• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I have does on order, but I would rather hoard my own brass than buy new. To that end, anyone know where I might be able to source some .458 socom locally (Eastern shore/ Queen Annes Co; I can go to Annapolis too). I travel to Westminster for hunting and actually tried BBP on the way up Friday, but no luck. Bass pro and Dicks were a strike out too)

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Not aware of any local (e.g. Annapolis area) locations that stock. It is not a real popular calibre and becoming less so. When I needed some I purchased online from, Buffalo Bore. It's been a few years.

Last edited:

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Not aware of any local (e.g. Annapolis area) locations that stock. It is not a real popular calibre and becoming less so. When I needed some I purchased online from, Buffalo Arms (I think). It's been a few years.

I don’t get that, of the three big bore choices it the only option that headspaces on the shoulder and it uses 45-70 bullets instead of pistol bullets....

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    A while back, I ordered a .458 SOCOM upper and wound up buying a couple of boxes of loaded ammo, and dies.

I also bought several bags of SOCOM virgin brass.

Midway USA is where I got my stuff.

Come to think of it, I've never even put the upper on any of my lowers.

:shrug::shrug:

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I have does on order, but I would rather hoard my own brass than buy new. To that end, anyone know where I might be able to source some .458 socom locally (Eastern shore/ Queen Annes Co; I can go to Annapolis too). I travel to Westminster for hunting and actually tried BBP on the way up Friday, but no luck. Bass pro and Dicks were a strike out too)

Hanover Armory usually has it

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Mike at Black Anchor Armory in Denton might have some. He used to have a in store section on his website but it’s missing now. If he has any in store it’s probably not many boxes. Worth a call. (410) 575-4867

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Mike at Black Anchor Armory in Denton might have some. He used to have a in store section on his website but it’s missing now. If he has any in store it’s probably not many boxes. Worth a call. (410) 575-4867

I always forget about Black Anchor - I am up that way at least once a week. I’ll give them a shot.

If I strike out I’ve got a few alternatives on the western side. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom