• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    I'm trying to find a place online that sells 30rd aluminum magazine bodies LEGALLY, cost-effectively and will ship them to MD. I have old Mags that are beaten up, and I wanted a cheap way to refurbish them. Brownells is out, they won't do it. As far as I can tell, as long as I don't assemble the parts while in MD, It's perfectly legal. If I drive up to PA to buy, the guy up-charges because he can smell the Old Bay on me. I don't want to break the law, and don't want to pay a premium. Help, Thanks.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Seriously, the story about sellers in PA sniffing out that you are from MD is lame.

There are great gun shows up there, and all Americans still have access to cash. Or go to VA, DE or WV.

It's what we all do, and it doesn't break any laws. You can do it too.

Welcome to the forum, but c'mon dude.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    First welcome to MDS.

Not necessarily a great first post for ya.....sit back and watch from afar little bit. It looks little like your trollin. Just enjoy a road trip. ....and Old bay don't jack prices.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    You're right, probably not the best choice for my first post. I've been working on this issue for the last few weeks, been frustrated. I didn't mean to break any unwritten rules. As I stated before, I am solely intending on being legal with my actions in regards to firearms in this state, and I wasn't asking anyone to break any laws on my behalf. And as I had interpreted the law, a magazine body, disassembled does not a magazine make. I thought it was a legit question. Don't get all paranoid on me. Not a narc, just inexperienced with forums like this. Hi, I'm Parallax, I like long walks on the beach and my 2A rights.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    You can buy complete mags cheaper than bodies. Buy them online (while out of state of course) and have them shipped to the closest non MD UPS store.

You just have to call the store and let them know you are shipping a package there.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    You're right, probably not the best choice for my first post. I've been working on this issue for the last few weeks, been frustrated. I didn't mean to break any unwritten rules. As I stated before, I am solely intending on being legal with my actions in regards to firearms in this state, and I wasn't asking anyone to break any laws on my behalf. And as I had interpreted the law, a magazine body, disassembled does not a magazine make. I thought it was a legit question. Don't get all paranoid on me. Not a narc, just inexperienced with forums like this. Hi, I'm Parallax, I like long walks on the beach and my 2A rights.
    You'll be lucky to find a legit business online that will ship mag bodies to Maryland. PM me, I'll let you in on something that may solve your problem. When I want mags, I drive to Virginia or out of state gunshows. Prices aren't always great at the shows though.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    ...Not a narc, just inexperienced with forums like this. Hi, I'm Parallax, I like long walks on the beach and my 2A rights.

OK, that made me laugh. So it looks like it's time for you to exit the Time Out Corner.

It is probably next to impossible to have any shipper send any magazine bodies into the state of Maryland based on how deliberately murky the Maryland laws have been written.

If you can find what you want mail order about the only option you have is to have them mailed to a relative or friend outside the borders of Maryland and then you go retrieve them. The common understanding of the law is that a friend or relative cannot then mail them into Maryland in any fashion.

It appears you enjoy the workshop aspect of this because the aluminum body magazines are available at $10 and under at all of the good gun shows that we Marylanders attend out of state.

At the Nations Gun Show near Dulles airport I picked up some really nice new mags with no tilt followers for 9 bucks each. The other bonus with going to the gun show is that it's a friggin gun show and it's one of the best Places on earth, with some of the best people you'd ever want to be in a closed environment with.

Me personally?… I'd rather see you purchase completed mags and then take the time that you allocated to rebuilding mags and put it toward joining our 2A demonstrations and events. We can always use the help and you will make new friends for life.

Again, welcome.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    I figured it would be cheaper on average to buy completed mags out of state. I was just curious in case I came across a bulk sale or something if I'd Technically need to leave the state if they were just the Bodies. I was also interested in being able to control the quality of components. I prefer aluminum or steel bodies with specific followers, springs and foot plates. Few cheap complete mags meet all of my reliability needs. And they are harder to find at PA stores. The law isn't really very clear in regards to parts, but I suppose most companies don't need the hassle. I have some catching up to do. Thanks again.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    OK, that made me laugh. So it looks like it's time for you to exit the Time Out Corner.

It is probably next to impossible to have any shipper send any magazine bodies into the state of Maryland based on how deliberately murky the Maryland laws have been written.

If you can find what you want mail order about the only option you have is to have them mailed to a relative or friend outside the borders of Maryland and then you go retrieve them. The common understanding of the law is that a friend or relative cannot then mail them into Maryland in any fashion.

It appears you enjoy the workshop aspect of this because the aluminum body magazines are available at $10 and under at all of the good gun shows that we Marylanders attend out of state.

At the Nations Gun Show near Dulles airport I picked up some really nice new mags with no tilt followers for 9 bucks each. The other bonus with going to the gun show is that it's a friggin gun show and it's one of the best Places on earth, with some of the best people you'd ever want to be in a closed environment with.

Me personally?… I'd rather see you purchase completed mags and then take the time that you allocated to rebuilding mags and put it toward joining our 2A demonstrations and events. We can always use the help and you will make new friends for life.

Again, welcome.

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly respond to my question. I do appreciate it. Like I said I like to have control. I was hoping one site had the balls to stand up to this nonsense so I don't end up with springs and followers coming out of my ears. Shortest TO of my life, it's good to be back!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    California is nuts. It's where Maryland Infringers get all their gun control wet dream ideas.

Fryin' pan, and into the fire for you I suppose.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    It was just dismal. The sad part about it is the fact that outside of SF and LA, Everybody and their mother loves to shoot.
    I was a relatively avid shooter growing up here, but I wasn't here for the 2013 bill, so it'll take some getting used to.
    Compared to CA, this is paradise. Though I'm already getting frustrated as you can see.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The " magazine repair kits " were a hot topic cpl three years ago . But far as I know, no distributor is still willing to ship them here.

MDS consensus - Yeah , I can follow the argument that it's legal, but it's so deep into the grey area, they have to pipe in sunlight. Too many unquestionably legal routes to take.

Sugguestion #1- Order bodies only, have shipped to friend, relative, mail box establishment out of state.

Sugguestion #2 - Buy complete alum/ steel complete mags out of state, throw away the springs and followers. Seems wasteful, but little difference in price between complete mags and bodies.

As Rack mentioned, Chantilly gun show is coming up. Stop by the MSI booth, and say hello in person.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I've been seeing the whack workarounds for Cali people with AR-15s, including the mad-genius reverse mag loader that crams rounds back into the AR through the ejection slot, owing to a "fixed" Mag restriction.

It's Bizarro World out there.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    Suggestion #2 - Buy complete alum/ steel complete mags out of state, throw away the springs and followers. Seems wasteful, but little difference in price between complete mags and bodies.

I would never waste any working components, I just don't want to have them if I have no use for them. I'm definitely heading to Chantilly, I didn't realize it was so soon. Worth the trip for 1,600 tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom