• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Took my mkII and sparrow out Sunday. What a great little rifle. I always have fun with this rifle. It is so accurate. Keeps me challenging myself.

After punching some paper I set my stand at 35yds and lined up spent 12ga shells across the top. Those were easy. Then some steel from the sks went up. No problem. 45 acp, harder but only missed one or two out of 10 or so.

Hmmm, what about these .22lr cases? I was able to hit 3 out of five on the first run. Then I think the caffeine hit. The scope was moving more than the normal and I hit the stand knocking them off. Lol. So fun!!

ofofhy

Jan 27, 2013
    Balto City
    I have been looking at getting a MKII FVT, which has the peep sight installed. I have heard nothing but good things about Savage .22LR target rifles. I have held off buying it so that I could get my last pre 01 OCT purchase in my budget. But, stuff like this is what I am looking forward to doing with it.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Depending on what you look at spending for the fvt check out the kimber 82g. FVT is. Great budget shooter but ths stock not the best.

ofofhy

Jan 27, 2013
    Balto City
    Depending on what you look at spending for the fvt check out the kimber 82g. FVT is. Great budget shooter but ths stock not the best.

Yeah, the stock does not appear to be a "target stock." The cheek rest is very low. For what I might spend on an adjustable cheek rest add-on, it might be worth it to go Kimber or CZ.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I bought a a Mossberg 43b. 200 dollars, incredibly accurate and sized for adults. There is also the mod44 US, almost the same rifle, but made cheaper and go for about 600

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom