Browning T Bolt Maple Stock, Buy Now or Never?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I see that the Browning T Bolt Maple stock is no longer made, but they are still available. I wanted to put my money elsewhere some time later this year, but am now wondering if this would be the time to act on these. Anyone who owns one care to comment? Looks like 22LR, 22 mag, and 17 HMR versions are all available for now.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hmm - interesting reads on why maple is not used as much as walnut, citing that it's more difficult to work and has a tenancy to split; although with a rimfire, I doubt it will be stressed much. I like maple based solely on looks.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    I have been contemplating purchasing a Browning T Bolt in .22 LR for years now,
    This thread has me looking at them again. :D

3aremine

Nov 6, 2017
    I own Remington 541t and 541thb in maple. All I've done is watch them go up in value. Great shooters as well

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I see that the Browning T Bolt Maple stock is no longer made, but they are still available. I wanted to put my money elsewhere some time later this year, but am now wondering if this would be the time to act on these. Anyone who owns one care to comment? Looks like 22LR, 22 mag, and 17 HMR versions are all available for now.
    It's a sexy rifle. I won't repost my pics to taunt you.

I was considering getting a maple stocked BL-22 as well, as they are gorgeous and CDNN had a great sale on them a couple of years back. Just couldn't justify it with the walnut stocked BL-22 as that we already had and love.

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    Browning's website shows picture of most of the discontinued T-Bolts here:

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/rifles/t-bolt/discontinued.html

I bought a T-Bolt Stainless Varmint Special in 22 magnum a few years ago. It's even rarer than the maple stocked ones because they made a single run for the SHOT show and it was never a regular catalog offering. To me the stock is a very well designed laminated version. Paid almost $800 for it. Never fired and I would sell it for $700 today. I realize at almost 60 years of age that I do not have time to shoot everything I bought over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom