• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    While I am appreciative for the work that Jack McCauly and the rest of you have put in, I am of the belief that this will not only not make it out of committee but will not even be brought up for a vote.

For those who will say I am a downer and suffer BGOS put it up, dinner at FOGO de Chao courtesy of the loser, that is you say it will come up for vote, I say it wont. I will pay up even if it comes up to vote regardless of it passing.

NOBODY

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    While I am appreciative for the work that Jack McCauly and the rest of you have put in, I am of the belief that this will not only not make it out of committee but will not even be brought up for a vote.

For those who will say I am a downer and suffer BGOS put it up, dinner at FOGO de Chao courtesy of the loser, that is you say it will come up for vote, I say it wont. I will pay up even if it comes up to vote regardless of it passing.

NOBODY

Probably true. The specific bill doesn't matter so much as a man who has incredible knowledge and insight - thoroughly investigated it for himself (he's a decorated Maryland detective we all know) and whole heartedly agreed with us. That's significant to our cause.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Every time someone speaks in front of them, writes a letter, makes a quick phone call, or even just talks about the 2A in MD, another chisel is taken to the Wall of Ignorance our government has so smugly built. We are consistently getting more chiselers every year and this time, a couple of jackhammers too (pun shamelessly intended).

Keep at it :thumbsup:

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Probably true. The specific bill doesn't matter so much as a man who has incredible knowledge and insight - thoroughly investigated it for himself (he's a decorated Maryland detective we all know) and whole heartedly agreed with us. That's significant to our cause.

Every time someone speaks in front of them, writes a letter, makes a quick phone call, or even just talks about the 2A in MD, another chisel is taken to the Wall of Ignorance our government has so smugly built. We are consistently getting more chiselers every year and this time, a couple of jackhammers too (pun shamelessly intended).

I agree totally and for a minute after hearing Mr. McCauleys testimony I got optimistic, them I remembered Mr. Vallario (sp) holds the key to the voting machine and he aint opening it no matter who speaks.

NOBODY

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    They can only keep this up for so long. THEY NEED TO BE CHECKED.
    The more minds in those chambers that sway, the less this issue and others can be hidden.

bhtr

Feb 1, 2013
    Calvert County,
    If Vallario is another Frosh, maybe if Miller came our way a little, he'd pressure Vallario

Miller does have some influence on Vallario but I don't see Miller ever budging on this. Miller is ever the politician so you can get his ear if you think you can get him to hear you.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    blah blah blah dinner at FOGO de Chao blah blah blah

NOBODY

all I heard was FOGO DE CHAO, I've been to Chicago,Vegas and Baltimore Fogos. incredible!!!! brotip...the lunch menu is the better buy, just ask for the fillet and they will bring it on.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just to keep the players straight , Vallario is the chair of the HOUSE Judicary Committee , where Mr McCaulyey did NOT speak. Dirkin is the Chair of the SENATE Judicial Prodcedings Committee.

As far as the official chain of command , The Chair of SJPC takes *firm requests* from the President of the Senate , aka MILLER , while the HJC takes *firm requests* from the Speaker of the House. Neither the President nor the Speaker can *MAKE* a Committee Chair do or not do anything. However at anytime the Pseaker or President can REMOVE a Chair, and if the replacement Chair hopes to remain such for more than 3min , they will probably take the hint and connect the dots.

Where the conections are presumed between Vallario and Miller are more indirect . You can debate the handfull of power centers of Dem power statewide at any given time , but at the PG Co level Miller is the 2,000 lb Gorilla in influence and $ . Miller and Vallario ( & Proctor ) show up together at all the school events and church picnics in Dist 27 . Vallario and Proctor are all listed with Miller as a slate on all the campaign material in Dist 27 .

All that said , I am NOT hating on Vallario . Sure our sider has our feelings about his desk drawer , and the occasional illegal revote, but look at how the other side views him. They hate he for coddling US ! Failing direct orders , most of the nuttiest anti gun Bills end in the same desk drawer.

Anytime you think Vallario is bad , look at who is in line to take his place ( and the next several likely candidates behind her) .

Yeah , in our dream world the MGA , and Md politics will be completely reformed , and suddenlty be fair and representive. Meanwhile in the world as it is , we could do way worse than having Vallario.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    As the head of the Maryland State Police Licensing Division, Jack McCauley decided what would qualify as a “good and substantial” reason to obtain a handgun permit on a case by case basis. Maryland is a “may issue” state — meaning the ultimate decision on whether to issue a concealed carry permit is left to a government official.

I'm unimpressed, as the head of the MSP he had a duty to the citizens he served to study the facts and do the right thing, he chose to play politics with the safety and well being of those he swore to protect. His 11th hour religious conversion is a little to late....Sounds like a campaign is coming.

I too have serious concerns about public servants that put their allegiance to those that sign their paycheck ahead of their oath to the citizens the serve and protect, and what's morally right.

That said, Capt. McCauley has come through for me more than once after the MSP "lost" my permit paperwork.

Working with him, knowing his missionary work, seeing his character, I believe I know his heart, and his dedication to public service.

McCauley could have easily remained a tool of the tyrants, and been rewarded with promotions and cash at the expense of his soul.

A good police officer always protects the weak, and defends the innocent, regardless of political masters. Good cops are always remembered in people's hearts, and Knobs are always remembered by history.

I only have praise for Jack McCauley.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

I have great expectations, but DC-W got it right in his post. It is going to happen here in Maryland one way or another. Legislatively, administratively or eventually involuntarily by SCOTUS. OP, keep betting against the cause, and go enjoy your meal at FOGO while the rest of us keep the pressure on.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I too have serious concerns about public servants that put their allegiance to those that sign their paycheck ahead of their oath to the citizens the serve and protect, and what's morally right.

That said, Capt. McCauley has come through for me more than once after the MSP "lost" my permit paperwork.

Working with him, knowing his missionary work, seeing his character, I believe I know his heart, and his dedication to public service.

McCauley could have easily remained a tool of the tyrants, and been rewarded with promotions and cash at the expense of his soul.

A good police officer always protects the weak, and defends the innocent, regardless of political masters. Good cops are always remembered in people's hearts, and Knobs are always remembered by history.

I only have praise for Jack McCauley.

Well put.

His decision to side with what he viewed as legally and morally correct after studying the topic took courage. By doing so, he admitted that he was wrong and limited future career prospects at a senior level in law enforcement as many large cities are run by mayors from the Democratic Party that have opposing views on 2A rights.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

NOBODY

Don't be so sure. :innocent0

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I have great expectations, but DC-W got it right in his post. It is going to happen here in Maryland one way or another. Legislatively, administratively or eventually involuntarily by SCOTUS. OP, keep betting against the cause, and go enjoy your meal at FOGO while the rest of us keep the pressure on.
    They would change the law before it got to the SCOTUS like IL did in order to protect the laws in other liberal bastions of gun control. This would happen because if this does go before the SCOTUS and the law was struck down, then all these stupid laws preventing people from carrying in places like New York or Boston, i.e would be null and void.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Don't forget as hopeless at it seems sometimes here in Marty-Land we are winning on the national platform. The majority of the states are shall issue and quite a few more seem to be moving toward constitutional carry. We are winning and the dominoes will eventually fall. The Supreme Court might not like the subject, but they cannot ignore it forever.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.

NOBODY

I agree totally and for a minute after hearing Mr. McCauleys testimony I got optimistic, them I remembered Mr. Vallario (sp) holds the key to the voting machine and he aint opening it no matter who speaks.

NOBODY

I will not take you up on your bet.
    However I do request this of you. Please pick up the phone or shoot some emails to members of the committee before starting with the negative nelly routine. At the end of the day if you played your part in getting engaged with the committee members you have all the right to moan and complain. But until then.....I am not accusing you of not doing your part, because I have not read through every thread or post, so maybe somewhere you said "Sent off my emails to the committee members."
    Please promise not step on my back, or knock me down as you go running to submit your application if bills do pass.

If every negative nelly on this forum devoted half as much time they take to write their pessimistic posts to writing emails to committee remembers we would all be a lot better off.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I will not take you up on your bet.
    However I do request this of you. Please pick up the phone or shoot some emails to members of the committee before starting with the negative nelly routine. At the end of the day if you played your part in getting engaged with the committee members you have all the right to moan and complain. But until then.....I am not accusing you of not doing your part, because I have not read through every thread or post, so maybe somewhere you said "Sent off my emails to the committee members."
    Please promise not step on my back, or knock me down as you go running to submit your application if bills do pass.

If every negative nelly on this forum devoted half as much time they take to write their pessimistic posts to writing emails to committee remembers we would all be a lot better off.

I have emailed, I have called and when I can I get to Annapolis. And that is this year and the past few.

I am not a negative nelly,I am a realist this is not third grade and if we all wish for snow we believe it will come tonight, this is Annapolis and when you have strong ANTIs in the chair who are put there by other ANTIs IE: Mike and Mike, that are supported by mostly ANTIs in their districts and do not care what you say because you do not vote for them, then you will have no vote, it sucks but that is the system.

As far as running over you for a permit, I could VERY easily have one due to my business but CHOOSE to suffer with the masses as I do not agree with a limited permit, well permits for that matter but a limited one is more BS than none.

Should I call you a Neg Nelly since you do not want to take up the bet.:D

NOBODY

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    if we were to get it out of the senate committee, then vallario's desk drawer is of no consequence in the house, because there exists enough house supporters to petition the house crossfiled bill out of committee without a vote.

the senate committee is the hurdle now. its also the committee that has seen its testimony go viral. we have a little leverage, and at least 5 out of 11 votes, if everyone is being honest.

call zirkin and ask him to schedule a vote and support the bill.

Senator Zirkin's contact info: 1-800-492-7122 x 3131. bobby.zirkin@senate.state.md.us

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom