• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    Karen Simpson stopped by my door some months back just as I was walking out with a cased-rifle and my range bag.

She looked- off balance. She said she was running for office, was a survivor of domestic violence, and married to a minister.

I interrupted and asked her what kind of minister would beat her?

She rephrased her statement then asked what was important to me. I answered, To keep what’s mine and to be left alone. Then I said, I like guns.
    She said something about balancing freedom with regulation.

I interrupted her (again) and said regulations on me won’t change a thing. Wished her well.

I think I still have her card in my range bag.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Try OC and see if MSP let’s you keep your permit.

Let us know the result .

Stu... I don't know you very well... but I thought I knew you well enough that I wouldn't see boogeyman stuff being posted from you... ease up with the BGOS... I'll be sure to let you(everyone) know the first time LE hits me up on why I am carrying... open...

Carry on...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Did the candidates and moms then spend the time coordinating and practicing their talking points?

Who provided the venue, coffee, and donuts for this Democratic caucus meeting?

Did Frosh's sister explain to the overflow crowd :sarcasm: how her brother's lawsuits against the President, at taxpayer expense, have reduced shootings in Baltimore and P.G.?

This Town Hall was bare bones—no coffee or donuts, not even a bowl of mints—and took place in the Community Room of the AA Police Dept. Eastern District HQ.

Candidate and sponsor Karen Simpson admitted that the Gun Control planning discussions with Moms Demand Action led to the decision to EXCLUDE 2A PROPONENTS from the invite list because our input would only gum up the gun control agenda for the gathering. Nice!

“Town Halls for me, but not for thee...”

I need to ask a question , in the picture there is a paper that has questions or answers on various carry laws .
    Is that a "County Police" paper or did Helga Frosh bring that paper ???

It says open carry is legal ?

Karen Simpson’s minions wrote “helpful” ideas on blank white boards as this Town Hall charade went along.

The comments from Hillbilly Grandpa and from
    me did not make it in the board.

Was there any media present? I suspect not, which is likely the reason the primary invitees decided to skip. It is heartening to see so few attendees at a pro regulation event.

No media scribes in attendance. We suspect that Ben Jealous skipped the meeting because he couldn’t be assured that some folks (like us) wouldn’t get in his face about Take ‘Em All Gun Control.

I’m not an AACO officer, but it appears to be a roll call or general purpose type room at the precinct.

As far as the papers, I’m sure our attendees might be able to confirm, but they’re probably “props” set up by the organizers.

Yup, a “work session” deliberately excluding the other side of this legislative issue. Democracy Lives! (Except for Dramacrats!)

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I noticed that too. It says open carry of both handguns and long guns is legal...

Read the fine print below the statement.
    It says open carry of a handgun is legal with a (unobtanium) permit, of course if you have a permit to carry concealed why would you open carry. And we already know open carry of long guns is "legal" just ask Mike Smigel or better watch his video.

And the no background check is for face to face sales so they want you to get a background check if you sell a gun to your brother in law.

They would like to change every NO on that list to a YES.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Sounds like the opposition candidate to Karen Simpson could use her admission that the Gun Control planning discussions with Moms Demand Action led to the decision to EXCLUDE 2A PROPONENTS from the invite list because it would only gum up the gun control agenda for the gathering. Would making a nice counter campaign commercial.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Stu... I don't know you very well... but I thought I knew you well enough that I wouldn't see boogeyman stuff being posted from you... ease up with the BGOS... I'll be sure to let you(everyone) know the first time LE hits me up on why I am carrying... open...

Carry on...

No boogeyman here. Just letting folks know what’s in store for them if they “legally”

OC.

Legal to OC a long gun yet no one does it except Mike Smigiel in a staged video.

Just sayin’ it’s legal but expect the police attention you get with the possible resulting expense and hassle

BGOS?

Nope. Just pointing out the possibilities.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    EXEMPLARY job as usual, Pickets!

I think it would be amusing if some of our legiscritters tried to OC with even a replica long gun. Even better than Candid Camera, I think. Maybe Fox News would go for it?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Respectfully everyone, I find it in poor taste to be mocking a domestic violence and/or rape victim. Not only is it unconscionable to do so, it reflects poorly upon this community to allow it. Victims of abuse are more likely to educate themselves about self defense options. Creating a hostile forum seems counterproductive.

