Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 24th, 2019, 11:29 PM #61
piled higher and deeper

piled higher and deeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbird7282 View Post
Wonít happen. The HQL hasnít been shot down and other states have FOID cards that have been found to be constitutional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I know your comment was from a few days ago, but just seeing this now. Obviously what distinguishes this effort from FOID is that there is a parallel, redundant proposed process that costs money and requires time (and also registers all long gun purchases of course). Having the duplicate effort (HQL and LGQL), at least in my view, makes it harder for them to do the hand wave that it isn't meant to be an infringement/obstruction. Maybe they'll also propose a third license for ammunition purchases next year.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old February 24th, 2019, 11:49 PM #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelity View Post
Sorry, I know your comment was from a few days ago, but just seeing this now. Obviously what distinguishes this effort from FOID is that there is a parallel, redundant proposed process that costs money and requires time (and also registers all long gun purchases of course). Having the duplicate effort (HQL and LGQL), at least in my view, makes it harder for them to do the hand wave that it isn't meant to be an infringement/obstruction. Maybe they'll also propose a third license for ammunition purchases next year.

I agree completely, I just donít have faith that it will get struck down. Itís all unconstitutional in my view. Iím sure they will come up with the ammo thing eventually.

rbird7282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2019, 04:51 AM #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleovic View Post
Either appeal for a grandfather clause or an avenue for self serialization or both, just as a way of not punishing those of us who obeyed the law. Ultimately I think this bill will pass, it's a matter of mitigating the worst effects.

Maybe suggest that home builders be required to serialize according to existing ATF guidelines? It somewhat accomplishes what they claim to want (tracking firearms through existing systems).
How about not one fcuking inch instead?
I encourage you to do all that you can to support the 2A. If you do not have twitter and facebook accounts that you can use to counter the drivel spewed by the antis, go over to yahoo, establish an email account in the name of your choice, and use it to sign-up on facebook and twitter. No anti is coming here to be swayed into supporting the 2A, so I urge you to confront them where they gather for comfort, which means social media. Take the fight to the enemy.
Adolph Oliver Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2019, 04:52 AM #64
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:

Maybe we can get them to let us sew a yellow star or scarlet letter on our clothes.
MSRPA BOD
I touched Heller.....
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 12:06 PM #65
piled higher and deeper

piled higher and deeper

Another few points about Illinois's FOID cards for anyone in Annapolis today should they get mentioned.

This is all that's needed for Illinois residents ...

- A Valid Driverís License or State Identification card.

- A head and shoulder electronic photograph taken within the last 30 days.

- $10.00 payable with a credit card or electronic check.

That's it. No fingerprinting, no training course, and a minimal fee. It's good for 10 years. It enables the purchase of both handguns and long guns.

It's also required for in state ammunition purchases, although IL hunting permits or a valid concealed carry permit will also allow ammunition purchases in that state.

It's a simple one page application for those 21 and over. There's an additional page for those 18-20 where they need a guardian's signature.

One can file by mail using a printable PDF or online. Takes about a month to receive. I haven't checked what the options are to expedite.

It's still an obstruction, but if bill proponents raise it as an example for the proposed MD LGQL, it's easy to use it to show how much worse Maryland's current and proposed process is.

I'm familiar with it because my parents maintain a home in Illinois these days.

Old February 27th, 2019, 12:36 PM #66
piled higher and deeper

piled higher and deeper

I'm still burned up that those that testified are being labeled as "extremists" by MDA and MDPGV and "terrorists" by MD Democratic Party operatives. I hope someone has the chance to throw this labeling back in their faces during testimony today.

In fighting for the safety of our families, our children and for civil rights, we are called extremists. How dare they make it more difficult to protect our families and take away civil rights of future generations and refer to those that oppose these efforts as extremists and terrorists.

Old February 27th, 2019, 12:40 PM #67

Quote:
I'm still burned up that those that testified are being labeled as "extremists" by MDA and MDPGV and "terrorists" by MD Democratic Party operatives. I hope someone has the chance to throw this labeling back in their faces during testimony today.

In fighting for the safety of our families, our children and for civil rights, we are called extremists. How dare they make it more difficult to protect our families and take away civil rights of future generations and refer to those that oppose these efforts as extremists and terrorists.

It's small comfort, but at the end of the day we only have control over how we act. Anyone who believes these claims without being willing to scrutinize them enough to find the truth is beyond reaching, for the moment.

Nobody wins the name-calling vs name-calling matches that social media encourages and enables. Everyone loses.

It's not fast or sexy, but individually putting doubt into the minds of people we interact with on a personal basis by treating them with respect and courtesy ultimately builds the strongest foundation of trust. This is why successful politicians at the state level do a whole lot of door-knocking, at least in the neighborhoods they think they'll need. Nothing on the internet trumps a positive human interaction.
Malleovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 12:49 PM #68
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:

I'm kinda pissed the MDA releases gave credit to NRA. They said we were just doing what NRA told us. No Sweet Cheeks, our organization ain't like yours. We are truly grass roots. MDA is as grass roots as a Chia Pet.
MSRPA BOD
I touched Heller.....
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 09:16 AM #69

Quote:
Another few points about Illinois's FOID cards for anyone in Annapolis today should they get mentioned.

This is all that's needed for Illinois residents ...

- A Valid Driverís License or State Identification card.

- A head and shoulder electronic photograph taken within the last 30 days.

- $10.00 payable with a credit card or electronic check.

That's it. No fingerprinting, no training course, and a minimal fee. It's good for 10 years. It enables the purchase of both handguns and long guns.

It's also required for in state ammunition purchases, although IL hunting permits or a valid concealed carry permit will also allow ammunition purchases in that state.

It's a simple one page application for those 21 and over. There's an additional page for those 18-20 where they need a guardian's signature.

One can file by mail using a printable PDF or online. Takes about a month to receive. I haven't checked what the options are to expedite.

It's still an obstruction, but if bill proponents raise it as an example for the proposed MD LGQL, it's easy to use it to show how much worse Maryland's current and proposed process is.

I'm familiar with it because my parents maintain a home in Illinois these days.

I'm from Illinois. There are a few fundamental differences between the IL FOID and the HQL/LGQL infringements that are worth mentioning: the IL FOID is a permit to possess firearms in the State of Illinois. The IL FOID also applies to possession of ammunition in the State of Illinois. You need to re-apply every 10 years in order to continue to possess your firearms and ammunition in the State of Illinois. (and pay $10 again for your God-given right to do so) Let's not hold up the IL FOID as an example of something better. The State of Illinois can take them all away and the ammo if you did not renew for any reason. I find both FOID and HQL/LGQL completely unacceptable, but of the two, I find the FOID the greater of two evils by a very large margin.

#WeWillNotComply
PowPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 08:50 PM #70

Here are the senators and their contact info I got from my recent email for MPGV. They are really focused on the storage requirement bill. Please call all and ask them to support conceal carry and to oppose all of the infringement bills

Jefflac is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues