• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cb51

So I love my LCP. Both of them. They are my carry gun, and being so light and compact, its also my home defense gun as its in my pocket from time I put my pants on in the morning until I go to bed at night. If I'm up and dressed, my Elcie is in my pocket. I don't want to have to go get a gun. Its there on me.

On September 6th I was at the range and my LCP went south. Startedout great, but after the third magazine it starts to jam every magazine with a fail to eject. Empty case just sitting in the breach not clearing the gun. I field striped it and cleaned, it no change. I send it back to Ruger that afternoon. On the following Tuesday I speak with a vey nice sounding young lady named Amanda at Ruger customer service she starts a file on it.

Yesterday it comes back and the invoice from Ruger customer service says they replaced both the barrel and slide. No charge. From the 6th to the 17th including shipping time they have a 100% functional gun back to me. They didn't say what went wrong, but just that "it should not have happened" and there was no charge. This morning I put a 100 round box of Winchester whit box through it and it gobbled it up like a kid with a bag of M&M's. Then I fed it some cheap Agulla that the local Academy Sports had for 11.95. It took that without a hitch.

This gun was NOT under warrantee, but Ruger didn't care. They didn't say what was wrong other than the statement that it should not have happened.

If American car companies were as reputable as American gun companies, it would be a much better world.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Rugged? How about Ruger. My experience is totally opposite. Defective magazines that came with my 1911 9mm were not replaced even though it is a known problem and there are 8 pages about the issues with these mags on the Ruger Forum. Wound up handling the issue myself.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Ruger has great CS. I had a Ruger Bearcat literally fall apart in my hands while ejecting spent rounds at the range. The failure was clearly caused by the previous owner trying to perfect his Bubba gun smithing skills.

Ruger damn near replaced every part on the gun and refinished it too, it was basically a brand new gun when I got it back. I had to check the serial number to make sure i had the correct pistol because it was so clean.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Glad Ruger took care of some of you. I had several people interested in buying their 1911 CMDR 9mm but, they lost every one of those sales due to the bad magazine issue. It literally takes a loading tool to put more than 5 or 6 rounds into the mag. I let several of my friends try to load them and it wasn't just me. One Army vet, one Marine vet, one business owner and two women will not be buying.

I own a lot of Ruger firearms, especially the older single actions and they will never be sent to Ruger for any sort of repair due to their policy of "converting" them to the "improved transfer bar". Not that any of them has ever needed any sort of repair. I prefer the old style actions and I am keeping them original.

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    A few years ago my 10/22 Sporter had a small crack in the bolt. I called up Ruger and they sent me a new bolt no questions asked. Not bad for a gun without a warranty.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Had a similar issue with an Elsie years ago after a few hundred rounds, and the same experience. Ruger has outstanding customer service

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom