• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    First off you are right that the system is broke. Perhaps irreparably so.

Which is precisely why we should consider and peruse counties seceding as is being discussed here. http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=113611

There are obvious irreconcilable differences between different areas of the state, and the ones holding most of the chips are unwilling to work with and accommodate those of us in the minority. A logical conclusion is to create a firewall between groups of people to prevent “tyranny of the majority”, and so a peaceful secession of counties willing to merge with more like minded states (i.e. Virginia) would prevent disenfranchisement in a peaceful manor.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I also loved the fact that MOM looked in during the proceedings like a proud little daddy. Made me sick to be a Marylander.

Yeah doug38s, I almost tossed my Wawa sub when the smug son of a bishop popped in. I was sitting right cross from you. :sad20:

Side note, did you see the the officer tell me I couldn't wave my hands? When I got up to go to the restroom, I told the officer outside that I had a problem and if the (anti) ladies on the other side of the gallery were allowed to wave then I will wave. The cool officer said wave away just no clapping.

hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    I am an African American and have been in this fight since December. I admit to not being as aware before but the fire burns eternally now. I've started convertin friends and family. I even chraged my car club to start being more socially aware..especially when it comes to tyranny and stripping of protected rights!

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I think we are more awake now then we've ever been and we need to capitalize on that while everyone is still awake. We have to try, we can't just say it won't work. I'd rather try and fail then just sit here and do nothing.

I've been to Annapolis 5 times since Feb. That is 5 more times than I've ever been to there. I only drive past it to get to the bay and I know there are more people like me. We need to take a stand and work this from all angles.

I agree, we need to do something, and if you were to read my previous posts, you know where I stand on that.

I was disagreeing on trying a simultaneous multi-prong attack in MD. IMO, we need to focus our resources (thats everything and everyone) in a very specific strategic strategy. :D I will let the leaders in the movement agree on what that should look like, but personally I think it needs to be at the ballot box.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I saw someone post about Del. Bromwell last night saying how he was a backstabber.

Can someone tell me what Bromwell did. He is one of my delegates and I need to know what he did so I can call his office.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Listen to minimum time debate starting at 42:00 in recording, I think it is Delegate Mike starts at 43:30 listing suspended sentences. Most are guilty pleas. I assume that those are the plea bargains I hate so much, and the gun charges are dropped in the plea. A couple minutes later a Democrat voice says you already have 5 years minimum, up to 20 years for gun crime. What he seems to ignore the fact that we have a plea bargain problem.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...use_audio&stab=02&pid=legisnlist&tab=subject3

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I saw someone post about Del. Bromwell last night saying how he was a backstabber.

Can someone tell me what Bromwell did. He is one of my delegates and I need to know what he did so I can call his office.

He jumped up and slammed Smigiel about an amendment. I think it was the carry amendment, but don't hold me to that. Either way it was his attitude. Different than what he has given me face to face, on the phone, and in email.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Minimum sentences mean nothing if they are not mandatory.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    He jumped up and slammed Smigiel about an amendment. I think it was the carry amendment, but don't hold me to that. Either way it was his attitude. Different than what he has given me face to face, on the phone, and in email.

Hmm. Do you recall what he said to him?

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Minimum sentences mean nothing if they are not mandatory.

Minimum sentences ARE mandatory, IF you are found guilty. Trade a guilty plea on a charge with no minimum time for your charges with minimum time.

That is where your problem is.

Follow this link and click the box that says "I have read, understand and agree to the terms, conditions, and limitations noted above", then click continue.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp

Then follow this link:

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...il.jis?caseId=207243004&loc=69&detailLoc=DSK8

All charges where dropped or reduced in exchange for a guilty plea for simple (not armed) robbery. Initial sentence was ten years, with three months served. There was a probation violation with a there year sentence. Less then three years later that individual was charged with homicide:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-ci-homicide-arrests-20130329,0,5653296.story

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Who was the Delegate who was debating against Delegate Impallaria on the PBJ amendment, arguing that ex post facto does not apply?

Please PM me if you know... and/or post it here.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I am an African American and have been in this fight since December. I admit to not being as aware before but the fire burns eternally now. I've started convertin friends and family. I even chraged my car club to start being more socially aware..especially when it comes to tyranny and stripping of protected rights!

We need as many PG residents as we can get. Welcome to the fray!

Keep after the folks that represent you.

Too often our reps claim they don't hear from our side of the fight.

We know that's bull, but... .

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Is there an audio archive of the debate last night?

ETA: I was retarded, I was looking at thw page without realplayer installed. :toothless:

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Brochin is willing to vote for the bill because he believes in certain parts of it. The mental health aspect is a hook that is causing a few "pro 2A" lawmakers to vote green. They are narrow-minded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom