My 930SPX, buy new barrel, sell, trade for field gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I have been working with my 870 Tactical Magnum lately and really have it the way I want it for a HD shotgun. My 930 SPX has been pushed to the back of the safe. It shoots great but, I don't shoot shotgun often. I am wanting a field type shotgun for turkey and occasional clays.

Is it worth getting another barrel for the SPX or would I be better served to just get a field gun? I wish I had gotten that 930 combo with two barrels now.

Thanks.

CLP

Dec 18, 2012
    I would hate to part with my spx, i have a maverick 88 with knoxx stock as my clay gun i love it and at their price maybe you wouldnt have to choose?

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    I had the same plan for my 930 spx, but I can't find the field barrel in stock anywhere. Been searching for months. Part number is 93021 for matte blued field barrel. Good luck.

CLP

Dec 18, 2012
    Mine came with a choke I bought it about 7 years ago and i still couldnt tell you what it is, I never bothered to learn about chokes. With the knoxx stock extended it stands 49"

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Thanks all. I will try to find a barrel. If its months like CroftinBilly found, I may just buy a new field gun! I like the SPX. I just get antsy when a gun sits long. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom