are fleeing the shitholes they’ve created and moving south to the Carolinas, Florida and Georgia ? I’ve seen first hand the massive influx of rich liberals, you know the ones that claim they understand poor folks.

Look at the last Georgia governors race as a sign. The folks fleeing their own creations won’t be having an epiphany overnight and become conservatives. They’ll continue to try for utopia and fail. Each time at their new states expense.

I don't disagree there are liberals moving to NC. What I'm saying is recent trends show more people moving from Republican states to NC than people from Democratic states. Also rich liberal folks tend to have fewer kids, and rural conservative folks tend to have a lot more. NC has very large conservative rural and suburban areas, without having a massive populous Democratic city such as DC.

If you look at the Presidential election results since 2004, NC has gotten more Republican each year, except for 2008.

It's always possible a state can flip, but NC doesn't have many of the things that caused Virginia to go total blue.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I think the Research Triangle area of NC is pretty liberal. I have thought about retiring there since I thought Virginia would fall, but it seems like dominos - the liberal disease is spreading south...

Did you see the map of Kentucky for the Governors election? The Democrats just won. The map is almost all red except for Louisville and Lexington. Sadly, just like in many other states these large liberal populous cities outweigh the rest of the state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom