• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Very interesting! I'm guessing there will be show hotel rates as well ... if any rooms are left.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    We have our tickets for the show and the concert. Have been going for many years love it plus we get to see old friends. Chris & Wendy

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Tues-Thurs.
    Do NOT GO ON A WEEKEND.

yeah me my wife and I and possibly two of our close friends are going for two days this year, during the week

Went last year for one day and there is almost too much to see in one day. Went on a saturday and it was packed. Although if thats the only day you can make it up there, While crowded you cans still enjoy the show IMO, just gotta have some patience sometimes

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Unlike just about every gunshow, lawful concealed carry is expressly permitted. saw a couple OCers in years past, wasn't sure if they were vendors, of just carrying OWB and took a jacket off, either way it's nice not to be hassled.

Is concealed carry permitted?

Concealed carry of personal firearms is permitted in the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex with the proper license in accordance with Pennsylvania law. When carrying your firearm, always adhere to all federal, state and local laws.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    We get there every year. We were volunteers with the NRA for the shows in the past. Nice to meet up with friends from the NRA Range and Pyramid Air.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I just bought tickets for the NRA Country Concert. This will be my first time going to this show. I'm excited

Wear comfy shoes. The place is 64 acres all indoors. I would also suggest a back pack of some kind so you can stuff your coat in if you don't want to pay to check it or carry it.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    We get there every year. We were volunteers with the NRA for the shows in the past. Nice to meet up with friends from the NRA Range and Pyramid Air.

My Wife and I are going to be helping out with the NRA this year for the First time as well on the 6th

Than we are heading up the following thursday to enjoy the show. Looking forward to that week

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Might do a Fri./Sat. trip.

Is there a separate line for having your tickets vs. buying a ticket? At the Oaks show you can buy your Saturday ticket on Friday and avoid the line.

Last edited:

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Meh. I'll pass. Just looked through the list of exhibitors....90% are outfitters of some sort. Not what I'm looking for at all. Nor fishing, knives, archery, boats, ATVs, metal roofing, or truck wheels. Did an advanced search, searching out exhibitors with just firearms, ammo, and accessories and found not that many that interested me honestly. WHERE'S THE SHOOTING STUFF? Son wanted me to check to see if Duck Commander would be there again, nope. Realtree? nope. Guess I'll wait until the Annual Meetings are back in this area of the country again; regret missing it at Charlotte when it was there.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Meh. I'll pass. Just looked through the list of exhibitors....90% are outfitters of some sort. Not what I'm looking for at all. Nor fishing, knives, archery, boats, ATVs, metal roofing, or truck wheels. Did an advanced search, searching out exhibitors with just firearms, ammo, and accessories and found not that many that interested me honestly. WHERE'S THE SHOOTING STUFF? Son wanted me to check to see if Duck Commander would be there again, nope. Realtree? nope. Guess I'll wait until the Annual Meetings are back in this area of the country again; regret missing it at Charlotte when it was there.

pretty sure the annual meeting in atlanta this year...would be a cheap short flight

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Heading up for a weekday. I saw Taylor's & Co of Winchester will be there. Hoping to fondle some 1883 rifles. Last year waited till a few days before and found a house for the night from VRBO. Was probably 30 minutes out and $100 for the night split between 3 guys. Worked out well.
    It's a nice break from the winter monotony, and I ignore the duck calls. Those guys drive me nuts.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Might do a Fri./Sat. trip.

Is there a separate line for having your tickets vs. buying a ticket? At the Oaks show you can buy your Saturday ticket on Friday and avoid the line.

yes, there is a separate line and the line if you don't have a ticket will likely take a while to get through. Last year a friend didn't have a ticket and it was about 10 degrees outside. The rest of us walked right through. Let me know if you are going and when.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    gonna flash your press badge?;)

That will save you the $10 parking fee. So it's worth flashing it at the gate if you park in their lot.

And yes, weekdays are a lot better than weekends. It's a lot easier to move around and talk with the vendors.

I'm hoping to visit the Ken Penrod booth, for some upper Potomac fishing.

Not sure what day I'm going yet, but Cabelas is a good side trip, and Troegs brewery in Hershey is just a few minutes off of Rt. 81, and always a great stop for some food and brew. Always worth bringing a growler there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom