• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    All that “growth” in Crofton was one of the reasons we left after 18 years. I’m sure the growth is also a reason Capitol Raceway is closing. They would have had many more noise complaints... It’s sad. fred55

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    One of the best ways to decide if you can handle a given commute is to actually drive it. Stay with family or in a motel and drive from that part of AA to Tyson's or wherever at the time(s) and day(s) you would actually need to. Many people house shop on weekends when they and most of everyone else is off from work. This along with mapping apps can give a false sense of the reality of the commute.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Not the one that abuts 3 South just south of the Exxon station?

BTW, a MONSTER development (complete with soon to be empty "anchor" stores) is being planned on the now empty dust bowl on 301 just south of 214. The B-52s came through there while the zoning change was being debated in the Bowie City Council; forest was gone in three days.

It's going to be entertaining watching the peeing contest over if it will be part of Bowie or Upper Marlboro...

Darn, I forgot about the one you were thinking of ... yeah more traffic just 3 miles away, right between the development and most people's jobs.

The number of sections designated 55+ in Two Rivers makes me think they told the county planning board there would be no commuter traffic because all the residents would be retired; no road or traffic signal improvement payment required.

ETA: also exempted them from having to pay for a new school to serve the community. This development is a premade disaster

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Indeed. The two rivers nonsense is a bunch of political bull. It was set to be retirement age. So, they avoided the school impact parts. Including the part where you can't even break ground for up to 6 years while you wait for schools to open. Then, they petitioned to have it changed because not enough were selling. What a convenient work around.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Indeed. The two rivers nonsense is a bunch of political bull. It was set to be retirement age. So, they avoided the school impact parts. Including the part where you can't even break ground for up to 6 years while you wait for schools to open. Then, they petitioned to have it changed because not enough were selling. What a convenient work around.

Bad business decisions should not be the government's resposibilty to resolve. Bribes win again.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    ETA: also exempted them from having to pay for a new school to serve the community. This development is a premade disaster

Two Rivers is districted to the new "West County" Elementary school, which I can't find a location for. Looks like it's district will be west of the Little Patuxent up Patuxent Road and the lower sections of Piney Orchard Pkwy. Feeds into Arundel Middle/High School.

Point being new school going up, doubt they avoided the costs.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom