• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lim144

Jan 3, 2014
    Fedarm is getting 10+ million primers from Russia in Jan. Will sell as Fort Smith. More than half of those were bulk sold at 250k blocks already. Some should filter into online sales. Haters Gunsmithing in Hagerstown has some here and there but has 200 limit.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    And when .22lr was less than $1.00 , people also made less than $3.00 / hr , gas was $0.30 / gallon, etc .

I remember buying them for just over 50 cents per box when I was 8 years old with a note from my parents 410s were about a 1.50 per box. I had an over an under 22/410. Whish those days were back.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    Remember the clinton primer scare/shortage in the early nineties, when it was rumored new primers were going to have a shelf life of six months? Back then I found Winchester srp's at a gun show that a dealer had bought from another dealer at the show and marked up from $16 to $19 with a sharpie. I was happy to buy the 3 or 4 k that he had.
    After the shortages of ammo and components from the Kenyan's election, the Sandy Hook aftermath,and the political uncertainty the writing has been on the wall to stock up for a long time.

On a happy note, I was in a pawn shop in WVA and spotted 3k Federal lrps for under $40 per k and grabbed 2k :D

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I remember buying them for just over 50 cents per box when I was 8 years old with a note from my parents 410s were about a 1.50 per box. I had an over an under 22/410. Whish those days were back.

Box of 50 or 100?

First 100 packs I ever saw were CCI trays. Before that, everything I shot was from a 50 round box.

My Dad talks of going to the hardware store and buying a few rounds at time. I think 1 cent per round. And this was in the 30s.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Remember the clinton primer scare/shortage in the early nineties, when it was rumored new primers were going to have a shelf life of six months? Back then I found Winchester srp's at a gun show that a dealer had bought from another dealer at the show and marked up from $16 to $19 with a sharpie. I was happy to buy the 3 or 4 k that he had.
    After the shortages of ammo and components from the Kenyan's election, the Sandy Hook aftermath,and the political uncertainty the writing has been on the wall to stock up for a long time.

On a happy note, I was in a pawn shop in WVA and spotted 3k Federal lrps for under $40 per k and grabbed 2k :D

Which shop? And what area? Might have to add it to my list of stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So far this morning I got 5000 small pistol and 1000 small rifle match

Almost got 1k of CCI LPP, but I got stupid and tried to change my order to 2k (it’s limit 1k). Went out of stock in that time.

They did have GMM LPP long enough for me to get a box.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Every time I look it’s all oos for spp and srp

Midway is usually slow to send in-stock e-mails when stuff on your list arrives. Just refreshing the in-stock primers page every so often they keep adding and selling out constantly. I'm not in a position where It's worth it to pay the hazmat fee for 1 box of primers, I stocked up for a competition season that never really happened, but know a lot of people that are getting desperate. I learned my lesson back in the 09 shortage to keep a years supply at minimum, usually stock up in fall, then load throughout the winter for the season and to fill up "fun" and defensive calibers. Think I might stock a couple years worth of components, primers are gone, some powders are still plentiful, some, like H4895 are gone with the primers. Can still get many bullets, but cheap plated 220gr for my 300BO subs have been gone for months.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Midway is usually slow to send in-stock e-mails when stuff on your list arrives. Just refreshing the in-stock primers page every so often they keep adding and selling out constantly. I'm not in a position where It's worth it to pay the hazmat fee for 1 box of primers, I stocked up for a competition season that never really happened, but know a lot of people that are getting desperate.

I’m not desperate but I’m buying what I can when I can. The hazmat fee still makes them cheaper than I can get local.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    A lot of CCI primer alerts from Midway tonight, including small rifle bench rest primers ...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1301264828

I would keep refreshing the page every so often, looking for the 5000 quantity, to see if you can add to your basket. If you don't have an account, create an account first. I have one there with credit card info stored, so can checkout and buy immediately.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    They just had a drop on 5k #450 srmp's on midway. I was able to grab an order but it went OOS 30 seconds after i placed the order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom