• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I'm confused, but then again that's nothing new. On another firearms forum that I frequent a user claimed he was 19 years old and was a resident of Tennessee. Apparently Tennessee has an age requirement of at least 21 to get a CC permit. It came out that he got himself a non-resident NH permit that allowed him to legally carry in Tennessee because of reciprocity. It was quickly pointed out to him that he was most likely not legal due to how the Tennessee law was written. OK..here is why I'm confused. How did he get the non-resident NH permit if NH required you to have a permit from your resident state?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I'm confused, but then again that's nothing new. On another firearms forum that I frequent a user claimed he was 19 years old and was a resident of Tennessee. Apparently Tennessee has an age requirement of at least 21 to get a CC permit. It came out that he got himself a non-resident NH permit that allowed him to legally carry in Tennessee because of reciprocity. It was quickly pointed out to him that he was most likely not legal due to how the Tennessee law was written. OK..here is why I'm confused. How did he get the non-resident NH permit if NH required you to have a permit from your resident state?

Maybe TN has a military exemption?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The SC of NH just ruled that part invalid. You no longer can be requiree to have a home state permit first.

I didn't look but perhaps TN requires you to be 21 to carry, even with a valid permit from NH.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013

Maybe he got it before the rule change. The rule change is new as of 2013.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Meaning that before 2013 there was no home state requirement. But the post said the guy was 19. 3 years ago would have made him 16.

something is fishy.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Thanks for the link. As I thought, no constitutional argument here that can be used elsewhere.

Gary Slider

Feb 15, 2009
    Rambling One, You have to be looking at the map on the PA Page. Look at the legend on the Map. Those are states that honor PA. NH by law only honors resident permits from the states they honor. PA has a signed agreement with NH. It doesn't state like the agreements from VA, MS, FL, AZ and UT which states PA will only honor those states RESIDENT PERMITS. You can read all the agreements PA has signed by going here. https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Media_and_Resources/Firearm_Reciprocity_Agreements/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom