• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    I follow ShootingUK on FB and the articles I read amaze me. This one has questions regarding the legalities surrounding one's home gun storage.

https://7-things-about-gun-cabinets-you-need-to-know

I am so thankful to be an American and enjoy the rights granted under the 2nd Amendment.

Are there any other countries in the world that afford its citizens any similar level of freedom in this regard?

Last edited:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I follow ShootingUK on FB and the article I read amaze me. This one has question regarding legalities surrounding one's home gun storage.

https://7-things-about-gun-cabinets-you-need-to-know

I am so thankful to be an American and enjoy the rights granted under the 2nd Amendment.

Are there any other countries in the world that afford its citizens any similar level of freedom in this regard?

"Q: Do I have to notify the firearms department if I move my gun cabinet to another part of the house?

A: No, but you should ensure that it is at least as secure in its new place as it was in the old one. The police may wish to inspect your new arrangements when your certificate comes up for renewal."

WTF? :crazy:

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    "Can I move my gun cabinet to another part of the house without telling the firearms officer?"

Wait. What? Who?!?!

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    If it's any comfort, the rest of Europe considers the UK to be hysterically irrational on this subject.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If it's any comfort, the rest of Europe considers the UK to be hysterically irrational on this subject.

And the UK considers the rest of Europe irrational on immigration, though the Uk screwed itserlf on the subject.

And Germany thinks Italy and Greece are insane spendthrifts.

And the whole EU thinks Poland and Hungary are racists for forbidding Muslim immigration.

And France thinks the rest of Europe are barbarians, while they trash Paris.

And all the globalists in charge of the EU think their subjects are ignoramuses.

And their subjects despise the EU bureaucrats.

And none of them have any problem with being taxed out the wazoo to support their benefits programs.

Meanwhile, Jews are leaving France in droves thanks to European love of diversity. At least most of Europe can agree on the subject of anti-Semitism: they're all for it.

Such a good idea, unifying Europe. They've been loving one another for a thousand years.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    And the UK considers the rest of Europe irrational on immigration, though the Uk screwed itserlf on the subject.

And the whole EU thinks Poland and Hungary are racists for forbidding Muslim immigration.

And all the globalists in charge of the EU think their subjects are ignoramuses.

And none of them have any problem with being taxed out the wazoo to support their benefits programs.

Meanwhile, Jews are leaving France in droves thanks to European love of diversity. At least most of Europe can agree on the subject of anti-Semitism: they're all for it.

Such a good idea, unifying Europe. They've been loving one another for a thousand years.

LMAO- that was funny, but true for the most part.

Veblen

Feb 16, 2018
    MoCo
    "I am so thankful to be an American and enjoy the rights granted under the 2nd Amendment.

Are there any other countries in the world that afford its citizens any similar level of freedom in this regard?"

Don't forget the 1st Amendment! In much of the UK, expressed view points offensive to some, aka "hate" speech, is criminal and punishable by prison time.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

They're rioting in Africa, their starving in Spain,
    There's hurricanes in Florida and Texas needs rain.
    The whole world is bustling with unhappy souls,
    The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles,
    The Italians hate the Yugoslavs, the South Africans hate the Dutch,
    And I don't like anybody very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom