• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    The police should never have put the homeowner in that position.

The school was obviously wrong, but it was just carried on and made worse by going out and searching a home because an idiot from a school had a concern about what was in someone's home.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I’m not sure I understand why the police don’t tell the principal to fvck off. There has to be more to issuing a warrant/sending officers out for a welfare check than guns in the home. What rose to the level of concern for the children’s welfare than a gun in the home. This is in my dining room. Fully functional.

Attachments

• 34DA3077-7A4B-4046-B6EC-787DCF72B1D9.jpg
      34DA3077-7A4B-4046-B6EC-787DCF72B1D9.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 627

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I’m not sure I understand why the police don’t tell the principal to fvck off. There has to be more to issuing a warrant/sending officers out for a welfare check than guns in the home. What rose to the level of concern for the children’s welfare than a gun in the home. This is in my dining room. Fully functional.

This may sound strange, but just the other day I considered that I need a period (or even authentic era) Revolutionary War musket mounted beside the modern day equivalent AR15 on the wall of my study...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This may sound strange, but just the other day I considered that I need a period (or even authentic era) Revolutionary War musket mounted beside the modern day equivalent AR15 on the wall of my study...

Wife likes the Springfield on the wall. She wouldn’t go for putting even a couple of shotguns. I’d love to do an AR. That reminds me, I need to finish my AR lamp.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Ok, so I used to frequent here quite often and lurk still some time to time but I want to know how you all would react. I am copying my wife's FB post since she was home when this occurred. I removed any names or school info. How would you feel?

Her post:

"I thought long and hard about sharing this, but I decided to do so for many reasons. While it is deeply personal, please let it be a note to teachers, parents, and students.

Today my house was searched by the police. Courtesy of #******elementaryschool.

While my son was on a zoom call, a "concerned parent" and subsequently two teachers saw his properly stowed and mounted RED RIDER BB GUN and one other BB gun in the background. He was not holding them and never intentionally showed them on video. In fact, he was oblivious that they could even be seen in the background. From the angle in which he was on video, it was not even evident which room of MY HOME he was in. So Principal ********* decided it best to call the police to have my home searched for dangerous weapons.

The Principal and his teacher, cited that "just as he cannot BRING guns to school, he cannot BRING them to virtual meetings as well and this is in the handbook". After a close review of the handbook, it DO NOT ADDRESS ANYTHING REGARDING VIRTUAL LEARNING! Not to mention, he did not BRING anything to this meeting and he is in his own home. They were simply in the background in our home, safely stowed in a room behind a closed door, with no ammunition (if you can even call it that).
    The officers that responded were appalled at the call and even commended the set up that my son has for his TOYS and commended him also on his respect and understanding of the BB guns! He is a boy scout. He is an outdoors / all-boy kind of kid and as his parents and by way of legal rights, he is allowed to own said guns. He is IN HIS OWN HOME supervised by a parent. I asked the Principal why a phone call could not have occurred rather than having my house searched By the police and he said that was not their policy. Who knew they had a policy on barely seeing a BB gun in the background of a zoom call? The officers were more than nice, and though they did not have a warrant, I have always been taught to not only comply, but had nothing to hide and allowed them to look wherever they wanted to.
    I have spoken with his teacher and his Principal and Vice Principal. I feel extremely violated and so does my son. Virtual learning may work well for you, but make sure nothing in your home offends anyone and you may spend the next couple of weeks circumventing the invasion and violation that I did today. My child and my home will no longer be subjected to video to allow room for any other violation of my rights and how I LEGALLY manage my home."

My question is how can we help?

The info is out and how should we as a group proceed?

The Principal at this school as well as all teachers should be held accountable! My words!

We can keep commenting on this post!
    Or we can email said principle and school board on the overreach!

Others have said you need to out the school, however all of this leads to you and your family having this in the headlines! I am sure if your wife posted this on book of faces, she understands those concerns!

I have the info of the school and principal and his email, however I will not post that info until you advise..
    Search a key word on book of faces gave me school and info...

Advise me

sparecaster

Jun 26, 2013
    So as it stands now the school system has given us what appears to be one final email covering all the emails we have sent. They also apparently have a screenshot that led to calling the police, but they claim it isn't considered part of his school record so it isn't subject to handing over. I'm sorry you took a picture of an 11 year olds bedroom in MY house and you won't give it to me or show me. Sounds like they have nothing or their argument is weak.

We have many contacts right now in the media and are going to be talking to some people. Still awaiting a call back from the lawyer.

I don't want to out anything since I don't know what it may do to our potential case.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    So as it stands now the school system has given us what appears to be one final email covering all the emails we have sent. They also apparently have a screenshot that led to calling the police, but they claim it isn't considered part of his school record so it isn't subject to handing over. I'm sorry you took a picture of an 11 year olds bedroom in MY house and you won't give it to me or show me. Sounds like they have nothing or their argument is weak.

We have many contacts right now in the media and are going to be talking to some people. Still awaiting a call back from the lawyer.

I don't want to out anything since I don't know what it may do to our potential case.

OK. Standing down!

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Ok, so I used to frequent here quite often and lurk still some time to time but I want to know how you all would react. I am copying my wife's FB post since she was home when this occurred. I removed any names or school info. How would you feel?

Her post:

"I thought long and hard about sharing this, but I decided to do so for many reasons. While it is deeply personal, please let it be a note to teachers, parents, and students.

Today my house was searched by the police. Courtesy of #******elementaryschool.

While my son was on a zoom call, a "concerned parent" and subsequently two teachers saw his properly stowed and mounted RED RIDER BB GUN and one other BB gun in the background. He was not holding them and never intentionally showed them on video. In fact, he was oblivious that they could even be seen in the background. From the angle in which he was on video, it was not even evident which room of MY HOME he was in. So Principal ********* decided it best to call the police to have my home searched for dangerous weapons.

The Principal and his teacher, cited that "just as he cannot BRING guns to school, he cannot BRING them to virtual meetings as well and this is in the handbook". After a close review of the handbook, it DO NOT ADDRESS ANYTHING REGARDING VIRTUAL LEARNING! Not to mention, he did not BRING anything to this meeting and he is in his own home. They were simply in the background in our home, safely stowed in a room behind a closed door, with no ammunition (if you can even call it that).
    The officers that responded were appalled at the call and even commended the set up that my son has for his TOYS and commended him also on his respect and understanding of the BB guns! He is a boy scout. He is an outdoors / all-boy kind of kid and as his parents and by way of legal rights, he is allowed to own said guns. He is IN HIS OWN HOME supervised by a parent. I asked the Principal why a phone call could not have occurred rather than having my house searched By the police and he said that was not their policy. Who knew they had a policy on barely seeing a BB gun in the background of a zoom call? The officers were more than nice, and though they did not have a warrant, I have always been taught to not only comply, but had nothing to hide and allowed them to look wherever they wanted to.
    I have spoken with his teacher and his Principal and Vice Principal. I feel extremely violated and so does my son. Virtual learning may work well for you, but make sure nothing in your home offends anyone and you may spend the next couple of weeks circumventing the invasion and violation that I did today. My child and my home will no longer be subjected to video to allow room for any other violation of my rights and how I LEGALLY manage my home."

I believe you and your family have been harmed by the teacher and the school. I encourage you to contact an attorney to address this. Demand an apology and damages.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Wait! So some smug know-it-all prick took a photograph (screenshot) of the inside of a student's bedroom? What is their purpose in that? What kind of sick pervert weirdos are running that school?

sparecaster

Jun 26, 2013
    Update from the wife

My question is how can we help?

The info is out and how should we as a group proceed?

The Principal at this school as well as all teachers should be held accountable! My words!

We can keep commenting on this post!
    Or we can email said principle and school board on the overreach!

Others have said you need to out the school, however all of this leads to you and your family having this in the headlines! I am sure if your wife posted this on book of faces, she understands those concerns!

I have the info of the school and principal and his email, however I will not post that info until you advise..
    Search a key word on book of faces gave me school and info...

Advise me

Thank you very much. After speaking with my wife she asked me to share this from her:

Thank you all for your loyalty and support to our family. At this point, thousands of people have seen the post all over this great nation. You are welcome to find my page and share the hell out of the post!
    I, as the mother that was subjected to having the police search my 11 yo son’s room as I stood watching him in fear, while home alone with three kids have no time to be concerned with anonymity. You have the information and it is in fact Seneca Elementary in Middle River, MD. They were not concerned for my privacy as my neighbors stood and watched LE dispatched to my home. They were not concerned with my minor child’s privacy when they decided they wanted to screenshot him in his bedroom. They have not once apologized and given one excuse after another. I am a PROUD US Veteran and Mother. I served my country and damn well deserve the freedoms in which I swore to defend.

To that end, I would absolutely appreciate any letters you so choose to write and would be grateful. All I ask is that it be respectful and not defaming as to not pose a threat to our case. Freedom of speech is your right and mine. A colleague of mine wrote one today who is a retired federal agent and good friend and it was very well written and potentially effective.

This needs to be publicized if nothing more than for the fact that we are 1) forced into virtual learning and 2) have a reasonable expectation of privacy in our lawfully managed homes.

Signed,
    A US Navy Veteran and an angry Mother"

Thank you everyone. We appreciate your support.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I believe you and your family have been harmed by the teacher and the school. I encourage you to contact an attorney to address this. Demand an apology and damages.
    I'm not a litigious person, but I agree. Schools have grossly overstepped their bounds and need to be checked. My kids are home schooled there are guns in most of their "classrooms"...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

sparecaster

Jun 26, 2013
    Wait! So some smug know-it-all prick took a photograph (screenshot) of the inside of a student's bedroom? What is their purpose in that? What kind of sick pervert weirdos are running that school?

Yes, they supposedly have a screenshot showing him on his Google Meet/Zoom call for school with a "gun" in the background. We wanted to see it so why know why they thought it necessary to call the police. But they won't share it.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck

Careful Doc, those candles could be dangerous

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The officers were more than nice, and though they did not have a warrant, I have always been taught to not only comply, but had nothing to hide and allowed them to look wherever they wanted to.

The government appreciates her compliance. It will be on her permanent record and her son's, stored somewhere in the cloud for a rainy day.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    A few things to mention:

Many school systems do not use Zoom because I believe you have to be 18 in order to have an account, so if the school is requiring Zoom and you are not in the room...………

Many school systems do not allow screen shots of students on video conferencing, I am sure you had to sign some sort of consent for photos, might want to check.

I have so much more I could say...………..
    TD

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    A few things to mention:

Many school systems do not use Zoom because I believe you have to be 18 in order to have an account, so if the school is requiring Zoom and you are not in the room...………

Many school systems do not allow screen shots of students on video conferencing, I am sure you had to sign some sort of consent for photos, might want to check.

I have so much more I could say...………..
    TD

If the is true, a lawyer is going to have a field day with that school.

As someone said above, it's all lose-lose though. The principle looses credibility and even if the school ends up taking an L, they won't ever stop reporting things like this because some people are genuinely afraid of guns.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I stand corrected, the age is 16 for a Zoom account but it looks like they have some sort of education situation too, Id still check It out though. My county did not use Zoom due to legal issues.

Parent do need to give consent for photos of their kids, that's done every year.

TD

Sirex