• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Nothing for me in the morning. Lot build next door guy came in with front end loader at 7:30 so I was done. He finished by noon and nice and quite now. Headed out.

Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    Not unless it was a coyote.

Ahh good point. I said to myself....I was in the stand at 6am and I couldn't see a thing at that time!

7:30am I had a button buck down. Meat in the freezer. I am just flat out too tired to hunt this afternoon in the event I shot one.

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Ahh good point. I said to myself....I was in the stand at 6am and I couldn't see a thing at that time!

7:30am I had a button buck down. Meat in the freezer. I am just flat out too tired to hunt this afternoon in the event I shot one.

Thinking back to the worst of the COVID issue, it's a great thing that you were able to get out and hunt! Getting a deer was an added bonus, congrats to you and glad you were out there!

Redbone1

Mar 1, 2020
    A nice afternoon for a sit on the back corner of my property. Jumped a few does walking in to my stand. Holding out for a buck until later in the season.

Attachments

• 16065973826812598585283154465724.jpg
      16065973826812598585283154465724.jpg
      168.9 KB · Views: 216

Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    Thinking back to the worst of the COVID issue, it's a great thing that you were able to get out and hunt! Getting a deer was an added bonus, congrats to you and glad you were out there!

Thank you! I'm still not 100% and forced myself to get out. Needed the mind and spirit boost. But after processing the deer, that was enough for me for the day.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    That sucks. That happened to me last year too.

Well I spent the day outside as planned - it was just chainsawing, splitting wood and straitening steel. Nothing structural seemed hurt. When the tree came down one branch bashed the rest/safety bar and the back bar. The main trunk slid down the far side of the tree and cut both of the ratchet straps. Once I cut it out of the tangle I took it down. Took it to the shop, inspected everything, bent the bar back got new straps and it's back up. I'm relieved since I did a check online and ladder stands are non-existent! I'm going to give it a few days to calm down and be back out there Tuesday.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Kind of a thread jack

I want to thank everyone that offered kind words or to help me if I needed it today

I have been pretty depressed lately. Works jamming me up till I feel like I am drowning, this pandemic is driving me and everyone crazy and and my back is absolutely killing me snd I have to get the limfnodes cut off next week and I don’t get to spend any time outdoors

Well today was wonderful. I didn’t get a deer and I don’t care lol

Today was just a game changer for me and my attitude, it didn’t help my back but oh well lol

Thanks again

Oh snd the youngest kid got his first deer, a button buck and a guy who usually gets skunked got a spike

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Kind of a thread jack

I want to thank everyone that offered kind words or to help me if I needed it today

I have been pretty depressed lately. Works jamming me up till I feel like I am drowning, this pandemic is driving me and everyone crazy and and my back is absolutely killing me snd I have to get the limfnodes cut off next week and I don’t get to spend any time outdoors

Today was just a game changer for me and my attitude, it didn’t help my back but oh well lol

Thanks again

Oh snd the youngest kid got his first deer, a button buck and a guy who usually gets skunked got a spike

Glad you were able to enjoy the woods and get a bit of a refresh, and glad the youngster got his first and the other guy had a bit of luck change!

Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    Kind of a thread jack

Thanks again

Sounds like a great day all the way around!

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Kind of a thread jack

Thanks again

Keep your chin up, the woods are a good healing process better than a shrink.

I did not get one today but saw 3 tails at a full bolt, scared up by other hunters. Well the rest of the season is ahead.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Hail Mary 10 minutes before dark emerged from brush

Another buddy for a wounded spike and another a medium doe

Attachments

• 4FF988F3-FF99-4F18-A275-DD407F6C6615.jpg
      4FF988F3-FF99-4F18-A275-DD407F6C6615.jpg
      81 KB · Views: 267
    Last edited:

S.M.I.B

May 21, 2013
    Calvert County
    Got my first handgun kill this afternoon. 3 doe walked by about 15 mins before dark and I picked the biggest and dropped her with a S&W Model 29.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Well I spent the day outside as planned - it was just chainsawing, splitting wood and straitening steel. Nothing structural seemed hurt. When the tree came down one branch bashed the rest/safety bar and the back bar. The main trunk slid down the far side of the tree and cut both of the ratchet straps. Once I cut it out of the tangle I took it down. Took it to the shop, inspected everything, bent the bar back got new straps and it's back up. I'm relieved since I did a check online and ladder stands are non-existent! I'm going to give it a few days to calm down and be back out there Tuesday.

Have to have a backup climbing stand for when that garbage happens. Sorry to hear that opening day was ruined for you, but glad it was merely missing opening day and nothing more serious. When I told my wife I used to go up 20+ feet in trees, she was shocked. She thought I just went up 10 feet or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom