Dicks Sports in Columbia does not sell firearmss.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ELLICOTT

Feb 28, 2015
    They don't carry archery stuff either,not even a target. When I went in and asked,the girl almost cringed and said oh no sir we have never sold guns here and won't. She said you need to go to Glen Burnie to buy that stuff,like it was drugs or some illegal things that i was asking for.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Same response I got. That they never sold guns or ammo.

That comment from a sales associate at Dicks in Columbia would be a sign of employee turnover. If they started working the after the remodel they probably would just say never sold them.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That comment from a sales associate at Dicks in Columbia would be a sign of employee turnover. If they started working the after the remodel they probably would just say never sold them.

yeah, I love that in ANY store. When you mention how something used to be and the n00b employee who isn't even past their probationary period will argue that it was NEVER that way :facepalm:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Elliott city and sykesville are good. Columbia is jus terrible. Sorry to butt hurt someone that lives there jus my own 2 cents. Some may say baldwin sucks. To each their own.

Ellicott City is becoming so-so, just moved from there.

Baldwin is nice, where I grew up. The only thing that sucks in Baldwin is the drive to the beach. :D

emnsb

Oct 15, 2013
    Something to point out is that Columbia Association forbids firearms (I assume excluding police) on its property, so if CCW is ever a reality in Maryland those of us in the bubble are still screwed.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Something to point out is that Columbia Association forbids firearms (I assume excluding police) on its property, so if CCW is ever a reality in Maryland those of us in the bubble are still screwed.

Concealed means concealed, just sayin'.....

Shame those cocknockers don't sell firearms or ammunition, I've got an unlimited stash of 20% off anything in the store coupons good for this coming Saturday only. :innocent0

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Well, there is Fox Firearms somewhere around Columbia, but that guy has a pretty bad rap on here after suing the board owner. His case was thrown out by the judge.

There used to be Constitutional Firearms (I believe that is the name), right by Maple Lawn in the little shopping center that can be seen from 29 that has been there for 20+ years. However, he closed up shop in 2014.

Me, I try to stay away from Columbia. I try to stay west of 108 and where it intersects 29.

Contitutional opened before the panic and Newtown. It was only open for a year or two. The one in Burtonsville, that had been around for 20+ years was the Gun Rack.

It is a shame that all of these guys are folding up. Brick and Mortar shops are hard to come by due to increases in rent etc.. The only places left I know of in Howard are Accurrate Pawn and 2A (Highly reccomended!).

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    They don't carry archery stuff either,not even a target. When I went in and asked,the girl almost cringed and said oh no sir we have never sold guns here and won't. She said you need to go to Glen Burnie to buy that stuff,like it was drugs or some illegal things that i was asking for.

She was probably between the age of 16 and 21!

and a victim of CIVILITY!

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    ALL of Howard county is going downhill. I have loaned my scanner to more folks then I have listened to it in the past 10 years. The police are really good about hiding crime from the media. They only post the stuff when forced due to the media falling on top of a story.

Property crimes are rising, assualts are rising, I usually hear (and I do not listen to the scanner a lot unless I hear sirens) 3-4 armed robberies a week. It has become slowly backing up sewer here.

Taxes are ridiculous both state and county!

The south is looking so much more inviting, especially after the weather this winter!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Contitutional opened before the panic and Newtown. It was only open for a year or two. The one in Burtonsville, that had been around for 20+ years was the Gun Rack.

It is a shame that all of these guys are folding up. Brick and Mortar shops are hard to come by due to increases in rent etc.. The only places left I know of in Howard are Accurrate Pawn and 2A (Highly reccomended!).

There is South Carroll Sporting Goods just over the Howard/Carroll line on route 94 and then there is Shooter's Discount (i.e., Lou45) and some other Gun Shack in Mount Airy. Have no idea exactly which county they are in, but would guess Carroll. Again, not too far over the line from Howard. Somewhat smart to have a gun shop in Carroll County just on the other side of the Howard County and/or Montgomery County line. Probably have to deal with a lot less crap.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    The richest city in a top 5 richest county in the country is a shit hole? I guess that makes the whole country a shit hole?

Columbia is a crap hole. The crime doesn't get reported to "save" the reputation of the glorious "planned" unicorn and fairy dust community. Heaven forbid the communist idea fails. :rolleyes:

Howard County on the other hand, is bi-polar. You have extreme libtards to the east, and a very conservative bunch out west.

I see you are from GA, so I would expect you not to understand.... ;)

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Columbia is a crap hole. The crime doesn't get reported to "save" the reputation of the glorious "planned" unicorn and fairy dust community. Heaven forbid the communist idea fails. :rolleyes:

Howard County on the other hand, is bi-polar. You have extreme libtards to the east, and a very conservative bunch out west.

I see you are from GA, so I would expect you not to understand.... ;)

Lived there for all but 4 years of my life. ;) What's your definition of a good place to live?

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013

)

this so much this! IIRC wasnt there a shooting by the HoCo PD some years ago, when the officer got tangled up in his seatbelt and then managed to shoot two "suspects" by AD over a bag of pot.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    ALL of Howard county is going downhill. I have loaned my scanner to more folks then I have listened to it in the past 10 years. The police are really good about hiding crime from the media. They only post the stuff when forced due to the media falling on top of a story.

Property crimes are rising, assualts are rising, I usually hear (and I do not listen to the scanner a lot unless I hear sirens) 3-4 armed robberies a week. It has become slowly backing up sewer here.

The south is looking so much more inviting, especially after the weather this winter!

I follow this but I gather it isn't really 100% complete:

http://www.howardcountymd.gov/crimebulletin.htm

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I live and bought in Howard for better schools than what I saw in PG. Home prices are typically better in those neighborhoods than others in the State. Not putting myself on higher ground, it's what I could afford at the time and I wanted better for my family. Ive lived all over the State. From when Laurel was just starting up to it's decline when I saw the mall get 'thugged' out and a bike of mine was stole when I lived over in Foxfire Apartments.

I made it a point that I'd never set foot back in PG from my long term experience there. Again not shaming anyone that lives there and I'm sure like all counties there are nice and bad pockets - but once burned, I'll never return. I changed my location and never looked back. Howard isn't the best for 2A, but it's better in other areas.

Accurate assessment.......:innocent0

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

I listen to the scanner a lot. It's amazing what happens compared to what hits the news.

The crime is mostly very localized though in a few spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom