• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    My condolences on the passing of your mother. Neat story about her being an EMT, she sounds like she was quite a character.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    My deepest sympathies for your loss Apple. Its a tough thing. I know. Lost mine on Mother's Day 10 years ago.

May she rest in peace, and may you find some.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I would like to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes... the water works had subsided for a while until I checked FB and this post...

A bit of irony... I had a brief chat with the funeral director this morning at the hospice. A retired state trooper who is very pro-2A, in favor of concealed carry for lawful citizens, and much to my surprise, knows people on this forum and is an occasional lurker. Mom was picked up in the same model Urban Assault Vehicle that she drove... only in black... Mom would have approved...

I'm richer for having met your mom; she was a gem. Hopefully, she was aware of the funeral director's background...what a great send off. As the song goes, she did it her way! Peace to you and yours, my friend.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    "God is good..."

It is with a very heavy heart that I report the passing of my Mom...

I'm not much on putting my business out on social media, but Mom was an outspoken advocate of the Second Amendment, an NRA member, and a staunch supporter of concealed carry. Some members of the forum had the pleasure of meeting Mom at a few of the HPRB meetings. It was there that she spoke those infamous words to a few members in attendance... "God is good..." (I won't elaborate other than to say... "you're welcome Mr. Chairman..."). Her views on an armed citizenry were such that she received a many of facepalm from the Pastor at the church that she spent time volunteering at as the church secretary and attended regularly. Mom was never one to mince words.

A little known fact about my Mom was that she was the first female Emergency Medical Technician certified in the State of Maryland. Although a news story was done many years ago on another person, there is a backstory to this. Mom was never much on being in the limelight, so, knowing the character of the other person, she never made a fuss about this inaccuracy and allowed the other to enjoy her unearned title.

On a final note... Among others, Mom got a chance to meet Lou45 at his shop. Let's just say that they were on the same page. I'm sure they'll spend some quality range time together.

She will be sorely missed by many...

My condolences on the passing of your Mom, may she rest in peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom