• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Thanks. I'm a big fan of the Wylde chamber. All four of my uppers have them. 2 Criterion barrels and 2 White Oak barrels.

This is my first 'light weight' AR. The rest all have 20"-24" heavy barrels and are used for target or varmint shooting.

With the monolithic upper and 16" hybrid contour barrel, this gun is a lot lighter than my others.

Larry

How light is "light"? I have one more upper to build and wanted to do something a bit different. I have two "heavy" ARs, and my 3rd is very light, right around 5.5 (core 15). Also what makes it so light outside of the barrel? Is the upper receiver lighter, does it have a low profile gas block? I just don't understand these things yet.... :rolleyes:

K3LAG

How light is "light"? I have one more upper to build and wanted to do something a bit different. I have two "heavy" ARs, and my 3rd is very light, right around 5.5 (core 15). Also what makes it so light outside of the barrel? Is the upper receiver lighter, does it have a low profile gas block? I just don't understand these things yet.... :rolleyes:

I haven't weighed the complete gun, but it is much lighter than my other 2 AR's. Of course my other 3 are quite heavy. The complete monolithic upper receiver only weights 24 oz. That is a fair bit less than separate receiver, float tube, and rails would weigh. The barrel is only 2 lbs, so while a pencil barrel would probably be just little lighter this one is a lot lighter than all my others since they are all 4-8 inches longer and bull barrels.

The EOTech is right at 12 oz. so it adds some weight as well, but less than a good scope would.

I would guess the entire gun with optics is conservatively about 8 lbs.

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    Hey, congrats on the new build. Also, did your grip have sharp corners near the trigger guard? I had to remove some material; every time I shot my middle finger would have a big dent in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom