• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Thats real nice............damn should have gotten that C&R license.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I regret selling my T53 carbine. Now these come up when I don't have cash. Damnit Jim, I'm a broke parent, not a Rockafeller.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I regret selling my T53 carbine. Now these come up when I don't have cash. Damnit Jim, I'm a broke parent, not a Rockafeller.
    This, I can relate to; being a parent definitely can tighten up the wallet from time-to-time. I was fortunate to pick up a '53, T53 from another member not too long ago. Rough stock but solid and a good shooter :thumbsup:

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    You scored big for $150!! Nice early 1943 M44! They only made around 50,000 in 1943 for an initial "trials" or early production run before they were officially adopted in 1944

This production number is often disputed and for good reason, way too many 1943s have shown up in this country for that number to be accurate, unless there were none lost during the war and all of the production run was shipped to the U.S. That said, 1943 is still a good year to find and a lot of people prefer the wartime dates.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Thanks guys, good info. Psoyring , you think they made more in 1943 than the 50,000 reported on some sites or that some are faked? How did that 50k number come about? Anyone know?

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Too hard to fake, I think the production number was higher than 50K, this is discussed on Gunboards from time to time, reliable numbers on former USSR production are often not possible to get, and I really don't know who or how the 50K figure comes from.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Just pulled this out of the box. Cell pics will have to do. I didn't do HP. Wanted to keep it at the sale price.

For the price I think it looks great. I was expecting worse. I don't know much about them so if anyone has good info please post. I will be looking at the usual sites.

How did you get it for $150? I only see ones priced at $179.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    "Say it like a Russian!! "MOseen NAgon" "

Actually, the Russians tend to only call the rifles Mosins, and that name is often used generically to refer to any type of rifle (like "Scotch Tape"). The Russians tend to deny that Nagant had much of anything to do with the famed rifle, and say that he was only included as part of the design through corruption and bribery.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County

Actually, the Russians tend to only call the rifles Mosins, and that name is often used generically to refer to any type of rifle (like "Scotch Tape"). The Russians tend to deny that Nagant had much of anything to do with the famed rifle, and say that he was only included as part of the design through corruption and bribery.
    Yeah, I am familiar with the history behind the name; that is why whenever I talk about Mosins, well, I call them Mosins ;)

However, I was talking to a gentleman who is Russian, we talked about MOseen NAgons lol, and it stuck with me.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

Yeah, I am familiar with the history behind the name; that is why whenever I talk about Mosins, well, I call them Mosins ;)

However, I was talking to a gentleman who is Russian, we talked about MOseen NAgons lol, and it stuck with me.

Yep ... interesting that your Russian friend says that, though. My Russian friends are pretty contemptuous about Nagant's name being mentioned, and make a point NOT to mention him when referring to rifles.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Yep ... interesting that your Russian friend says that, though. My Russian friends are pretty contemptuous about Nagant's name being mentioned, and make a point NOT to mention him when referring to rifles.
    Maybe my friend was being of good spirit that day; I tell you what, to respect our comrades in the world and because you've got a genuine point, I'll drop "NAgon"; "MOseen" is effective enough!

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Maybe my friend was being of good spirit that day; I tell you what, to respect our comrades in the world and because you've got a genuine point, I'll drop "NAgon"; "MOseen" is effective enough!

I just do it the easy way and call it "glorious rifle for defensing of motherland".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom