• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I finally have time to expand on my post above. According to my copies of MSP SOP's;

"An applicant whose handgun permit has been expired for 90 days or less is considered a renewal."

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    This is incorrect. As long as your
    application is submitted prior to expiration you are good to go. As a matter of fact if you wait until the last minute you can keep carrying on your old permit until the new one arrives.

Be careful I am almost certain the applicable State Government Article says if the permit renewal is submitted more than 14 days prior to expiration the permit remains valid (even during the pendency of the permit renewal, appeal, circuit court petition, etc.) So inside of 14 days likely won't hold up.

Edit: just checked and it's not 14 days but rather "two calendar weeks before a license expires." See SG 2-226

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Be careful I am almost certain the applicable State Government Article says if the permit renewal is submitted more than 14 days prior to expiration the permit remains valid (even during the pendency of the permit renewal, appeal, circuit court petition, etc.) So inside of 14 days likely won't hold up.

Edit: just checked and it's not 14 days but rather "two calendar weeks before a license expires." See SG 2-226
    thanks for the clarification.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

Business weeks or calendar weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    MSP Licensing

17796433_10154909286570932_7986384042511625634_n.jpg

Have any physicians been able to obtain CCWs? I'm interested to hear how tough the restrictions are.

It's actually very likely for Doctors and Pharmacists to be able to obtain a MD Wear and Carry permit. There are several Ranges in Maryland that offer the full package including fingerprinting where you can take everything and even receive application help! Just remember your prints are only good for 72 Hours once you get them taken, had to figure that out the hard way for myself.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013

I'm not sure how this actually works? I submitted my app (with print #) based on the wrong link on page 1 of this thread (not sure if it has been changed to the correct link yet) January 2 2017. The app was an out dated form and the entire app was returned to me. I then sent out the currect app but forgot to include my training cert :sad20: which resulted in it being returned a second time. When I finally got my chit together and was able to send my correct app with all my papers, my prints where still valid on 2/06. Before sending my app the last time I called to make sure that my prints would still be good. I was told that they did not expire after 72 hours.

Just checked the link and it is still to an out dated form. I really wish someone would update the link as I know of others who have followed that link and have been delayed and as a resource page we should strive to have accurate information for those that come here.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Me neither. I think it has to do with how long MSP wants to retain the notification from MD CJIS that yoo're not prohibited. I think it's a general rule of thumb but they can retain them longer than 72 hours if they choose to.

I try to comply with instructions on applications rather than poking the bear with a stick.

Me neither. I think it has to do with how long MSP wants to retain the notification from MD CJIS that yoo're not prohibited. I think it's a general rule of thumb but they can retain them longer than 72 hours if they choose to.

I try to comply with instructions on applications rather than poking the bear with a stick.

I agree with this I have heard of similar cases where MDSP allowed original prints to be used even if an applicant had to resubmit. It depends on the case it seems. Always better to be safe than sorry!

silentdynasty

Apr 7, 2017
    MoCo
    I do hope this mess get overturned because it is unfortunate that we cannot conceal carry. UGH. I would not want to waste my time applying if I already know that I will be denied due to the criteria.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I do hope this mess get overturned because it is unfortunate that we cannot conceal carry. UGH. I would not want to waste my time applying if I already know that I will be denied due to the criteria.

In that case, they won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rach123

Jan 6, 2016
    Does anyone know the actual timeframe from submission of application to approval for wear and carry? I mailed my application and credentials this morning. Anyone already gone through it? Thanks

Received my approval at MSP interview on 5/12/17. Waiting for it in the mail. :party29: 60 days from application to approval.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Received my approval at MSP interview on 5/12/17. Waiting for it in the mail. :party29: 60 days from application to approval.
    If this is true hopefully it is a sign of things to come. The person conducting the interview seldom has the authority to issue, grant, or approve the permit. If this has been changed to allow for that it would be a great thing.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

If this is true hopefully it is a sign of things to come. The person conducting the interview seldom has the authority to issue, grant, or approve the permit. If this has been changed to allow for that it would be a great thing.

This doesn't follow their SOP.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    My interviewer said that based on the interview I should have no problem getting a permit. But he also made it clear that he didn't make the final decision.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yes. interviewing troopers don't make the decision

My interview was at the Rockville Barracks. Heck, I don't even know if the trooper was assigned to the LD..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom