What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This past week I loaded about 500 rounds of 9mm. Xtreme 124 gr plated bullets, 5.0 gr CFE Pistol, CCI small pistol primers, mixed cases but mostly Herters. Have 1400 rounds loaded and in my safe. I usually shoot about 200 rounds n a range trip.

That's easy to do, especially with an AR pistol and an AR SBR. Hungry sumbichiz!

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    Processed and loaded 40 rds. of .308 for a modified M-1. I am trying 44 grns of Varget under a Hornady match bullet. I started using a Hornady Trimmer with a RCBS Three-way cutter, powered by a small drill.I really like it for small batches of cases. I still have my Little Crow for processing the big batches of over a hundred.

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    Deprimed, resized and belled the case mouth on 250 .40 S&W cases then primed them. Plan to add powder and bullets tomorrow, kinda hit me that i need to catchup on bullet production for shooting season!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I just have a couple semi-autos but can still shoot 200 in about an hour.
    It doesn't take long. I'll stop at the range on my way home from work, empty a dozen 30 rounders in 15 minutes, lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    Finished up the 250 rounds of .40 s&w this evening. 180 grain plated extreme bullets over 7.4 grains of HS-6.

Attachments

• 58805DE4-C118-4FFB-A368-2D1A9C355022.jpg
      58805DE4-C118-4FFB-A368-2D1A9C355022.jpg
      85 KB · Views: 337

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Set up my new Lee Classic Cast Turret press and cranked out ~200 rds of 9mm. It was a mix of 160gr coated RN and 115gr/124gr GDHPs. Went pretty well, and I was glad to finally make some headway on the mix pack of JHPs I bought online (sorting it was a PITA).

I gotta say, this press is pretty amazing. The auto-index function makes things run faster, and unlike the Loadmaster (which I totally gave up on), it works almost perfectly. I sometimes get a little enthusiastic with pulling the handle and over-rotate the turret, but once I get a good cadence going, it's pretty reliable. I can live with 100-200rds an hour of 9mm, that's enough to keep up with my shooting regimen.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Got my hands on some 150gr 6.5CM bullets. These will be jumping about .200" if I load to mag length. I know some AR guys jump them that far but I'm a little concerned.

Guess load testing will prove if viable or not. If not 147gr will work fine.

These things look like VLDs, over 1.5" long

Attachments

• 20180429_185451.jpg
      20180429_185451.jpg
      81 KB · Views: 227

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Loaded up ~80 147gr Speer GDHPs and ~25 Hornady 124gr XTPs. Slowly working through all those random bullets I got...

Also got my riser setup for my autodrum, so adjusting it is a heck of a lot easier now.

Casey39r

BANNED!!!
    Mar 27, 2018
    Maryland
    I need to reload some 50 AEs and 45 ACPs but I have no idea how to reload. Is there anyone on here will to teach? If you want to get paid for teaching me, please message me and we can go over the details.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I need to reload some 50 AEs and 45 ACPs but I have no idea how to reload. Is there anyone on here will to teach? If you want to get paid for teaching me, please message me and we can go over the details.

I think there is a list in the reloading thread of people that will teach you. A good start would be buying a couple of reloading books like the ABC'S of reloading and read them at least 2 times. I'm sure others will post their advice also. Keep an open mind the guys on here will lead you in the right direction.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I think there is a list in the reloading thread of people that will teach you. A good start would be buying a couple of reloading books like the ABC'S of reloading and read them at least 2 times. I'm sure others will post their advice also. Keep an open mind the guys on here will lead you in the right direction.

This is VERY good advice. Should be the 1st (and I'd argue will be the best) $20 you can spend on a new reloading hobby.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    My working bench is installed and today I assembled a cabinet with cherry top and doors, once I install the drawers I'll put up some pics. Buying factory 9mm at this point, looking for JHP bullets for next reloading session.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    Joppa MD not far from Edgewood Arsenal.

That's not too far away from where I am. I'm in the Hereford zone. Happy to help out if you'd like.

It's not rocket science, but you absolutely need to be careful and pay attention to what you're doing.

Definitely recommend getting a reloading manual (or a couple) and do a little reading beforehand.

PM me if you want to get together.

Casey39r

BANNED!!!
    Mar 27, 2018
    Maryland
    That's not too far away from where I am. I'm in the Hereford zone. Happy to help out if you'd like.

It's not rocket science, but you absolutely need to be careful and pay attention to what you're doing.

Definitely recommend getting a reloading manual (or a couple) and do a little reading beforehand.

PM me if you want to get together.

Ok, thanks. I'll get some books on reloading today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom