• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    The video speaks for itself. Is he clueless about the laws he is charged with enforcing or is simply a liar purposely painting a false narrative?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    ....did he just give a legal opinion, in his official capacity as AG, on alcohol use while carrying?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Being an un/mal-informed fool and being just generally deceptive in his pursuit of squashing liberty aren't mutually exclusive.

The fact that he can't (or is pretending to be unable to) distinguish between carry restrictions and the prohibition against carrying under the influence tells you exactly how much his wider efforts on gun matters in Maryland are based on classic lefty emotion-wrangling instead of anything resembling the facts of the matter. I wish this were surprising. It ain't.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    ....did he just give a legal opinion, in his official capacity as AG, on alcohol use while carrying?

I think he did.

it was posted to a public forum, he was not under duress, and was asked an open question for his opinion.

And considering that the state legal team operates under his purview, the next time that someone is charged with CC under the influence, this should be a pretty solid defense.

OR, mayhaps this could be the basis for a removal from office due to lack of faith. because he clearly has no idea about the laws he is charged to enforce.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Something about his face..... it's annoying to see. He's one of the TOP embarrassments in MD at this time, a bar that has been raised ever-so high in the last ~5 years.

One of the few things you have posted of late that I can agree with you on...:beer:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    If he read and understood the law he might see that the number of "beers" doesn't matter. Its whether the individual is "under the influence". That might mean a half of "one" beer, it might not mean after four beers.... but 6 hours later.

Not even playing semantics, it's just completely false whatever way he's trying to present it.
    The idiots that worship him aren't nearly bright enough to figure that out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I can sit in my house and drink as many beers or drinks as I please and take every gun I own out of my safes and there isn't a damn thing he or anyone else can do about it...While I don't think it's a good idea to carry while drinking unless the law specifically prohibits it. it's NOT illegal..

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    No, he's right. It's OK for HIM to be wearing his gun. You and I, not so much.

I confess I don't see what his statement in the video clip has to do with business owner carrying a weapon.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I confess I don't see what his statement in the video clip has to do with business owner carrying a weapon.

You can't see it because he's offering up word salad. He's utterly conflating/confusing the restrictions that have historically been placed on business owners (requiring a restriction-lifting fight that only now has shifted towards a default no-restriction permit for those applicants) with the prohibition against ALL carriers doing so while under the influence of alcohol.

He's implying - through ignorance or deliberate misrepresentation - that a business owner who's had his carry restriction lifted is somehow now allowed to carry while intoxicated. That's pure nonsense, which he knows and is pretending not to for pandering purposes, or of which he's ignorant because he's terrible at his job (or, some mix of both of those things).

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    More proof Frosh is incompetent. I learn basis firearms shooting etc in hunter safety in PA when 15 years old. Ummm Many many moons ago.

Gun Safety Is Everyone’s Responsibility Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting. Even if you don’t drink or do drugs, be aware that some legal drugs, like prescription medicine or over-the-counter remedies, can impair your ability to shoot safely. ALWAYS

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom