• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    so my first poly80 glock, done a handful of ar15's & 10's. hard to tell with the pics, but the rear trigger block and the poly80 rear block seem to be tilting up just a bit in the front. the trigger bar seems to be higher than in my oem glock. as a result, i have to really press down on the ejector for the slide to come all the way back (ie the ejector is blocking the slide coming back because it is sitting a little high/angled up).

it is very hard to rack. i think in part from the ejector rubbing on the bottom of the slide and the rear rails not being parallel to the front rails. i don't see the slide rubbing on the frame. the lower parts are an oem glock kit.

i've just emailed p80, but if you see anything obvious or have any suggestions, i would appreciate that info. thx, david

Attachments

• 801resized.jpg
      801resized.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 1,333
    • 802resized.jpg
      802resized.jpg
      53.5 KB · Views: 1,555
    • 803resized.jpg
      803resized.jpg
      62.3 KB · Views: 1,194

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    haven't actually fired it yet. if i retract the slide all the way and let it go, it will go all the way forward. but if i walk the slide forward it will stop before going all the way forward. def binding, seems to be on rear rails and/or the ejector angled up/sitting a little too high.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    The few I have done have been stiff and need to be cycled several hundred times to for smooth action. I also run the slide guild rails on a diamond stone until all the coating is file off. It seems to cut down on the break in time.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    haven't actually fired it yet. if i retract the slide all the way and let it go, it will go all the way forward. but if i walk the slide forward it will stop before going all the way forward. def binding, seems to be on rear rails and/or the ejector angled up/sitting a little too high.

I had the same problem. Pull all the way back and slide goes home. Walk it home, or dont pull back all the way and it hangs up 1/2" from going home.

I cycled by hand maybe 100 times and although improved, wasn't 100%. Test fire went similar on the first mag, some went home others didnt. I had to bump the back of the slide maybe 1/3 of the rounds. After 100 rounds or so, ran fine. Even ran 158gr one handed(limp wrist) fine.

You might find it will break in after 100 rounds or so.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    I recommend running it for a bit. My polymer80 G19 took about 100 rounds of fire, FTE / stovepipe, hand cycle.

It should break in nicely. Had my first FTE after maybe 2-3k rounds of wolf ammo after the break in.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    The ejector looks all right i think. Most likely the rails are super tight. Probably need some polishing and possibly a bit of sanding to get a good fit. And rack the heck out of it.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I just finished one too. My striped slide would hang up a little around the rear rail when test racking as well. Once I finished the slide with the guide rod and spring it all felt normal to me.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    If it’ll eject rounds and then go back into battery you should be fine just needs a break in as others mention

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Stoning the rails is easy to do and makes a world of difference. Be sure to lube the guide rod, recoil spring, and rails to insure smooth operation. Be sure to select a lube that is safe for use on polymers.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    the secondary issue is that there is some rubbing/binding going on. the larger issue is the ejector has been blocking the slide coming all the way back during assembly, i've had to really press on it so that it fit under the slide.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Get a really fine grit sandpaper. Think polish, not sand.
    turn gun over and circular motion, hit all rails at one. don't take off any metal. Just smooth things out.
    Then
    Get some of that metal polish (I forget the brand) and polish the rails.
    It will be smooth as butter.

There is a guy named Johnnyglock on youtube where you can learn how to polish them up (what polish to order).

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Get a really fine grit sandpaper. Think polish, not sand.
    turn gun over and circular motion, hit all rails at one. don't take off any metal. Just smooth things out.
    Then
    Get some of that metal polish (I forget the brand) and polish the rails.
    It will be smooth as butter.

There is a guy named Johnnyglock on youtube where you can learn how to polish them up (what polish to order).

This^^

On over half of my P80 builds I've had to smooth the top of the rails down in this fashion. Otherwise, a) it grinds the SHIT outta the channel on the slide for the rails, and b) you will have it sitting with a fat gap between frame and slide.

I also, as an experiment on one, stuck some of the polish directly in the slide rails and then racked the pistol a couple hundred times and it is one of the smoothest ones I have now.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    the secondary issue is that there is some rubbing/binding going on. the larger issue is the ejector has been blocking the slide coming all the way back during assembly, i've had to really press on it so that it fit under the slide.

I think once the rails are straight that issue will be resolved as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom