Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Neighborhood > Delaware
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 3rd, 2019, 07:51 AM #41

“NO LOADED FIREARMS” as per Lloyd’s of London the insurance carrier.
I’d rather have a firearms store that is open and doing business than offending a customer because did not the the store rules.
mako263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 07:58 AM #42

Lighthouse Guns & Gear

Lighthouse Guns & GEAR has a NO LOADED GUNS policy as per our insurance company coverage. I would rather keep my shop open than worry about hurting a customers feelings. If you cannot follow the shop policy and rules you are welcome to shop elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
I found myself in Ocean City last week and took a ride up to this store to purchase some standard cap mags. Parked the bike, walked up to the door where I was greeted by a large "No Loaded Firearms" sign.

Since the Sig on my hip wasn't welcome I turned on my heels and left. I would have liked to give my business to a mom and pop guy but Cabelas will get a several hundred dollar purchase instead of this jack wagon.

When he had the store in Elkridge it was actually the closest LGS to me but after having a completely terrible experience in there the one time I darkened the door I drove past him every time to do business with 2A Sales in Jessup.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 08:02 AM #43

Lighthouse Guns & Gear

Have been an FFL since 1980 in Maryland. Formally Accurate Pawn in Elkridge, MD. Lighthouse has been open for 5 years in Selbyville, DE on Rt. 54 and West Line Rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcoachdoug View Post
If I remember right the guy who owns lighthouse is the same guy who closed his shop was the same guy who own one in Elkridge as well.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 02:15 PM #44
Get crackin you muggs!!!!

Get crackin you muggs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako263 View Post
“NO LOADED FIREARMS” as per Lloyd’s of London the insurance carrier.
I’d rather have a firearms store that is open and doing business than offending a customer because did not the the store rules.
Quote:
Lighthouse Guns & GEAR has a NO LOADED GUNS policy as per our insurance company coverage. I would rather keep my shop open than worry about hurting a customers feelings. If you cannot follow the shop policy and rules you are welcome to shop elsewhere.
Quote:
Have been an FFL since 1980 in Maryland. Formally Accurate Pawn in Elkridge, MD. Lighthouse has been open for 5 years in Selbyville, DE on Rt. 54 and West Line Rd
Nice to hear your side of the story at least.

The only "bad experience" I had with the store was one weekend me and the father-in-law decided to drop by but they were closed due to being at a show. Not really their fault, I probably should have checked the website, it most likely would have told me.
The man could have spent his life performing good deeds such as "helping old ladies across the street", "raising funds for Africa" or "volunteering in the library". Instead the man extorted money and hurt people and when he "finally he opened the wrong door", what came out at him was his problem, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycosteve View Post
To say I was a man whore was an understatement. If I never get another piece, it won't owe me anything.
km04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 07:49 PM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavLax View Post
Delaware Law Enforcement Supply
31005 Iron Branch Rd (79.37 mi)
Dagsboro, Delaware 19939

Owner is Stuart very knowledgable
Agreed, I have always found the owner very helpful. He has gone out of his way to help me out numerous times.
tom b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2019, 11:45 PM #46
TV Personality

TV Personality

Quote:
Done and done. And when you piss off enough customers you will have no business.

Accurate Pawn was actually the closest shop to the Stove Palace for many years. I was in there exactly ONE time years ago with one of my employees who was looking for a M&P9 and I didn't think it was possible to be treated any ruder than we were that day, Gus was a complete and total jackass.

Never again, I drove right past that shop many times and have spent a metric ass load of money at 2A Sales in Jessup, a shop that has NO PROBLEM welcoming me and my LOADED FIREARM when making a purchase and actually act like they are happy to see me and glad to make a sale.

I guess you all changed insurers when you moved to Delaware because that sign wasn't on the door of the Elkridge location.

Like I'm going to take off my gun to shop in a gun store....geddafugoudahere
Old June 5th, 2019, 12:04 AM #47
TV Personality

TV Personality

And what kind of goofball insurance company would give you lower premiums if you put up a sign that keeps a portion of your clientele from ACTUALLY DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU?

Oh, that's right, a British company.

And yet gun shops all over these 57 United States do business every day without a "No Loaded Firearms" sign and actually welcome law abiding gun owners, how can this be?

Home Page > Forum List > The Neighborhood > Delaware