• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just by way of reference, I recall back in the 1960s some character was taken in for questioning by the Secret Service for stating that he wanted to vomit on the president. (I think it was Johnson, but I don't recall exactly. Might have been an urban legend?)

All that aside, I'd certainly drop a dime on the guy, bearing in mind that he might find out who turned him in. But in MD there's protection in place for someone doing so - at least as regards being sued etc. If he subsequently threatens you, police report=G&S. Win win win.

How would he find out who turned him in? That info is not released to the accused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    How would he find out who turned him in? That info is not released to the accused

Well, maybe he might remember to whom he made the statement? Or at least one of the many people to whom he might have made the statement? How else could he have been turned in, in the first place?

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    The other day I was having a discussion with a liberal democrat about gun rights. He stated he would love to get close to the President and Governor Locked and Loaded. Would you consider his words a threat?

A lot of unknown variables here. How well do you know the guy? What was his demeanor when he said it? You should be able to tell how serious or not he was and answer your own question.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Tell that to the dude in Pasadena...

This was not smack talk. He showed up high and drunk at work, threatened people specifically by name, demonstrated signs of instability, had a death in the family, got fired. Among other things. There may be 142 cases of EPRO a month that may be wrongful... I highly doubt this is one. He sounds like he needs some help, rehab, possibly some anger management. Hope he gets some. And a shower and a haircut.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I guess more context is needed.

Is this someone you know and everyone else knows who constantly has issues like this or were you waiting for food at the Promenade grille in HdG and some random guy sat next to you on the bench waiting too, started political talk and he said that shit, got his order and left never to be seen again?

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    report it...

Why reinforce a culture of distrust and tattling on others? Does it really aid the long term survival of the first and second amendment? There are plenty of historical examples of societies that encouraged this behavior, none I can think of ended well.

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    He's NOT getting anywhere near the Commander-in-Chief with a gun. Even cops getting close to the President go through security and surrender their firearms.

The Governor is a whole 'nother story. I don't know how tight his security is...

I'd like to recommend that you just write it off to him being a posturing *******.... But if you think he is serious about creating a security incident, call the USSS and the MSP and report it. Them interviewing him will probably adjust his attitude.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Why reinforce a culture of distrust and tattling on others? Does it really aid the long term survival of the first and second amendment? There are plenty of historical examples of societies that encouraged this behavior, none I can think of ended well.

If it's true that a Conservative is a Liberal who has been mugged, it's probably also true that a Conservative would be a Liberal who has been Red Flagged.

Sometimes that's the only way one learns.

Really, though, "tattling"?

We're talking about serious verbal threats, many of which end up in the headlines, with dead and injured people as part of the result of not "tattling".

BW460

Mar 8, 2012
    When you make a threat against a random person, in order to be prosecuted, it has to be proven that you have the means and the intent to carry out your threat. The law is different for the president. Merely making any threat against the president is a felony, whether you have the means, or intent, to carry it out or not.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    This was not smack talk. He showed up high and drunk at work, threatened people specifically by name, demonstrated signs of instability, had a death in the family, got fired. Among other things. There may be 142 cases of EPRO a month that may be wrongful... I highly doubt this is one. He sounds like he needs some help, rehab, possibly some anger management. Hope he gets some. And a shower and a haircut.

Is this opinion based on media reports or were you there?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

THIS. I think Red Flag laws are bullsh*t but this guy made repeated threats on multiple occasions. Don’t feel bad for him at all.
    His dad’s firearms getting taken is BS

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom