• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    should be available- it's a 22.

It's nice. I could use another four inches on the handguard though. It would be nicer if they could up their compatibility with standard AR accessories....

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    They're available. I had one and sold it. Nice rifle, I was just a better shooter with my 10/22.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    I believe you need to be more picky with ammo for the performance model. While most 15-22's will shoot almost anything, the manual states certain ammo to not use in the performance model. I don't recall at the moment what type/brand it was.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Here is the warning in the manual and ammo recommendations.

Attachments

• manual.jpg
      manual.jpg
      102.6 KB · Views: 542
    • manual1.jpg
      manual1.jpg
      51.9 KB · Views: 529

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Please tell me it has an aluminum receiver. I want a 15/22 but I want it aluminum as Allah intended AR platform rifles to be. Even if it costs twice as much.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Pretty sure all the MP 15-22's are steel reinforced polymer upper and lower receivers. ;)

Tnt9506

Feb 27, 2016
    Poolesville
    Apr 7, 2016
    My 15-22 is the funniest rifle I have, it's cheap to shoot, accurate, I can get a 3 inch group at 75 yards...... You can't go wrong with it.... IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    My 15-22 is the funniest rifle I have, it's cheap to shoot, accurate, I can get a 3 inch group at 75 yards...... You can't go wrong with it.... IMO Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I would also add that it is a perfect way to introduce someone to the AR platform with minimal noise and recoil. I love mine.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    I've hit a 10"x18" steel plate at 300yd with the standard 15-22. No breeze and good ammo like CCI Standard and they shoot very well. With high velocity ammo groups tend to open up a bit.

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    I bought the Performance Center Model maybe 3 years ago from Atlantic Guns in Slver Spring. It was my second 15-22 as the first one I owned was the standard 15-22 model. I think it's a little more accurate than my standard model but not much more accurate.

On the fence if I would buy it again as I do not think it was a big accuracy improvement and I sold my standard model when I bought the PC model. That said I really like it and have no plans to sell it.

To clarify - I really like the 15-22 and would want to own at least one of them. Just hard to decide which model.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    The PC model is a little bit more accurate than the standard. But at best the 15-22 is about a 2 MOA rifle. I bought the PC model first when I lived in MD and later added a standard model. Did a few things we thought over on the 15-22 forum to increase the rigidity of the assembly. Tried it once instead of my custom Rem 597 in metallic silhouette but it was nowhere as accurate as the 597. However it is really a fun rifle and works well in speed competition.
    As for AR compatibility it is about as high as can be. If you want to change the handguard to a regular AR one you need to buy tool kit and barrel nut adapter from Tacticool22.com (and don't forget the aluminum vise jaws as you can't use the polymer upper receiver as a lockdown point to unscrew the barrel nut that also locks down the handguard).
    My 15-22s use either alloy Nordic AR-22 handguards or carbon fiber Taccom ones. I have used AP Custom CF AR handguards also.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Please tell me it has an aluminum receiver. I want a 15/22 but I want it aluminum as Allah intended AR platform rifles to be. Even if it costs twice as much.

They are polymer. You may want to just build a dedicated .22LR AR-15. I used the "better-mag adaptor" so that I could use S&W mags in my .22LR dedicated build. It works very well.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have a couple of the old quad rails from early models if you want them. Also have the special tools from Tacticool22 to take the factory barrel nut off (don't try to take it off with normal tools or let any GM take them off without them either). Too many on the S&W 15-22 forum found that out the hard way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom