• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...Dy1mjUM5KckcjQqxQxyoLkVXhOOR08NY8chH1wyVfFgQ0

House Democrats this week advanced a new measure to encourage states to pass “red flag” laws, known as extreme risk protection orders, that authorize removing guns and ammunition from dangerous individuals.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee amended the measure during a Wednesday mark-up to authorize the federal government to issue extreme risk protection orders in some instances, but they rejected an amendment that would have red-flagged anyone who law enforcement lists as a gang member.

:rolleyes:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I believe the Dems are self-destructing because of their irrational focus on Trump. I also think it would be difficult to believe that many Progressives could buy into this idea especially in those states affected by MS 13 and other gangs. Truly this is self immolation of the Democratic Party before our eyes thanks to our President and a pure joy to watch.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I believe the Dems are self-destructing because of their irrational focus on Trump. I also think it would be difficult to believe that many Progressives could buy into this idea especially in those states affected by MS 13 and other gangs. Truly this is self immolation of the Democratic Party before our eyes thanks to our President and a pure joy to watch.

I hope you are correct... and I hope the Dems keep it up...

Now, to tell everyone.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    The Dems are pushing to expand their anarcho-tyranny policies to the rest of the US. Keep your tax cattle unarmed and your gangland enforcers to make sure they cry for move govt to “keep them safe”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I agree with this. Freedom of association and due process still need to be protected. Now red flag laws are still terrible and need to be stopped but I'm not mad at this. Substitute "gang member" with "no fly list" and everyone was against that when Van Hollen floated it a while ago.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    And it’s not breaking overly repeated news on every station of course

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's
    C-SPAN was broadcasting the Judicial committee hearing about this on Saturday. I was impressed with the Republicans I heard. The minority leader especially argued quite vehemently against the hypocrisy of the Democrats who were against the amendment over people getting on the gang list for the wrong reason, yet were fine with the original bill. The stammering of the liberals was epic. All they could do was just repeat emotional lines about saving lives.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

The idiot Leftists in MoCo are james k. dandy fine with the little miscreants running their county now, so... :shrug:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I agree with this. Freedom of association and due process still need to be protected. Now red flag laws are still terrible and need to be stopped but I'm not mad at this. Substitute "gang member" with "no fly list" and everyone was against that when Van Hollen floated it a while ago.

:party29: Absolutely! Just how does one get in a "gang database?" Is there a hearing in which you have a chance to produce evidence in your defense? Are you even notified about being entered into the database?

Liberty first.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    :party29: Absolutely! Just how does one get in a "gang database?" Is there a hearing in which you have a chance to produce evidence in your defense? Are you even notified about being entered into the database?

Liberty first.

Some states run these. Usually store tattoo pics in there as well.

Most thugs are proud to be gang-affiliated. They willingly tell authorities who they "run with".

kolohekanaka

Jul 23, 2017
    Howard County, MD
    Why can't police use Red Flag to invaded criminals' homes?

Any 2nd Amendment lawyers in Maryland have an explanation why police can't use Red Flag to invade known criminals' residences and confiscate their weapons and anything else illegal that turns up? Is it a civil rights issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom