• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    Effective immediately, licenses issued by MPD (private citizens) which are set to expire during the COVID19 will REMAIN VALID for 45 days after the END of emergency and any subsequent extensions. FYI

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I’m not allowed to send the teletype out I’ll see if i can find a public link but he is correct.

The teletype specifically asks to call Registration with any questions at 202-727-4275

You MAY, not positive, find the information in the Mayors order 2020-046 but that might just be the initial state of emergency.

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    I’m not allowed to send the teletype out I’ll see if i can find a public link but he is correct.

The teletype specifically asks to call Registration with any questions at 202-727-4275

You MAY, not positive, find the information in the Mayors order 2020-046 but that might just be the initial state of emergency.

Thanks for the info. I didn't see anything in the Mayor's order, but it looks like it might be the basis for the extension.

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    It confirmed. You don't see it because "Not for the press"

Leave it to DC to have a "not for public" public policy... Appreciate you putting the info out, I've been waiting for my renewal to come in the mail. Now I know it's not likely to show up anytime soon.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    Got this email notification this morning:

Dear Licensee:

The public health emergency due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) presents unprecedented challenges for all of us. As the Metropolitan Police Department continues to work tirelessly to safeguard the District and everyone in it, we are aware that concealed carry licensees with upcoming renewal periods may not be able to satisfy the training and range practice requirements for renewal. As a result, commencing immediately, pursuant to § 310 of the COVID-19 Response Emergency Amendment Act of 2020 and the authority sub-delegated to me by the District of Columbia City Administrator, I am temporarily extending the validity of concealed carry licenses (CCL) set to expire during the COVID-19 public health emergency, as declared by the Mayor in Mayor’s Order 2020-046, issued March 11, 2020, and holding renewals in abeyance until 45 days after the end of the emergency and any subsequent extensions.

What does that mean for you? If you currently have a concealed carry license that is scheduled to expire on any date during the public health emergency, you can rest assured that it will remain valid. You will then be permitted to timely renew your license within 45 days of the date that the public health emergency ends. Also please note that licensees are not required to obtain or demonstrate proof of the requisite training or range practice for renewal during the duration of the public health emergency or any extension.

However, licensees must continue to comply with all other requirements to maintain their license and/or eligibility for renewal. Failure to do so will result in the suspension or revocation of your concealed carry license. In addition, licensees should print this letter and carry it with their CCL.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    This is little help for those of us who expired BEFORE the emergency and are still waiting for our renewal. I put my renewal paperwork in early February and it still hasn't been processed.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Got this email notification this morning:

Dear Licensee:

The public health emergency due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) presents unprecedented challenges for all of us. As the Metropolitan Police Department continues to work tirelessly to safeguard the District and everyone in it, we are aware that concealed carry licensees with upcoming renewal periods may not be able to satisfy the training and range practice requirements for renewal. As a result, commencing immediately, pursuant to § 310 of the COVID-19 Response Emergency Amendment Act of 2020 and the authority sub-delegated to me by the District of Columbia City Administrator, I am temporarily extending the validity of concealed carry licenses (CCL) set to expire during the COVID-19 public health emergency, as declared by the Mayor in Mayor’s Order 2020-046, issued March 11, 2020, and holding renewals in abeyance until 45 days after the end of the emergency and any subsequent extensions.

What does that mean for you? If you currently have a concealed carry license that is scheduled to expire on any date during the public health emergency, you can rest assured that it will remain valid. You will then be permitted to timely renew your license within 45 days of the date that the public health emergency ends. Also please note that licensees are not required to obtain or demonstrate proof of the requisite training or range practice for renewal during the duration of the public health emergency or any extension.

However, licensees must continue to comply with all other requirements to maintain their license and/or eligibility for renewal. Failure to do so will result in the suspension or revocation of your concealed carry license. In addition, licensees should print this letter and carry it with their CCL.

Thank you for posting this for Ack. This is what my teletype said.

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    I just received my renewed permit today. Applied about 6 weeks ago. Apparently they are still doing some work at their HQ.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Got my email too. I had called in early March and was told my permit would not be valid until training classes resumed and I could submit the renewal. Looks like they changed their minds, and extended permits 45 days. That must have hurt!

You’re supposed to keep the letter with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I hope they extend it on the database used by states that recognize DC permits, since getting stopped when mpd firearms office is closed for the night, with an expired permit could put you in jail

SharpShoooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2020
    This is good news, I put my renewal in July, 3 months prior to expiration. Mine expires in a week. The letter says when pandemic is over, that should mean phase 4 for DC. We are only in phase 2 right now, so should be a minute. I already did and got my training certificate. Probably will be expired by the time the pandemic is over

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Expired Permits valid until September 8, 2021

Dear Licensee:
    The public health emergency due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) has presented unprecedented challenges for all of us the last 16 months. During that time, the Metropolitan Police Department temporarily extended the validity of concealed carry licenses (CCL) set to expire during the COVID-19 public health emergency, as declared by the Mayor in Mayor’s Order 2020-046, issued March 11, 2020, and held renewals in abeyance until 45 days after the end of the emergency and any subsequent extensions. The public health emergency in the District is set to end on July 25, 2021. Accordingly, any licenses that expired after March 11, 2020 will be invalid after September 8, 2021.
    To renew your license, please visit the MPD webpage for online renewals at: https://mpdrequest.mpdc.dc.gov/Default.aspx
    Although licensees are not required to obtain or demonstrate proof of the requisite training or range practice for renewal during the duration of the public health emergency or the 45-day grace period, licensees must continue to comply with all other requirements to maintain their license and/or eligibility for renewal. Failure to do so will result in the suspension or revocation of your concealed carry license.
    Please do not hesitate to contact the Firearms Registration Branch at 202-727-4275 if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
    Robert J. Contee III
    Chief of Police

My emphasis

Actual signed PDF attached.

Attachments

• CCL Reminder Letter_07 16 21-signed.pdf
      74.5 KB · Views: 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads