• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    Salesforce a major player in on-line marketing and sales has released a policy that it will prohibit the use of its software/services for the sales of automatic and semi-automatic firearms and associated accessories.

The policy, first announced in early April was featured in a recent Washington Post story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/05/30/tech-giant-brings-software-gun-fight/?utm_term=.f4444e0fe15f

Salesforce software is used by more than 150,000 retailers and other companies to interact and track customer purchases, support, etc.
    Salesforce's CEO is Marc Benioff, a social justice 'warrior' who supports gun control and has tweeted "The AR-15 is the most popular rifle in America. Ban it".

The new restrictions in Salesforce's policy can be read below:

Worldwide, customers may not use a Service to transact online sales of any of the following firearms and/or related accessories to private citizens. Firearms: automatic firearms; semi-automatic firearms that have the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any of the following: thumbhole stock, folding or telescoping stock, grenade launcher or flare launcher, flash or sound suppressor, forward pistol grip, pistol grip (in the case of a rifle) or second pistol grip (in the case of a pistol), barrel shroud; semi-automatic firearms with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds; ghost guns; 3D printed guns; firearms without serial numbers; .50 BMG rifles; firearms that use .50 BMG ammunition. Firearm Parts: magazines capable of accepting more than 10 rounds; flash or sound suppressors; multi-burst trigger devices; grenade or rocket launchers; 80% or unfinished lower receivers; blueprints for ghost guns; blueprints for 3D printed guns; barrel shrouds; thumbhole stocks; threaded barrels capable of accepting a flash suppressor or sound suppressor.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Salesforce is the most convoluted piece of crap software I've ever been forced by an employer to use. Seriously. It can make a laptop running an i7 processor, (decent) NVIDIA graphics card and 16GB of RAM run like it's on a fvcking dial-up connection. Ban it.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    good for him, someone who puts his money where his mouth is. but pretty misguided to exclude companies that make products supported by the 2nd amendment.

r100rsman

Mar 9, 2017
    Olney
    If Salesforce had real balls they would tell Walmart they terminating their contract. But they won't because Walmart spends too much.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I've got a client that's (in terms of company culture) pretty pro-2A. They're not directly in a line of work that would run afoul of SF's new SJW rules, but they are in an industry FULL of people that are. And ... they're right in the middle of a very big, very expensive integration with SF. This will not go over well. I hope they light up their SF rep and make his life miserable over this.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    good for him, someone who puts his money where his mouth is. but pretty misguided to exclude companies that make products supported by the 2nd amendment.

Since when is a publicly traded company's assets the CEO's money, except for his personal investments if any?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yessir

Salesforce is the most convoluted piece of crap software I've ever been forced by an employer to use. Seriously. It can make a laptop running an i7 processor, (decent) NVIDIA graphics card and 16GB of RAM run like it's on a fvcking dial-up connection. Ban it.

agree 100% POS software and I do not mean point of sale :)

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Good thing that they will not allow any transactions involving .50 BMG guns or ammo. You know how many crimes have been committed using them. :sad20:

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    How does this affect us? Other then exposing another communist company.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    How does this affect us? Other then exposing another communist company.

It’s an indication of the willingness of some of the biggest gears in the engine of our economy being willing to use their leverage to act out their hatred of you. It’s an important thing to understand when we have an historically vital election looming.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yup

It’s an indication of the willingness of some of the biggest gears in the engine of our economy being willing to use their leverage to act out their hatred of you. It’s an important thing to understand when we have an historically vital election looming.

he's right, you know :)

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Hmmm, I don't know. Whenever I see someone afraid of a barrel shroud I can't help but think "this is someone who knows what they're taking about. "

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Better software out there yeah you have to cobble this together with that but maybe the "online" collaboration I can see being useful. Again SF biggest schtick is everything in one spot and as others have said this software is trash in performance after about 30 minutes of use sort of like Deltek and costpoint.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    the company I work for uses SF and it is literally the biggest POS I have ever dealt with, the sad part is, we don't even use it for its intended purpose, so we have to finagle everything we do to fit in the parameters of the software

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    If SF is publicly traded, it has stockholders. If it has stockholders, there is a stockholders meeting. Which is a dandy place for said stockholders to RAISE HELL. State flavor WWNC shirts, perhaps?

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Does this policy run afoul of and state level laws of the companies they do business with?

Does this policy influence SF’s ability to bid on US Government contracts?

Could a California paper company refuse to sell paper to a pro <insert favored right> newspaper in Missouri? Commerce clause?

SF is delivering services across state lines.

Just some thoughts

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I've been wondering why nobody sues these CEOs for willfully violating their fiduciary duty.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Does this policy run afoul of and state level laws of the companies they do business with?

Does this policy influence SF’s ability to bid on US Government contracts?

Could a California paper company refuse to sell paper to a pro <insert favored right> newspaper in Missouri? Commerce clause?

SF is delivering services across state lines.

Just some thoughts

The answer is probably "no" to all the above. It's a contractual issue between parties, unless the terms of the contract discriminate based on a legally protected class like religion, gender, ethnicity, disability, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom