Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old October 11th, 2018, 09:57 AM #931
Wish I lived in America

Wish I lived in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abulg1972 View Post
Iíll bet youíre right
I'm wondering if the after market adjustment AR screw (replaces grip mount screw) that's advertised here would fit the definition. It shortens trigger pull, therefore .... a ten dollar perm ban on firearm ownership.

If it pleases the crown, may I buy and install a hollow hex head bolt on my rifle?
Maryland Wear and Carry
Jake4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 10:27 AM #932

The problem with SB 707 is just about any gun modification can be construed as a method to increase the trigger rate of fire. It is purposely vague and invites abuse by prosecutors that will ask if you have made any modification at all to your gun.

Do not think this law won't affect every case that a gun is found during an investigation. Heck, I'm pretty sure the Hogue grips on my S&W Model 64 revolver qualify for inclusion under this poorly written law.
cantstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 01:13 PM #933
Huckleberry Dillinger

Huckleberry Dillinger

Since this law is arbitrary at best, would a trigger pull gauge be used to determine some "factory" setting and anything less than that would constitute a violation of the law? What mechanism could they use to determine if I am compliant? What happens to the firearms who were built as a target grade firearm and not to some standard the government would decide? If you are 1302'd, I would bet that ALL of your firearms will be tested to be in compliance of this law too. That would open up a completely different can of worms. What will "trigger" (sorry) a test of your firearm? Will the DNR be checking your firearms when in the field? How far can this law infringe on your personal rights?

I know I'm preaching to the choir but this is the state of Maryland, how far do you think they can and will take this?

The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.
j_h_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 01:13 PM #934

This is Maryland, not the United States.

In Maryland, we have a Democrat supermajority in the legislature, and a population that overwhelmingly supports this. By the same margin, the voters have been trained to fear firearms, and to support absurd laws restricting their possession and use.

State's Attorneys are politicians. They are able to understand voter demographics, and certainly play to their base.

Anyone who trusts a prosecutor to make a decision on a 2A case of any stripe, where the choice to prosecute could be spun to make said prosecutor appear "soft on guns", to opt against prosecution, is dreaming of dancing with unicorns, especially in the ultra-leftist central core of the state.

If you can be made to look bad, while the SA's office carves another notch into his "vote for me because I stomped a gun nut" resume, count on your being thrown under the campaign bus.

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."
Bob A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 01:30 PM #935
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
This is Maryland, not the United States.

In Maryland, we have a Democrat supermajority in the legislature, and a population that overwhelmingly supports this. By the same margin, the voters have been trained to fear firearms, and to support absurd laws restricting their possession and use.

State's Attorneys are politicians. They are able to understand voter demographics, and certainly play to their base.

Anyone who trusts a prosecutor to make a decision on a 2A case of any stripe, where the choice to prosecute could be spun to make said prosecutor appear "soft on guns", to opt against prosecution, is dreaming of dancing with unicorns, especially in the ultra-leftist central core of the state.

If you can be made to look bad, while the SA's office carves another notch into his "vote for me because I stomped a gun nut" resume, count on your being thrown under the campaign bus.
You forgot to include the fact that our current AG is rogue, anti-gun and completely unaccountable outside election years.

Clint Eastwood: ďI tried being reasonable, I didnít like itĒ
Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 02:36 PM #936

Vermontís Voluntary Amnesty Yields Just Two Bump Stocks
Decoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 02:47 PM #937
Huckleberry Dillinger

Huckleberry Dillinger

I told ya, those things were only bought by the fringe. There's probably only about 50-75 of them in the entire United States.

The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.
Old October 11th, 2018, 02:53 PM #938

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
I told ya, those things were only bought by the fringe. There's probably only about 50-75 of them in the entire United States.
I cannot wait for the inevitable FOIA for the number of signed permissions slips requested of the ATF.
Rab1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 03:17 PM #939
Huckleberry Dillinger

Huckleberry Dillinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab1515 View Post
I cannot wait for the inevitable FOIA for the number of signed permissions slips requested of the ATF.
I don't own a bump stock, but I do own gun oil and shoe strings. That's why I sent my letter. I was fortunate, I sold mine after the wave calling for their immediate banning. I forgot what I got for it, but I believe it was something like $450.

I also mentioned gun oil and shoe strings in my cover letter and email.

I would also caution those who have paracord. This could also be construed as a device if attached to a firearm in a certain manner.

Old October 11th, 2018, 03:22 PM #940
Huckleberry Dillinger

Huckleberry Dillinger

Serious question.

Since the law went into place on October 1st, the ATF application is to cover certain items, but are other "devices" considered illegal NOW? Since most consider a bump stock and some types of trigger assembles to be the driving force for the ATF letter, what about other devices? Are we in violation of this law, if we have a certain spring(s) installed into our firearms? I mean right now, not after Oct 1, 2019?

Do we actually have a 1 year grace period on these "devices"?

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Tags
sb707, trigger activator