Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Notices

Old June 13th, 2018, 11:45 AM #21

that's because us peasants have to work and have families to take care of. also not everyone has the luxury of being retired. plus I don't see the point of protesting. its stupid and pointless. I have better things to do with my time. so while your standing out there looking stupid im sitting at home laughing at everyone or going to the shooting range. that's how it is.
sports89man7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 12:10 PM #22

Big difference between a rant and a lecture.....
Proud Patriot Guard Rider
Charter Member, JPFO
Occasional Asshole
Docster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 12:12 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports89man7 View Post
that's because us peasants have to work and have families to take care of. also not everyone has the luxury of being retired. plus I don't see the point of protesting. its stupid and pointless. I have better things to do with my time. so while your standing out there looking stupid im sitting at home laughing at everyone or going to the shooting range. that's how it is.

While enjoying lunch with my other patriots yesterday, we discussed how many here are keyboard commandos who don’t think there is a point to do what so few do here. My view is that if there is no one willing to fight the fight there will soon be no fight. Those trips to the range won’t be there and then the only ones laughing will be the antis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Magnumst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 12:12 PM #24
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports89man7 View Post
I wonder if you'll still be laughing when you don't get to have any more guns to take to the range. Because that'll be how it is.
Occam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 12:24 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam View Post
I wonder if you'll still be laughing when you don't get to have any more guns to take to the range. Because that'll be how it is.

Agreed, I would also expect more respect and appreciation from members here toward those that are on the front lines fighting for the rights that others here enjoy, even if they are unable to volunteer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Magnumst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 12:25 PM #26
Extinguished member

Extinguished member

The ones who do are appreciated for what they do.

The ones who don’t are highly unlikely to react well to guilt trips or name calling OR ARM TWISTING.

If that’s what passes for recruitment, you might want to reconsider. How you build your team has a lot to do with team culture and commitment going forward.

Leadership by example is your best bet imo. YMMV.

The more folks I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Those who would give up their freedom for security will end up with neither...
Nnztg8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 12:30 PM #27
aka R56 Ed

aka R56 Ed

I understand the OP's frustration. Back when I was more physically able to march and stand around, I felt much the same way about the lack of participation by the overwhelming majority of not just gun owners, but the active keyboard commandos here. Lots of blame/excuses to go around, and I am currently as guilty as anybody for not being on the bricks.

The real issue is how to positively motivate more folks to join in the fun, and exploring that process might be the more effective way to get more boots on the ground. And while I understand the frustration and anger in the OP, and I have tremendous respect and admiration for all the folks who join the PP and testify in naptown, the tone in the OP just puts me off. And I'm a supporter.

I don't have the answer, and I sure wish I did. Lots of respect and thanks to everyone who has taken a stand for our rights, and those who continue to do so. Everybody can do something. The trick is to actually do it, instead of talk about it.
Old June 13th, 2018, 12:42 PM #28
Extinguished member

Extinguished member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
I understand the OP's frustration. Back when I was more physically able to march and stand around, I felt much the same way about the lack of participation by the overwhelming majority of not just gun owners, but the active keyboard commandos here. Lots of blame/excuses to go around, and I am currently as guilty as anybody for not being on the bricks.

The real issue is how to positively motivate more folks to join in the fun, and exploring that process might be the more effective way to get more boots on the ground. And while I understand the frustration and anger in the OP, and I have tremendous respect and admiration for all the folks who join the PP and testify in naptown, the tone in the OP just puts me off. And I'm a supporter.

I don't have the answer, and I sure wish I did. Lots of respect and thanks to everyone who has taken a stand for our rights, and those who continue to do so. Everybody can do something. The trick is to actually do it, instead of talk about it.
Spot on sir.

The more folks I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Those who would give up their freedom for security will end up with neither...
Nnztg8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 12:44 PM #29

I was not going to comment and maybe i should not . But i am compelled to do so . The PP do some fine work and give up so much free time in planning and action . I am grateful to the persons that are doing the leg work , i was one of them and wanted to do so much more .

I find it ironic when we need members to stand up , we ask some members to stand down .

I care about our rights and will continue to in my own way to fight for my rights and others , We have to come together and find another way to make a connection with brotherhood or sisterhood . I can tell you i had fun and felt like we were doing some good , i enjoyed the other PP members .

I get what the OP is saying and agree we all need to do more , but how do we do that ?? I know we will never reach one more person by putting others down , name calling , heel biting .

I care about MDS and it's members maybe a little more then i should having got my ass handed to me a couple times . There is way more good here then bad but the bad is real bad . I will go back in my corner and sorry in advance for my post .
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 12:46 PM #30
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikebreath View Post
We missed you. Sounds like your day sucked. Here are some of my quotes in this thread.

I expect a doctors note on my desk first period, or we take a trip to the principals office!
Thanks - missed you guys too. I HATE fscking honeysuckle. It has the same effect as tear gas on me, but longer lasting.

Clint Eastwood: “I tried being reasonable, I didn’t like it”
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues