• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TOWcritter

Self Sufficent Sovereign
    Listening to the news on the radio this morning and I caught the end of the story on gay marriage and how Maryland , by passing this new law about gay marriage , has always "sought to honor the laws of other states here". WAIT 1......did he just say that? I can't remember who did the story and can't find it in the Sun. Did anyone else catch it? If what was said is true, then would this also apply to concealed carry permits etc? Wouldn't that mean a new push for an open carry law? Blowing smoke or what? :thumbsup:

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    If I remember correctly the Palmer case will be filed later this year is a gay guy in DC suing because he can't get a CCW. This is by the same attorney who argued McDonald and Heller (if I've got my facts right).

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2010/03/10/gun-control-after-mcdonald/

I see what your saying though. It's a big hypocritical for our legislators to be all inclusive only about some issues and not others. Even though majority of states have "shall-issue" permit system and most reciprocate other states.

But then again our state legislators have never been completely honest and forthright have they?

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I have no issue with gay people, but I am not marrying a guy just so I can carry a gun.

Huh? What? (being whispered to) Okay, I see....it's not about that? Oh, uh, okay.

Never mind.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    If I remember correctly the Palmer case will be filed later this year is a gay guy in DC suing because he can't get a CCW. This is by the same attorney who argued McDonald and Heller (if I've got my facts right).

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2010/03/10/gun-control-after-mcdonald/

I see what your saying though. It's a big hypocritical for our legislators to be all inclusive only about some issues and not others. Even though majority of states have "shall-issue" permit system and most reciprocate other states.

But then again our state legislators have never been completely honest and forthright have they?

Palmer was already filed at the D.C. Circuit level. Plaintiffs asking for Summary Judgment and the results should be in this summer, possibly before McDonald.

Palmer does not require McDonald. It's DC, so only Heller was required. If Palmer makes it to the Supremes, then McDonald would take the Palmer result and likely apply it everywhere.

It's all in another thread somewhere in "National 2A", I think. Good reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom