Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > NFA/Class 3/Title II
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2019, 08:03 PM #11
rsideout's Avatar
rsideout rsideout is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MD - Capital Region
Posts: 5,041
rsideout rsideout is offline
Member
rsideout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MD - Capital Region
Posts: 5,041
Total Thread Jack. What are your thoughts on having an HK 23e built from an HK93?
rsideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2019, 08:05 PM #12
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,653
Images: 4
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,653
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdub View Post
You do realize we are discussing machine guns here and not semi?

Agreed, OP's recent situation sucks.
Ya missed that so used to living in the world of Semis.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2019, 09:05 PM #13
smdub's Avatar
smdub smdub is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MoCo
Posts: 3,239
smdub smdub is offline
Senior Member
smdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MoCo
Posts: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsideout View Post
Total Thread Jack. What are your thoughts on having an HK 23e built from an HK93?
93 or 91? You need a 91 for the double pin rear end.
Almost seems a waste to build w/ a real hk receiver since all the markings on the mag well are cut off. Though I guess if you had a complete $$$ German parts kit that would be the right way to go.
If you don't have a real parts kit just get a BPP 23E. (MM doesn't build authentic Es. The bolt and barrel are different at a minimum.)
__________________
NRA/CCRKBA/GOA/SAF life member, MSI Executive member
smdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 09:18 AM #14
IMBLITZVT's Avatar
IMBLITZVT IMBLITZVT is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Catonsville, MD
Posts: 3,053
IMBLITZVT IMBLITZVT is offline
IMBLITZVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Catonsville, MD
Posts: 3,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsideout View Post
Total Thread Jack. What are your thoughts on having an HK 23e built from an HK93?
My first thought is you should stop buying MGs... oh wait you are!

I would think with that much modification there would not be much point in using a real HK receiver. I would think cutting a PTR receiver or whatever would be good enough. I really don't get that much into the details on these guns. I would assume you could get a good answer out of the HK forums.
IMBLITZVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 01:58 PM #15
rsideout's Avatar
rsideout rsideout is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MD - Capital Region
Posts: 5,041
rsideout rsideout is offline
Member
rsideout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MD - Capital Region
Posts: 5,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdub View Post
93 or 91? You need a 91 for the double pin rear end.
Almost seems a waste to build w/ a real hk receiver since all the markings on the mag well are cut off. Though I guess if you had a complete $$$ German parts kit that would be the right way to go.
If you don't have a real parts kit just get a BPP 23E. (MM doesn't build authentic Es. The bolt and barrel are different at a minimum.)
OK, makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBLITZVT View Post
My first thought is you should stop buying MGs... oh wait you are!

I would think with that much modification there would not be much point in using a real HK receiver. I would think cutting a PTR receiver or whatever would be good enough. I really don't get that much into the details on these guns. I would assume you could get a good answer out of the HK forums.
I made an offer on another MG Tuesday, but the seller passed. So I'm done.....for the moment.

OK, makes sense. And you and Stephen are agreeing quite a bit lately. Whats up with that?
rsideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 03:14 PM #16
IMBLITZVT's Avatar
IMBLITZVT IMBLITZVT is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Catonsville, MD
Posts: 3,053
IMBLITZVT IMBLITZVT is offline
IMBLITZVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Catonsville, MD
Posts: 3,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsideout View Post
...
OK, makes sense. And you and Stephen are agreeing quite a bit lately. Whats up with that?
Obviously he is finally getting older and wiser, not just older...
IMBLITZVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > NFA/Class 3/Title II


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service