• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Emailed the Gov. again, and called to voice my opposition to HB1302 and requesting if presented to him - to veto it. Spoke with a nice young lady. Was only asked to provide my name and city. I'm sure she will be busy. Fred55

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    This is JUST what they want to hear.

NOT picking on you personally, but promising in the way getting beaten with a cat-o-nine-tails looks promising as compared to getting beaten with a piece of re-bar.

Fair point.

I'm always willing to listen to honest criticism.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    He's going to sign the bump stock bill though.

Oh, FFS.

“Mr. Gleeful Magic 8-Ball, please pick up the White Courtesy phone...”

Start collecting gun cases? At least soft cases.

This is crazy.

Exactly.

Our choice: start acquiring cases for significant $$.... or flood the Governor with messages for FREE.

I’ll take free any day, or join Patriot Picket RED FLAG demonstrations in Annapolis for a little gas money.

And consider this: I have just witnessed the House of Delgates sustain their vote to strip education construction authority from Gov. Hogan and the Board Of Public Works.

That is a HUGE slap in the face from the legislature. If Gov. Hogan was to send a signal BACK at the MGA, a RED FLAG veto is just the ticket.

We are in this to win it!

Attachments

• 1CDCFEA7-9480-41F3-A07B-5BA84650EC4F.jpg
      1CDCFEA7-9480-41F3-A07B-5BA84650EC4F.jpg
      85.8 KB · Views: 308
    • FD89732D-E4F9-4A69-BCC4-45781F25264D.jpg
      FD89732D-E4F9-4A69-BCC4-45781F25264D.jpg
      95.2 KB · Views: 294

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    This is JUST what they want to hear.

NOT picking on you personally, but promising in the way getting beaten with a cat-o-nine-tails looks promising as compared to getting beaten with a piece of re-bar.

Start by asking for more than you'd be content with;

My style of deal-making is quite simple and straightforward. I aim very high, and then I just keep pushing and pushing and pushing to get what I'm after. Sometimes I settle for less than I sought, but in most cases I still end up with what I want. __ DJT

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County

This is the only way to turn the increasingly awful situation around in my opinion. The 2A community in general needs to push for the repeal of long-accepted infringements and perhaps settle for no new infringements. The current approach seems only to result in the new infringements not being as bad as they otherwise would be, but they are infringements nonetheless.

This is no way is meant to imply that the tireless work of Rack and others is not appreciated. I have tremendous respect and gratitude for all they have done. Clearly we are in a better situation as a result of their dedication and commitment.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Contact the Governor’s Office
    Whether you’re a citizen of Maryland or just visiting our great state, your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Mail:
    100 State Circle
    Annapolis, Maryland
    21401-1925
    Phone:
    410-974-3901
    1-800-811-8336
    MD Relay 1-800-735-2258
    Email Governor Hogan (General Inquiries or Comments)
    http://governor.maryland.gov/mail/default.asp

Thanks, called and emailed.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016

Here’s the email I just sent to the Gov. please correct me if anything I stated was inaccurate.

Dear Governor Hogan,

I am writing from beautful Garrett County to request you veto HB 1302. This red flag bill, contains aggregious language that goes against our rights granted to us by the US Constitution. Not only can it be used to unfairly target anyone whom owns a gun, that someone disagrees with. The accuser faces little to no recourse if they are found to be caught being less than truthful.

The nature of this type of bill is to prevent those with mental health issues, that may be a threat to themselves or others, from temporarily being able to have a firearm legally in their possession But that is not how this bill is written.

As it stands, this bill is nothing short of a weapon to attack lawful gun owners. On top of being used to target certain a group of people (gun owners), it also begins to put limitations on free speech. A gun owner who would normally exercise their 1A rights to offer a dissenting opinion, would now have to live in fear of retribution for their words, or would be silenced completely because of this fear.

I am a father of two children, ages 11 and 8 and a husband of 14 years to my beautiful wife and it worries me, at how aggressively those in our legislature are working, to enact laws that clearly infringe on the rights of those they are supposed to represent.

Please veto this bill.

Sincerely,
    Jefflac
    Friendsville, MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    ok, thank you !

I tried the 410 number a bunch but it seemed to be getting over run, which seems to be a good thing unless they’ve taken it off the hook, so I figured I’d do the message. The toll free number went through on the first try, but to the message service.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I tried the 410 number a bunch but it seemed to be getting over run, which seems to be a good thing unless they’ve taken it off the hook, so I figured I’d do the message. The toll free number went through on the first try, but to the message service.

I got through on it and voiced my disdain. My wife even jumped on board and did the same.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Republican excuses trickling in via e-mail.

"Other states have adopted HB1302 style legislation. It's therefore acceptable for Maryland to adopt a Red Flag law too."

I didn't know Republicans were so fond of cliffs and playing leaping lemming.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md

"Other states have adopted HB1302 style legislation. It's therefore acceptable for Maryland to adopt a Red Flag law too."

Will you say who sent that email?

Absolutely disgusting. The (distant?) cousin to 'just following orders'. :mad54:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Will you say who sent that email?

Absolutely disgusting. The (distant?) cousin to 'just following orders'. :mad54:

I believe in keeping correspondence between me and my Critters between me and my Critters. The canned e-mail I received mimics much of what's been posted on here already. Which makes it worse. Cuzz it's not a one-off belief.

And, yes, it is disgusting. We're supposed to be sending free and independent thinkers to Annapolis. Group think is what the Left engages in.

And it's not a distant Just Following Orders. It is Just Following Orders. The "Guards..." are winning.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Tell them in an email that other states are tightening up petition processes to respond to dangerously mental ill people and are only catching up to Maryland’s long established “Health General Title 10” regs.

MD’s RED FLAG is designed to bully us from the public square and silence our political stances.

Also, targeting firearm owners for gun confiscation simply because they are oppositional or uncooperative in personal relationships violates civil rights.

We have a right to be eccentric or anti-social or yell “get off my lawn” without a SWAT response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom