• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I was in the local Dicks last night picking up some last minute gifts and something caught my eye. A factory tan Savage MK II TR. THe only downside is it didn't have a threaded barrel or it would have come home with me. Does anyone know if the MKII can be had in tan with a threaded barrel? I've seen the black one from time to time in some of the IP shops. I've searched the net and couldn't find this combo listed anywhere.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I painted my threaded savage MKII stock with desert tan and sprayed digital patterns. It looks good. These "tactical" MKII are nice.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    MKII Threaded Digicamo

Here is the MKII threaded with a weaver 4x. Stock is fitted with Kydex. Harris bipod. This one is a fun one to walk around in the woods with. It's extremely light since the barrel is short. Funny thing is that the accutrigger on this one isn't as crisp as my MKII BV (no creep at all). I must have gotten a good BV because I went back to couple shops to pull the triggers on other accu-triggers and it isn't as nice as other MKII. But this threaded one still has a nice trigger pull. For having a short barrel, it is still accurate at 100yds...guess I'll have to go shooting tomorrow morning since I have it out.

Attachments

• IMG_7015.jpg
      IMG_7015.jpg
      64.5 KB · Views: 485

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Yes, thats how Dick's has them. They come with a cheap Chinese scope and mounts, not the one I have on it. Got it at the Dick's in Westminster a couple months ago.
    DSCN0779.jpg

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    The one I saw was just tan. It had scope mounts on it, but no scope. If it was threaded I would have snatched it. I was shocked to to see a somewhat "tactical" rifle at a big box store. How does yours shoot?

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Top target first group at 25yds, 2nd 50 shots at 50 yds.

Attachments

• DSCN0791.jpg
      DSCN0791.jpg
      48.8 KB · Views: 281
    • DSCN0790.jpg
      DSCN0790.jpg
      43.5 KB · Views: 299

gwhunter350

Gen 4 Glock 22
    Oct 18, 2009
    MD/DE
    Augie what scope are you using and what ammo are you running? I have the 93r17 w/ thumbhole stock and its a tack driver as well. Not a fan of my tasco varmint scope though. Im using the federal ballistic tips from walmart

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I've been messing with ammo to see what the gun likes, If I remember right those groups were with the cheap Winchester 333 bulk pack or the Federal gold match. I just picked up some Wolf match to try.
    The scope is a Konus M30 Tactical 6.5-25, bought it for a 308 and the first one I got the windage knob was real mushy, sent it back to Konus and they replaced it with a newer model with much better feel to the adjustments. The glass is not bad,pretty sharp and clear, it's not to bad for a relatively cheap scope. Not as good as the Bushnell Elite Tactical I ended up putting on the 308 but I am pretty happy with it on the 22.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I just realized that my rifle is not the TR but another model. FV-SR or some thing of that matter. Anyway, I took it out yesterday put about 50rds thru it at about 50yds. If I recall, because the barrel is shorter, I think it doesn't perform as well at 100yds compared to my BV. But then again in thick woods, the shorter one is easier to handle and I won't need to shoot beyond 50-75yds with precise accuracy.

I may have to sell my 93R17 and buy one of those...as I don't shoot my 17hmr as much.
    Thanks for the info fellas and Happy NewYear!

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    my savage TR really likes the wolf match ammo. I've settled (cheaper ammo) and am currently running Federal HV match ammo through mine. Grafs has this ammo for $4.29 per 50 if I am remembering correctly. The wolf ammunition gave me a group about the size of a thumb tack at fifty yards, but is only running around 1080 fps. The federal is a little less accurate, but hits the 1200 fps mark and lets me play around at some longer distances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom