Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2018, 07:40 AM #1
hi3cho hi3cho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Edgemere
Posts: 1,131
hi3cho hi3cho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Edgemere
Posts: 1,131
CMP 1911's

I am not on the CMP Forums, what is the status of the CMP 1911's, has anyone heard of the prices they will be asking?
__________________
MD Designated Collector
MD HQL
Utah & NH Non-Resident CCW
FFL 03
NRA
hi3cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2018, 08:17 AM #2
Mightydog's Avatar
Mightydog Mightydog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Somewhere West of Frederick
Posts: 4,912
Mightydog Mightydog is offline
Senior Member
Mightydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Somewhere West of Frederick
Posts: 4,912
Go to the CMP website under sales. Select 1911s and you will see a link for updates to be emailed. I havenít had any updates either.
Attached Images
 
Mightydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2018, 08:51 AM #3
hi3cho hi3cho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Edgemere
Posts: 1,131
hi3cho hi3cho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Edgemere
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightydog View Post
Go to the CMP website under sales. Select 1911s and you will see a link for updates to be emailed. I havenít had any updates either.
I saw that update a few months ago. I was wondering if anyone had heard any rumblings or rumors of price or timeline. I know the CMP forums usually have some good information but I am not on there and I believe some of the members here are.
__________________
MD Designated Collector
MD HQL
Utah & NH Non-Resident CCW
FFL 03
NRA
hi3cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2018, 12:33 PM #4
Clifjr Clifjr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Germantown
Posts: 700
Clifjr Clifjr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Germantown
Posts: 700
Just glancing thru the CMP forum, I see nothing new about the 1911’s. The sticky post in the ask CMP thread hasn’t had a new post since January.
Clifjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 12:21 PM #5
Rob1035 Rob1035 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 181
Rob1035 Rob1035 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 181
I saw a while ago that they were selling 1911 magazines, but those have been absent from the CMP store for a while now. I wonder if they pulled them until they have the 1911s ready to go?
Rob1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 03:06 PM #6
mcbruzdzinski's Avatar
mcbruzdzinski mcbruzdzinski is offline

NRA Training Counselor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Catonsville MD
Posts: 5,492
Images: 2
Send a message via Yahoo to mcbruzdzinski
mcbruzdzinski mcbruzdzinski is offline

NRA Training Counselor
mcbruzdzinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Catonsville MD
Posts: 5,492
Images: 2
Send a message via Yahoo to mcbruzdzinski
At the 2018 NRA Annual Meeting there was a session on CMP. Part if it was a discussion of the 1911 distribution. According to the speaker, the early models (WWI/II vintage) will go to auction. The remaining are mostly 1970-1980 models that have been refurbished by the U.S. Army Anniston Depot. The pictures of the 1911A1s appeared to be in excellent condition. Most of the ones he saw were Ithaca. CMP will be accepting requests for the lottery in June or July (I forgot the date) for 8000 (legislation stated this was the minimum amount to be released for this year). The big fear is that if a Democratic majority wins in Congress, the current legislation can be amended and rather than ordering the release of the surplus 1911s, any new legislation will require that they be destroyed. Alternatively, new legislation could order the U.S. Army to release all of the remaining 1911 surplus to CMP or throttle it like this year.
__________________
Michael Bruzdzinski
NRA Appointed Training Counselor
(Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PITH/PPOTH, RSO/CRSO, Refuse To Be A Victim, Home Firearm Safety)
Maryland State Police Certified Handgun Instructor/MSP HQL Instructor
UTAH Certified Concealed Firearm Instructor
Sabre CSAP/Pepper Spray Instructor
Maryland Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Fingerprint Certified


www.monumental.org
www.msrpa.org

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.

mcbruzdzinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 03:22 PM #7
kyserthehun's Avatar
kyserthehun kyserthehun is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 60
kyserthehun kyserthehun is offline
Junior Member
kyserthehun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbruzdzinski View Post
mostly 1970-1980 models that have been refurbished by the U.S. Army Anniston Depot
Ehh, I just lost a lot of enthusiasm.
kyserthehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 05:26 PM #8
dist1646 dist1646 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Eldersburg
Posts: 5,629
dist1646 dist1646 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Eldersburg
Posts: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbruzdzinski View Post
At the 2018 NRA Annual Meeting there was a session on CMP. Part if it was a discussion of the 1911 distribution. According to the speaker, the early models (WWI/II vintage) will go to auction. The remaining are mostly 1970-1980 models that have been refurbished by the U.S. Army Anniston Depot. The pictures of the 1911A1s appeared to be in excellent condition. Most of the ones he saw were Ithaca. CMP will be accepting requests for the lottery in June or July (I forgot the date) for 8000 (legislation stated this was the minimum amount to be released for this year). The big fear is that if a Democratic majority wins in Congress, the current legislation can be amended and rather than ordering the release of the surplus 1911s, any new legislation will require that they be destroyed. Alternatively, new legislation could order the U.S. Army to release all of the remaining 1911 surplus to CMP or throttle it like this year.
Considering that no major purchases of 1911's were made subsequent to WWII and that most have been rebuilt at some time, I have to wonder if the speaker had his facts straight. I would not hold my breath waiting for any kind of really good deals to be had from CMP. Still, one can hope for dreams to come true!
dist1646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 06:04 PM #9
somd_mustangs's Avatar
somd_mustangs somd_mustangs is offline
-----
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,817
somd_mustangs somd_mustangs is offline
-----
somd_mustangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,817
Yeah, I would think he meant refurbished in the 1970's and 1980's using the frames from military procurement of WW2 and earlier, maybe with later slides & parts?
The chances of there being any all-correct guns are pretty slim. The chances they'll go to the general lottery vice auction are non-existent.
somd_mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 06:48 PM #10
Mike OTDP's Avatar
Mike OTDP Mike OTDP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,096
Mike OTDP Mike OTDP is offline
Senior Member
Mike OTDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by dist1646 View Post
Considering that no major purchases of 1911's were made subsequent to WWII and that most have been rebuilt at some time, I have to wonder if the speaker had his facts straight. I would not hold my breath waiting for any kind of really good deals to be had from CMP.
Really good, no. Comparable to a CMP Garand, priced about 10% below gun show prices? Quite possible.
__________________
Support the U.S. International Muzzle-Loading Team! Learn more at www.usimlt.com
Mike OTDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2018, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service