Back on topic, thanks to those that went and attempted to educate. I struggle to follow the "logic" of the majority of these gun control theories. I fear too many people lack the ability or desire to understand the implications of some of these measures. Educating them, while difficult in liberal Maryland, is our best option.

Stay safe, carry on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Respectfully everyone, I find it in poor taste to be mocking a domestic violence and/or rape victim. Not only is it unconscionable to do so, it reflects poorly upon this community to allow it. Victims of abuse are more likely to educate themselves about self defense options. Creating a hostile forum seems counterproductive.

Back on topic, thanks to those that went and attempted to educate. I struggle to follow the "logic" of the majority of these gun control theories. I fear too many people lack the ability or desire to understand the implications of some of these measures. Educating them, while difficult in liberal Maryland, is our best option.

Stay safe, carry on.

This candidate’s introduction to every individual she meets is that she is “a survivor of domestic violence and a rape survivor”.

Just upstream is a post demonstrating that this woman is showcasing her victim status in every conversation with people while canvassing neighborhoods.

I reject the choice to make crime victim status a major RESUME ITEM, unless someone pursues the life of a domestic violence activist.

A candidate for public office is DIFFERENT from single issue activists because the voters have so many varied issues that deserve concentrated attention as well.

Remember, our court system is a direct extension of public policy, and most crime victims are EXCUSED from serving on criminal trials because crime victims cannot be relied upon to approach that work dispassionately, owing to their biases.

My opinion: it is unseemly, and somewhat disturbing that this person self-identifies as a crime victim above all else, and appears to be trying to garner votes through sympathy rather than with policy stances.

As for your second point—educating voters—my speech at the Town Hall set aside 2A talking points and instead focused on the universal issue—money—and how our tax dollars are wasted when politicians focus on “feel good” laws that crowd out real resolutions that actually affect voter’s lives.

Last edited:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I wasn't aware she was running for office, but I disagree that it opens her up for mockery. I understand you are a respected member here and don't wish to get into a back and forth with you, but I wholeheartedly disagree with your representation.

I recently had a chance to hear Oliver North speak. He spoke of his experiences as a Marine and how that shaped his life and influenced his ideology. This young lady had an experience that shaped her life. She is running and trying to effect change based upon that experience. Whether we agree with her efforts or not (and I doubt we do), it's a poor reflection of the 2a crowd (especially on an open forum) to mock her about being a dv/rape victim.

Comments like that are easily brought up at the next event that you attend, and are easily used to disenfranchise the crowd. That defeats the purpose.

I investigated rapes for many years as a detective, so perhaps I am looking through a different lens... but it feels counterproductive to take such an immature stance while attempting to be the voice of maturity and reason at these events.

I'll step down off my soapbox now. I hope my comments aren't out of line. Thank you for your efforts to make this horrible state slightly better from a 2a perspective.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I wasn't aware she was running for office, but I disagree that it opens her up for mockery. I understand you are a respected member here and don't wish to get into a back and forth with you, but I wholeheartedly disagree with your representation.

I recently had a chance to hear Oliver North speak. He spoke of his experiences as a Marine and how that shaped his life and influenced his ideology. This young lady had an experience that shaped her life. She is running and trying to effect change based upon that experience. Whether we agree with her efforts or not (and I doubt we do), it's a poor reflection of the 2a crowd (especially on an open forum) to mock her about being a dv/rape victim.

Comments like that are easily brought up at the next event that you attend, and are easily used to disenfranchise the crowd. That defeats the purpose.

I investigated rapes for many years as a detective, so perhaps I am looking through a different lens... but it feels counterproductive to take such an immature stance while attempting to be the voice of maturity and reason at these events.

I'll step down off my soapbox now. I hope my comments aren't out of line. Thank you for your efforts to make this horrible state slightly better from a 2a perspective.

Lots of speak here is banter and tongue & cheek , lots or all the men that made mockery would risk their lives saving a woman from such attacks ,so when we make do it it is not meant in the way you had taken it .

With the other side the anti's don't make it easy to not do such mockery when they want us defenseless and subjected to death or injury because they want to take our right to defend our families .

It makes no sense a woman that has suffered rape or a brutal assault would not want to defend herself from another attack .
    I just don't get it .

also I am not a respected member here so I am game ..:innocent0;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom